We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSG you must be kidding me!? (75FA SYMBOL)

The most over-farmed instance in the whole game THOROG drops 75 FA symbol??

Then you could have just made it available in skirmish camps... I thought you disabled it to make it more challenging to get the symbol, now people will farm that boring instance instead of TOO..

Do you even realize you made it worse than the ridiculous BG farm at 65?

Are you sure? Have you dropped one or are you going on hearsay this time?

I detest Thorog, and haven't even got that raid open. Mindless farming all day every day for skirmish currency - not my thing, so I will not be participating in it. That said, I have no objection to a level 75 symbol being in a level 75 raid. Finding one in the Rift, would be a real issue, but in any level 75 raid, not so much.

Just my opinion on it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Are you sure? Have you dropped one or are you going on hearsay this time?

I detest Thorog, and haven't even got that raid open. Mindless farming all day every day for skirmish currency - not my thing, so I will not be participating in it. That said, I have no objection to a level 75 symbol being in a level 75 raid. Finding one in the Rift, would be a real issue, but in any level 75 raid, not so much.

Just my opinion on it.
    Yes, it was possible right before the patch apparently. Now I can't say for sure.
    Even though the raid scales, it's a 10min no effort run so it doesn't make sense for the 75FA symbol to drop there since it's for a BIS piece. Also Thorog doesn't even belong to the original 75 instances. It's like they would throw in isengard gear pieces inside Great barrow lol. And like with BG, this is the ONLY thing people will farm at 75 now. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    It drops out of the challenge chest, which means it drops once a week for up to 24 people....
    Apparently it just drops from the normal kill, hence why people are farming it. It has nothing to do with challenge.

the drop rate is pretty low and seeing how they didn't do anything with the bartered ones honestly who cares

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post
    the drop rate is pretty low and seeing how they didn't do anything with the bartered ones honestly who cares
    Yeah, none cares about anything when it comes to this game anymore. No surprise there.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Apparently it just drops from the normal kill, hence why people are farming it. It has nothing to do with challenge.
    Well, people farm it constantly anyway, for skirm currency, so that really isn't any bearing on anything. Apparently, doesn't wash, and the only way to be sure is to farm it yourself until you see on drop outside the challenge chest. I'd test it to try get the true answer for you, but . . . . It's Thorog, so ugh, nope.

Well, people farm it constantly anyway, for skirm currency, so that really isn't any bearing on anything. Apparently, doesn't wash, and the only way to be sure is to farm it yourself until you see on drop outside the challenge chest. I'd test it to try get the true answer for you, but . . . . It's Thorog, so ugh, nope.
    Yeah people farm it constantly for marks, so why not throw every BIS item inside that raid huh? And people are saying it drops from the boss in the kinship, why would they lie? T2 not even needed. If im wrong, I'm sure SSG can comment on it.

Also, you know what happens when people run out of things to do? FA symbol is a perfect carrot to keep us busy on the cap for a while, and once again SSG fails to make that happen.

Yeah people farm it constantly for marks, so why not throw every BIS item inside that raid huh? And people are saying it drops from bosses in the kinship, why would they lie? If im wrong, I'm sure SSG can comment on it.

Also, you know what happens when people run out of things to do? FA symbol is a perfect carrot to keep us busy on the cap for a while, and once again SSG fails to make that happen.
    Ahh, so you heard of off people you know and trust. That's a bit different then, you didn't say that originally. I still don't see much issue with it though, if it's level 75 raid content. It may even drop in the other Hele raids, OD, or BG if run at level cap for all we know. Those that want the Orthanc cluster stuff though - will run Orthanc cluster. An FA that makes very little difference is not enough on it's own.

They make farms on purpose. They want you to farm one specific thing endlessly. If you think about it every level cap increase has this. Why? Because it checks a lot of boxes. Accessible, time-consuming, casual, hoarders, treasure hunters, gamblers, etc. They satisfy every need in one easy solution. There is nothing as useful to keep most people busy as a farm.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    They make farms on purpose. They want you to farm one specific thing endlessly. If you think about it every level cap increase has this. Why? Because it checks a lot of boxes. Accessible, time-consuming, casual, hoarders, treasure hunters, gamblers, etc. They satisfy every need in one easy solution. There is nothing as useful to keep most people busy as a farm.
    This is true. I just wish they'd shake it up a bit and change the farm from time to time. I really can't stand thorog. That said, maybe leave Thorog as the farm. It's because it's a farm that I can't stand it, and to make something else the in thing to farm, would probably make me hate that instead.

Ahh, so you heard of off people you know and trust. That's a bit different then, you didn't say that originally. I still don't see much issue with it though, if it's level 75 raid content. It may even drop in the other Hele raids, OD, or BG if run at level cap for all we know. Those that want the Orthanc cluster stuff though - will run Orthanc cluster. An FA that makes very little difference is not enough on it's own.
    A FA makes very little difference? Please tell me you are joking. The FA will make huge difference from 65-75. Also, you don't have to believe me, just ask people in world chat.

The reason why I don't like this is that people will run out of things to do again, and quit the server. Players are saying they are moving too fast with these servers, same will happen now. Endgame won't last for 3months, trust me.

The most over-farmed instance in the whole game THOROG drops 75 FA symbol??

Then you could have just made it available in skirmish camps... I thought you disabled it to make it more challenging to get the symbol, now people will farm that boring instance instead of TOO..

Do you even realize you made it worse than the ridiculous BG farm at 65?
    depends on how many are farming it... no ones forcing others to run Throrog that's their choice to do it or not do it, I'm sure there are groups that only want to do ToO for FA.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I remember people in world chat saying that they were changing Thorog farms to where you wouldn't get any/as many marks/medallions anymore (around the last update i think). Is that true? I don't see many Thorog runs now, I used to see them all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuku View Post
    I remember people in world chat saying that they were changing Thorog farms to where you wouldn't get any/as many marks/medallions anymore (around the last update i think). Is that true? I don't see many Thorog runs now, I used to see them all the time though.
    Thorog farms haven't really been a thing on Evernight lately. Instead, they are doing something extremely dumb - Prancing Pony seal farms. Guys, I have 27k seals. Do you know why I have so many? Because they are useless.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

The reason why I don't like this is that people will run out of things to do again, and quit the server (...) Endgame won't last for 3months, trust me.
    That happens no matter what. There is only so much to grind in a game any ways. And for those farming Thorog for skirmish currency, they'll be burnt out in less than 3 months any ways, so who cares?

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

I think Thorog only drops them rarely. A bigger issue with 1st Age symbols is that because of the bug on the first day launch, there are more 1st Age symbols on Anor than there are players. People are probably only going to hoard them for a little while to make sure they're not punished, and then they'll start selling them on their freshly-made L6 Beornings so that nobody in the community knows who they are.

A FA makes very little difference? Please tell me you are joking. The FA will make huge difference from 65-75. Also, you don't have to believe me, just ask people in world chat.

The reason why I don't like this is that people will run out of things to do again, and quit the server. Players are saying they are moving too fast with these servers, same will happen now. Endgame won't last for 3months, trust me.
    Personally, I've never seen massive differences between a FA and a good SA. Sure there is a difference, otherwise nobody would ever want the FA, but having it isn't key to doing the content. You keep referring back to the good old days, well, in those days, when the only FA symbols were in Orthanc t2c chest (though, i remember a kinny getting one from a Calenard lootbox) - everyone had to run it with an SA.

You're over reacting and exaggerating on this IMO. You make it sound like the only reason players are playing is to earn their FAs. Players play for a lot more than that and some never bother with FA's at all. The BiS armour is gated behind Orthanc raid, the best cloak is gated behind Draigoch and Orthanc. As well as that there is a myriad of instance gear to play for in the Isen cluster to make those raids more manageable. the best bling is behind a fellowship landscape area and one of the best 6 mans in the game for the upgrade. Having an FA doesn't magically wipe all that content out as not required, because to get those things, you have to run that content.

This will make no difference to how quickly end game is finished. If a symbol is only found in Orthanc, then the players that run Orthanc will just sell those symbols to others once they've got their own, and the end game will finish at the same time as if those others earn it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Thorog farms haven't really been a thing on Evernight lately. Instead, they are doing something extremely dumb - Prancing Pony seal farms. Guys, I have 27k seals. Do you know why I have so many? Because they are useless.
    there is always a trend to run skraids for seals when we get a new essence tier. Seals are required to buy essence removal scrolls at the skirmish camp. Once everyone had got all their essences sorted, skraids will die down again because seals are about the only useful thing inside them for now, alongside a rare chance at a crystal.

Personally, I've never seen massive differences between a FA and a good SA. Sure there is a difference, otherwise nobody would ever want the FA, but having it isn't key to doing the content. You keep referring back to the good old days, well, in those days, when the only FA symbols were in Orthanc t2c chest (though, i remember a kinny getting one from a Calenard lootbox) - everyone had to run it with an SA.

You're over reacting and exaggerating on this IMO. You make it sound like the only reason players are playing is to earn their FAs. Players play for a lot more than that and some never bother with FA's at all. The BiS armour is gated behind Orthanc raid, the best cloak is gated behind Draigoch and Orthanc. As well as that there is a myriad of instance gear to play for in the Isen cluster to make those raids more manageable. the best bling is behind a fellowship landscape area and one of the best 6 mans in the game for the upgrade. Having an FA doesn't magically wipe all that content out as not required, because to get those things, you have to run that content.

This will make no difference to how quickly end game is finished. If a symbol is only found in Orthanc, then the players that run Orthanc will just sell those symbols to others once they've got their own, and the end game will finish at the same time as if those others earn it elsewhere.
    In the good old days it was HARD to get it, so you went for the second age first... That's exactly how I want it to be.

It's not the ONLY reason, but it's one of the reasons. Why are the first agers given out like candy?

Arnenna, you are saying that I am overreacting. All I'm saying this is not a good thing, the FA's was hard to get back in the day, not farmable by a 10 min instance it's ridiculous, hence why I was happy it was disabled at skirm camp.

In the good old days it was HARD to get it, so you went for the second age first... That's exactly how I want it to be.

It's not the ONLY reason, but it's one of the reasons. Why are the first agers given out like candy?

Arnenna, you are saying that I am overreacting. All I'm saying this is not a good thing, the FA's was hard to get back in the day, not farmable by a 10 min instance it's ridiculous, hence why I was happy it was disabled at skirm camp.
    And that's exactly how you should play it. Play the game - your way. You have very little control over how fast or slow others play or which routes they take. End game will arrive and finish when SSG determine it ready, not when we players decide.

FA's are not given out like candy. They are in raid content, where they should be. Granted . . . it's Thorog, but as far as I can see from comments so far, the drop chance is low. It's guaranteed in Orthanc chest, so - there is your avenue, you should take it. I'd be more concerned that a player can buy one from the AH for zero work, than them earning one in any level cap raid. There can be no control over keeping it HARD to get and ensuring players get the SA first - while FAs can be bought on the AH.

I don't agree with you on the removal from the skirm camp. I agree with you that they should never have been there in the first place, but I don't believe in locking stables after the horse has bolted, it just annoys people.

I got one symbol from the skirm camp, and I've decided not to use it, or sell it for now. I'll stick with a SA, and keep the symbol until the level cap moves. I won't be getting any from Thorog either, that's for sure, I'd rather buy them from a Vendor than venture down that road. I fully intend to get a symbol from the Orthanc or Draigoch raid, but if I don't manage to find time to do that then I won't even need one, so nothing lost.

You already know my take on this, they should have recouped the symbols bought from the camp, or left it alone. Same now goes for any earned in Thorog. If they change it, then they need to recoup any earned in the runs, and that includes your kinnies that told you about it.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Sep 11 2019 at 04:24 PM.

Players play for a lot more than that and some never bother with FA's at all.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

And that's exactly how you should play it. Play the game - your way. You have very little control over how fast or slow others play or which routes they take. End game will arrive and finish when SSG determine it ready, not when we players decide.

FA's are not given out like candy. They are in raid content, where they should be. Granted . . . it's Thorog, but as far as I can see from comments so far, the drop chance is low. It's guaranteed in Orthanc chest, so - there is your avenue, you should take it. I'd be more concerned that a player can buy one from the AH for zero work, than them earning one in any level cap raid.

I don't agree with you on the removal from the skirm camp. I agree with you that they should never have been there in the first place, but I don't believe in locking stables after the horse has bolted, it just annoys people.

I got one symbol from the skirm camp, and I've decided not to use it, or sell it for now. I'll stick with a SA, and keep the symbol until the level cap moves. I won't be getting any from Thorog either, that's for sure, I'd rather buy them from a Vendor than venture down that road. I fully intend to get a symbol from the Orthanc or Draigoch raid, but if I don't manage to find time to do that then I won't even need one, so nothing lost.

You already know my take on this, they should have recouped the symbols bought from the camp, or left it alone. Same now goes for any earned in Thorog. If they change it, then they need to recoup any earned in the runs, and that includes your kinnies that told you about it.
    Why would you not want the symbol in the Skirmish camp from the start, if you want it in Thorog lol? It's basically the same thing, except you need to do a boring unbalanced raid that lasts for 10 minutes.

Did you like the BG first boss farm as well?

Why would you not want the symbol in the Skirmish camp from the start, if you want it in Thorog lol? It's basically the same thing, except you need to do a boring unbalanced raid that lasts for 10 minutes.

Did you like the BG first boss farm as well?
    Who said I wanted it in Thorog? I can't stand Thorog lol. It doesn't bother me that it's in there though, but I won't be going in there after it. I play how I want to play, I don't follow a crowd. You should try it, it's a lot less stressful than worrying about what others can or can't do all the time.

BG is my all time favorite raid, and I couldn't wait for it to hit the LS. I got to 65, and geared up and then went in. We got to Durchest and I was all set for ten guards, and was sorely disappointed when the group just nuked the boss and then disbanded. I didn't even know why until I read through the chat window and saw that two group members had dropped a FA. My character is still using the level 65 SA that she decided to keep after that run, and I didn't enter BG again after that. I knew it would be pointless as people weren't going to go all the way. If you watch it all closely enough, you get a very clear picture. Looking at who is calling the LFF runs and comparing who is selling symbols, soon reveals that most are running first boss farms - purely to sell, and not even on a needs basis.

I remember the same thing happening at level 95 in OD on the main servers. Just mindless runs to kill the mammoths and nothing more. I gave up on that after two attempts to get the group to go up for the fell beast too, and hence, never saw a level 95 FA.

You may think you have me all figured out . . . but really . . . . you don't. When it comes to playing the game, I have my own standards, and I stick to them. I won't use my bought symbol, because that benefit was removed from others that came too late to the party. I won't sell it either - though, hundreds of players will buy symbols off raiders in the next three months. I don't expect everyone else to fall in with my ideas though, each to their own. Those who got in early can do what they like with it.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Sep 11 2019 at 04:39 PM.

Why does anyone even care about real progression on the legendary servers?

They are a copy of live. They are unbalanced. The classes and skills and items and trait trees are unbalanced.

Everyone should have known this from the start.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast