We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    Why does anyone even care about real progression on the legendary servers?

They are a copy of live. They are unbalanced. The classes and skills and items and trait trees are unbalanced.

Everyone should have known this from the start.
    Siege of Mirkwood instances actually had way better balance than what we have on 120. The t1 instance where easy enough for pugs, while T2 required communication.

You don't play on LS or what?
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Sep 11 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Who said I wanted it in Thorog? I can't stand Thorog lol. It doesn't bother me that it's in there though, but I won't be going in there after it. I play how I want to play, I don't follow a crowd. You should try it, it's a lot less stressful than worrying about what others can or can't do all the time.

BG is my all time favorite raid, and I couldn't wait for it to hit the LS. I got to 65, and geared up and then went in. We got to Durchest and I was all set for ten guards, and was sorely disappointed when the group just nuked the boss and then disbanded. I didn't even know why until I read through the chat window and saw that two group members had dropped a FA. My character is still using the level 65 SA that she decided to keep after that run, and I didn't enter BG again after that. I knew it would be pointless as people weren't going to go all the way. If you watch it all closely enough, you get a very clear picture. Looking at who is calling the LFF runs and comparing who is selling symbols, soon reveals that most are running first boss farms - purely to sell, and not even on a needs basis.

I remember the same thing happening at level 95 in OD on the main servers. Just mindless runs to kill the mammoths and nothing more. I gave up on that after two attempts to get the group to go up for the fell beast too, and hence, never saw a level 95 FA.

You may think you have me all figured out . . . but really . . . . you don't. When it comes to playing the game, I have my own standards, and I stick to them. I won't use my bought symbol, because that benefit was removed from others that came too late to the party. I won't sell it either - though, hundreds of players will buy symbols off raiders in the next three months. I don't expect everyone else to fall in with my ideas though, each to their own. Those who got in early can do what they like with it.
    I don't get you, sorry. You didn't like that people mindlessly farmed the first boss in BG. But then you don't mind people just farm Thorog? Can we just agree that this was bad from SSG's side, even if you don't mind that much?

Wouldn't it be cool if the FA symbols dropped in TOO only, so it would remain a rare thing? Just for the sake of it? I think it's cool to have rare stuff that only drops from the main content.

If we take BG as an example, it wouldn't have been bad if there was 1 daily lock on each chest so people could farm all bosses rather than spam the first boss. Or Thorog, as someone mentioned if it was a weekly lock to get the FA symbol.. But I hate when SSG brings the mindless boring farm runs, rather than getting people into the real content.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    I don't get you, sorry. You didn't like that people mindlessly farmed the first boss in BG. But then you don't mind people just farm Thorog? Can we just agree that this was bad from SSG's side, even if you don't mind that much?

Wouldn't it be cool if the FA symbols dropped in TOO only, so it would remain a rare thing? Just for the sake of it? I think it's cool to have rare stuff that only drops from the main content.

If we take BG as an example, it wouldn't have been bad if there was 1 daily lock on each chest so people could farm all bosses rather than spam the first boss. Or Thorog, as someone mentioned if it was a weekly lock to get the FA symbol.. But I hate when SSG brings the mindless boring farm runs, rather than getting people into the real content.
    Sure, I'll agree with you that it's not great - because it's Thorog, but it doesn't bother me - because I'm never gonna be in there. I only worry about the content I want to run. BG bothered me, because I wanted to kill the ten guards, and go up for the Lt - and that wasn't going to happen in any PuG, and as I'm not in a raiding kin - the only choice was to give up on it, rather than be frustrated when going into any runs.

It wouldn't bother me if there were FA symbols at Hobnanigans, as long as I can still get them the way I want to get them and the content that I want to run is still available for me to run. Can you get that? I don't let the activities of other players get to me. I only worry about the game play that I want to do. What other players can or can't do or get, doesn't concern me in the slightest.

FA's would only ever be a rare thing if they couldn't be sold or traded. While players can buy them (by doing nothing), they are never going to be the special earned reward that you want them to be. I haven't really done much on the LS since Moria, and already I sit on enough gold to buy three FA symbols if I want them - nothing special there. If we really want rare, unique, earned only weapons, then bound dropped FA's inside ToO - would make that real. The only way to get one is to do the raid - end of. There is more prestige involved in a title or mount from the Isen cluster, than sporting a FA Li. For a title or mount, you must do the content, for an FA Li - you just need the AH. I know which is more important to me, everything else is just . . . not worth worrying over.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Sure, I'll agree with you that it's not great - because it's Thorog, but it doesn't bother me - because I'm never gonna be in there. I only worry about the content I want to run. It wouldn't bother me if there were FA symbols at Hobnanigans, as long as I can still get them the way I want to get them and the content that I want to run is still available for me to run. Can you get that? I don't let the activities of other players get to me. I only worry about the game play that I want to do. What other players can or can't do or get, doesn't concern me in the slightest.

FA's would only ever be a rare thing if they couldn't be sold or traded. While players can buy them (by doing nothing), they are never going to be the special earned reward that you want them to be. I haven't really done much on the LS since Moria, and already I sit on enough gold to buy three FA symbols if I want them - nothing special there. If we really want rare, unique, earned only weapons, then bound dropped FA's inside ToO - would make that real. The only way to get one is to do the raid - end of. There is more prestige involved in a title or mount from the Isen cluster, than sporting a FA Li. For a title or mount, you must do the content, for an FA Li - you just need the AH. I know which is more important to me, everything else is just . . . not worth worrying over.
    Okay, I understand you, I don't bother that much either but I think it's sad that more people run Thorog than get into TOO. Fewer people to play with.

But yeah yeah, let's see where all this leads. I'm glad there are BIS items to get inside the new cluster at least so there will probably be plenty of people doing it anyway.

Okay, I understand you, I don't bother that much either but I think it's sad that more people run Thorog than get into TOO. Fewer people to play with.

But yeah yeah, let's see where all this leads. I'm glad there are BIS items to get inside the new cluster at least so there will probably be plenty of people doing it anyway.
    It's one of the best clusters to ever grace Middle Earth, so I would certainly hope so too. I've just got to make my SA Li's and get a couple more pieces of bling sorted, then I'm ready to head on in. I'll run things the same wasy I always run things - in the right order, t1's first, then the harder stuff. I hope I don't hit any disappointing blockades like I did in BG though, but I doubt that will happen as the Isen cluster was always the best for unique rewards IMO and they are in specific chests, so there shouldn't be any single boss farms (as in, not full completions of the raid I mean). I'll run it just for the cosmetic value of the armour pieces even, because they are some of the best ever too.

If this cluster doesn't prove popular, then the LS has had it. If this can't do it, the Erebor cluster is never going to cut it. If we're ever going to see mindless farms, BfE will be it, just like it was back in the day. Starblossoms, sunbrands and the other two that I can't remember the name of abound.

There will always be more people in Thorog than the latest most relevant raid. More people like speed and ease over hard and slow content. It's just a fact of life. Some are hares, some are tortoises. I'm in the slow camp, I'd rather boil my own head than farm Thorog - for anything. They could put a lifetime code in there and I still wouldn't farm it.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Sep 11 2019 at 05:49 PM.

It's one of the best clusters to ever grace Middle Earth, so I would certainly hope so too. I've just got to make my SA Li's and get a couple more pieces of bling sorted, then I'm ready to head on in. I'll run things the same wasy I always run things - in the right order, t1's first, then the harder stuff. I hope I don't hit any disappointing blockades like I did in BG though, but I doubt that will happen as the Isen cluster was always the best for unique rewards IMO and they are in specific chests, so there shouldn't be any single boss farms (as in, not full completions of the raid I mean). I'll run it just for the cosmetic value of the armour pieces even, because they are some of the best ever too.

If this cluster doesn't prove popular, then the LS has had it. If this can't do it, the Erebor cluster is never going to cut it. If we're ever going to see mindless farms, BfE will be it, just like it was back in the day. Starblossoms, sunbrands and the other two that I can't remember the name of abound.

There will always be more people in Thorog than the latest most relevant raid. More people like speed and ease over hard and slow content. It's just a fact of life. Some are hares, some are tortoises. I'm in the slow camp, I'd rather boil my own head than farm Thorog - for anything. They could put a lifetime code in there and I still wouldn't farm it.
    HAHA! Same with me, I just get a second age and fix the FA inside TOO. Have not done Isengard raids or instances since it was released I think, so it will be interesting for sure. The way the drops are spread out with unique stuff is cool, too bad they don't do that stuff for the 120 cap.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Sep 11 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuku View Post
    I remember people in world chat saying that they were changing Thorog farms to where you wouldn't get any/as many marks/medallions anymore (around the last update i think). Is that true? I don't see many Thorog runs now, I used to see them all the time though.
    Mhh what time you play.
    Yesterday was raid that starts around 21:30 and ends 2:30 German timeszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Chicken View Post
    I think Thorog only drops them rarely. A bigger issue with 1st Age symbols is that because of the bug on the first day launch, there are more 1st Age symbols on Anor than there are players. People are probably only going to hoard them for a little while to make sure they're not punished, and then they'll start selling them on their freshly-made L6 Beornings so that nobody in the community knows who they are.
    Mhhh i read very often, what you wrote. I play on Anor and i do not see that many Item you tell about.
    I inspect some random Raiders. I do not even know who got the 2 Symbols the most Advertising Raid Kin got from Orthanc.
    I Think i know the most of the German Raiders on Anor, but do no see that Many Items you are telling about.

I know few that got one or two (from Thorog), but they are very few and i congratulate all, that get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Mhhh i read very often, what you wrote. I play on Anor and i do not see that many Item you tell about.
    I inspect some random Raiders. I do not even know who got the 2 Symbols the most Advertising Raid Kin got from Orthanc.
    I Think i know the most of the German Raiders on Anor, but do no see that Many Items you are telling about.

I know few that got one or two (from Thorog), but they are very few and i congratulate all, that get one.
    It's very easy to know who got what from where on inspection. When you complete ToO on t2, you can barter for raid gear, just look for that alongside the FA. That said, just because someone is sporting a FA, doesn't mean they got it from Thorog, or a skirm camp, they can just as easily buy it from a raider.

No, then only a small Elite would get access to it.
    Some would come on the market for the rich players.
    I can remember that also items got sold for real money. I think that would be not the good way.

With the small chance around 5% and some luck (one for the raid), as we had yesterday each player has a very small chance to get an option to own a BIS.
    I think the chance is around 5% and we did yesterday 5h of Raiding and get 4 Symbols. Even with a rolled 52 you had a chance to get one in that Night.
    The day before we get one in 2h. (The "we" is in that context me)

We all need marks and meds.
    I hate Dailies (of course if help friends and also randoms) but i go for reputation acceleraters. in addition i will, as all other too need them for Scrolls.
    I started yesterday Limklar and got kin today.
    I am very sure, that in former days there where no reputation for killing the inhabits here.
    I helped 3x the Introduction and did my own too.

Its a Mulitplayer game, what would be fit better as bring people together and have good night together?

Thorog is easy.
    Even for casuals and i do not use the word in a negative way.
    There are Raider and Hardcoregamer, that play many, many hours. And there are player that like also play from time to time.
    We all want to have fun and all would like to get nice items, if there is a true need or not.

The Gauntlet in OD was a problem.
    Here were not the option to balance the missing damage from one way or the other.
    If the way does not enough damage, then the raid will fail, before they reach the room.

To go and help friend, nice people, or even randoms and unknown guys too was an option to prepare more people to do nice raids.
    Even with 1st age items you will need the knowledge of the skills.
    Else the gauntlet were not a problem even in T1.

From my Point of View (as an Owner of Thorogs Symbols, it was my 52 that get the next one) i can also sleep well, if all other can buy it in skrimish camp.
    I would also have now enough marks and meds to buy me some more and i would do it if the option comes back.
    I like to have nice Items and on Belegaer i build 20 Halberds for my 75 Captain (with stone of T), with bad luck. (who needs one on Belegaer send me a line i have still some).
    The Game becomes for me not bad, if my wish setup is done. Other stop play if the get what they want. I like to play with others and doing stuff that all can join and participate will bring me a good day. OC i like more doing real raids, but the community is small. So i increase the number of potential players* for T2 and more.

(* Hunters please read the skills. Only having a 1st Age 75 Bow will not kill the mobs alone.)

No, then only a small Elite would get access to it.
    Some would come on the market for the rich players.
    I can remember that also items got sold for real money. I think that would be not the good way.
    TOO T1 is not only for hardcore players? What are you talking about.

It's very easy to know who got what from where on inspection. When you complete ToO on t2, you can barter for raid gear, just look for that alongside the FA. That said, just because someone is sporting a FA, doesn't mean they got it from Thorog, or a skirm camp, they can just as easily buy it from a raider.
    It's another thing I found out that I dont like very much. The raidgear is available by only completing too in T1.

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    Why does anyone even care about real progression on the legendary servers?

They are a copy of live. They are unbalanced. The classes and skills and items and trait trees are unbalanced.

Everyone should have known this from the start.
    Of course it was known since very start, I created a thread explaining the absurdity and nonsense of "Legendary" servers before they even launched. You have 99,99999% exact copy with same story,skills,classes and "restricted" zones, but in theory you have everything ,but one cannot access it. The point of balance, now the balance is shattered beyond repair, when you have class capable of soloing raid or slaughtering dozens of mobs alone.

A lot of them know they were filled with Nostaliga and a fool's hope. I will tell again, there is no point playing on Legendary from my point of view, too much damage has been damage and mistakes and logically why would you ,unless you came back to game having no characters on regular at all, because my Dear Orome I must repeat myself, what they offer you right now on Legendary can be done on Regular, hit the stone and you are fine. They should have been unique and different in certain way, but know it will only get worse and worse,Isengard felt rushed ,incomplete and you even have one Legendary reward , cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Of course it was known since very start, I created a thread explaining the absurdity and nonsense of "Legendary" servers before they even launched. You have 99,99999% exact copy with same story,skills,classes and "restricted" zones, but in theory you have everything ,but one cannot access it. The point of balance, now the balance is shattered beyond repair, when you have class capable of soloing raid or slaughtering dozens of mobs alone.

A lot of them know they were filled with Nostaliga and a fool's hope. I will tell again, there is no point playing on Legendary from my point of view, too much damage has been damage and mistakes and logically why would you ,unless you came back to game having no characters on regular at all, because my Dear Orome I must repeat myself, what they offer you right now on Legendary can be done on Regular, hit the stone and you are fine. They should have been unique and different in certain way, but know it will only get worse and worse,Isengard felt rushed ,incomplete and you even have one Legendary reward , cloak.
    Either way, the 120 cap isnt any better. Maybe you should do some ROI instances before you judge?

That's already started, saw it yesterday.

(* Hunters please read the skills. Only having a 1st Age 75 Bow will not kill the mobs alone.)
    It's not just hunters that are guilty of that, and not all hunters are guilty of it either.

Wait, what? Symbols are in t1? You knew this, before making all this fuss about them being in Thorog, or potentially in any other level cap raid?

It's another thing I found out that I dont like very much. The raidgear is available by only completing too in T1.
    It's been that way for a long time. T2 carries it's own rewards inside the raid. The same was in Erebor cluster when that was cap, but for symbols. Symbols could drop in the raids, but players could also get them at the skirmish camp as long as they had done all three raids on t1, which worked ok with a system of no guaranteed drops. Not sure how that will work now with them locking all skirm camp symbols until level 100. I can''t see there being many happy players around if they run the raids over and over and the symbols never drop.

That's already started, saw it yesterday.

It's not just hunters that are guilty of that, and not all hunters are guilty of it either.

Wait, what? Symbols are in t1? You knew this, before making all this fuss about them being in Thorog, or potentially in any other level cap raid?

It's been that way for a long time. T2 carries it's own rewards inside the raid. The same was in Erebor cluster when that was cap, but for symbols. Symbols could drop in the raids, but players could also get them at the skirmish camp as long as they had done all three raids on t1, which worked ok with a system of no guaranteed drops. Not sure how that will work now with them locking all skirm camp symbols until level 100. I can''t see there being many happy players around if they run the raids over and over and the symbols never drop.
    Yea I think they drop on t1 as well but not sure ? That's why I dont get the point of having them in thorog. And from what I understand too have locks. So having them available only in too would be better.

But in T1 you get the Armor option, but not Symbols of Elder King.
    At least that confirm yesterday some Raider.
    I had a small chance in T1 in mind, but that should be the T2 Box and the CM Box, that have one option and one sure Symbol.

In the past we did Lighting and Poison and use the rest of the Raidday for the Giants (Last try without CM).
    The Other Raid Day we try Burgoth and sometimes Saruman on the Top of the Stairs.

You have again IDs, so there will, as in the Past only one try per Week.
    That will lead to Hardcore Raider doing T2 (with cm maybe) and T1 for the Armor and then only few will do T1 again often - so i think, because you have only one try per week.

Their is no 5x T1 Run OD per week so everyone get the armor option.
    We will very fast starting building "elite" groups that start T2ing and others, that will not get help, because the Hardcoreraider will need the IDs for the Raidgroup.

I do not see often LLG for Orthanc. many are not 75, me also not. But 2nd day after realease ToO was fallen and even a clasp was offert to buy for 900g.
    Items a Random will not get, but he has at least the option to buy it from the "Elite".

And to be fair, we did Farming Lightning also for the Symbols. I think each Char of the Raid Crew was brought trough the Raid to getting the Options for more Symbols, so the T2cm group hat a better base. (We use SKS with the option to skip, so the DD could/will get them first).

When they revised Barad Guldur in 2012, Durchest on T1 was dropping FA Symbols. It lasted a bit longer than a month and then they 'fixed' it. People farmed that like crazy. Same again for the Battle of Erebor. Was dropping tons of those gems (Sunbrand, etc.) on T1 when it first came out, then fixed after a month or so.

This is not our first Rodeo.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

That is not new, that is the back then the same.

We did Thorog tonight and it looks like, that my luck is parted with others.
    We get tonight one Symbol. (As is posted it in world, as i did with the others too).

Yesterday we do not get one, but we did only 5 tries.
    The day (after the update) before friends of me try 2h and get none.

So i can again confirm, that they drop - join the farmtrain and have fun with us :-)
    Last edited by Laubgaenger; Sep 13 2019 at 08:21 PM.

People all around the world, Join in. Join the Farm Train. Farm Train.

Why the debate when the gear is obsolete. I mean do the content and have fun. Zero reason for debating on gear you will be throwing away. I mean really. At one time, It was a goal to attain when there were no more levels at a cap but knowing there will be, Makes it much less important.
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Thorog farms haven't really been a thing on Evernight lately. Instead, they are doing something extremely dumb - Prancing Pony seal farms. Guys, I have 27k seals. Do you know why I have so many? Because they are useless.
    People wouldn't wast time on a useless thing On end level, one realize that seals are not dropping everywhere, and we need loads for essence removal scrolls. My guess is you have a stash from old days, like myself, but many people are running low on them at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2