We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Oof, comparing a leisure entertainment product to a life neccessity? I hurt for your addiction.

I bolded and underlined a sentence in the above post, for emphasis. I'll just leave it there like that, that whole post proves my earlier observation.
    I don't really care what it "proves" to you, as you're going to believe what ever you want to believe. But please don't speak for others in regards to them having no right or privilege to give feedback about the condition of Legendary Servers just because they keep paying for their subs. That's the nonsense you're spreading, and I offered an analogy to give you a different viewpoint.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    I don't really care what it "proves"
    Whether you care or not, Herwegur makes a valid point.

But please don't speak for others in regards to them having no right or privilege to give feedback about the condition of Legendary Servers just because they keep paying for their subs.
    This clearly wasn't his point at all. He did not say others had no right to voice their opinions - just that those opinions hold no weight when they come from someone who continues to pay for the service. Their words and their actions don't match.

I offered an analogy to give you a different viewpoint.
    It was a horrible analogy - a utility doesn't compare at all with an online computer game. A game is non essential, and there are literally thousands of alternatives.

Your problem here is that a more apt analogy (say a restaurant) won't work in your favour. Imagine I eat out at a particular restaurant every day. I complain about the food most days, but keep returning every day. Why would they take my complaints seriously when there are dozens of alternative restaurants but I keep coming back to theirs?

I happen to agree with this. When I started to play back when it opened I didn't expect my real life to come in the way of my game play....however it did. As a result I ended up not moving forward because i was so far behind. The content release is in my opinion is only good if you play all the time. A slower release date would in my experence have been better. What is the reason to stait replay the experence agian if olny you had a few months in each update to do so? The release date timeline did not take in to account for real life of the casual player. As a result i don't plan on going back to the legenday servers to try and play catch up. I will continue to play on the reg. servers. SSG did not plan this out well at all. 2 updates a year would have in my opinion been much better. The server would have gotten in line with each other just at a slower pace and that would not have been a bad thing at all.

Given that Isengard is an expansion and not included with VIP, this could simply boil down to SSG wanting people who don't have it to buy it.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Appreciate the feedback. I wanted to let you all know that Rohan is not planned until 2020. You are correct to point out that the last 2 releases, Mirkwood and Isengard were not in line with the original advertised timeline. I have seen some rumblings about Rohan's release, so to reiterate, Rohan will not come until 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerlthorn View Post
    I am almost sure all player here have a sub and play LS and still love the game. Stockholm Syndrome i am here.

I mean you have no credibility and all yours complain are joke. SSG will never change until player stop spend money and game crash for ever. Hard fact to admit.

EDIT : Oddly i don't see Arnenna posting here.
    Why do you find that odd?

I don't post here because, I don't really have an opinion either way in favour or against the OP.

Yes, I resubbed for Isen, after unsubbing earlier because of the state of the game at level 120. I will unsub again, once I've played out my favourite content of the game - unless things change at level 120 or whatever level comes with MM. Not that that is anyone's business but my own. My money, my choice and all the pressure in the world to stop paying, or stop complaining doesn't wash with me. As far as I'm concerned, people who don't pay, have less reason to complain, because they aren't actually losing anything. To go back to the RL analogy given about electricity. If I get it for free, then I have very little right to complain about it if it doesn't work properly. People still will though . . . as can be seen everywhere on the forums, including from myself when I'm not actively subbed. It's when I'm subbed though, that I will shout just a little bit louder, because it's when I'm paying for the service, my opinions count the most.

Has Isen arrived too early without enough notice? Probably yes, for a lot of players, hence, let them get on with raising their concerns about it in the hope that SSG will read their comments and give them consideration. I don't really have any opinion on that. Sure, more notice would have been good, but there are more pressing issues in the game at level cap (live) which are my reasons for unsubbing or making things heard on a game forum. Watching where others go and what they do out here though, is not one of my priorities. That kinda makes Stockholm Syndrome seem very trivial.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Sep 13 2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I can't help thinking they have lost the guy who does the metrics and they are just relying on Arnenna's current sub to gauge the new release content schedule.

You can call your self "influencer" now...

I imagine you are equally appalled by that term
    If your intellect can't fathom my reasoning it's me who's unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    I can't help thinking they have lost the guy who does the metrics and they are just relying on Arnenna's current sub to gauge the new release content schedule.

You can call your self "influencer" now...

I imagine you are equally appalled by that term
    Haha, wouldn't that be something. Things would change quite a bit if I had that kind of power, I can tell you. But no, I'm not appalled. I find it quite amusing that I'm missed in a thread. Unusual and a little bit strange, but amusing none-the-less.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. I wanted to let you all know that Rohan is not planned until 2020. You are correct to point out that the last 2 releases, Mirkwood and Isengard were not in line with the original advertised timeline. I have seen some rumblings about Rohan's release, so to reiterate, Rohan will not come until 2020.
    Thank you! I never ran RoI and Great River endgame on level originally, so I'm looking forward to taking my time with it this time around.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Thank you. A bit of good news today.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

I hope they have memories of the time that many went into the South and delay for some time longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemond71 View Post
    Whether you care or not, Herwegur makes a valid point.

This clearly wasn't his point at all. He did not say others had no right to voice their opinions - just that those opinions hold no weight when they come from someone who continues to pay for the service. Their words and their actions don't match.

It was a horrible analogy - a utility doesn't compare at all with an online computer game. A game is non essential, and there are literally thousands of alternatives.

Your problem here is that a more apt analogy (say a restaurant) won't work in your favour. Imagine I eat out at a particular restaurant every day. I complain about the food most days, but keep returning every day. Why would they take my complaints seriously when there are dozens of alternative restaurants but I keep coming back to theirs?
    What if you are a restaurant critic with an online blog. You have some weird tastes and the Restaurant management feels the pressure to cater to your needs for favourable reviews. All other critics have long since written off their culinary offerings only "The Fat Duck" name has gotten them any covers for years.

Do they continue making Teriyaki Burgers dripping in fat or maybe get in Gordon Ramsay who might turn it around?

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate you reading my post. Am I able to be a bit persistant and ask you, what date in 2020? The current trend appears to be, announce one day and release the next. Yes we now know that you aren't planning to release Rohan until 2020, which means it's likely closer to the 4 months as advertised (thank you), but can we know more so we can plan around it? Can you simply set the date now and tell us? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Thymir View Post
    3) Communicate to your player base
    What-what-WHAAT!?

Communicating? Do you mean, like, actually talking to them, having a two-sided conversation? Ask them questions and listen to what they have to say? Actually relying on that feedback to decide where to steer the game to? Providing clear and responsible answers within adequate and generally polite timeframe? We kinda never thought that was an option... And why do we need playerbase opinion anyway? We're the developers, we've created that s~~~, we obviously know better what we're doing, can you even write a "Hello world"? People keep playing, point proven, suck it!

What do you mean "other developers do that"?

I'm sorry friend, I know this is exactly what you didn't want. But I've been here for a loooong time. "Constructive" and "Turbine"/"SSG" exist in parallel dimensions. These guys barely give a c~~~. Otherwise they would've tried not to repeat their mistakes at the very least.
    Last edited by ENDrain; Sep 14 2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

So it seems like RoI didn't bring much of a population boost. Maybe it really is time to merge, despite the drawbacks. Even combined, the two servers would be less populated than an average Live server.

Maybe give a shorter window for name claims, given the accelerated pace of the LS? If someone hasn't logged in 4 months, let the person on the incoming server have the name in case of collision?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Chicken View Post
    So it seems like RoI didn't bring much of a population boost. . . .
    It has near tripled the pop on Anor at the times I have looked - from 98 to 280.

However, not being considered re: population is that numbers of players have characters on main servers and only play Anor for server firsts when new instances are released - and that many/most of these stated they planned to stop doing this after Isengard. Some decent amount of the boom/bust in population is attributable to this group who boost to cap and are running instances on day 1 of new releases then return to main servers because they always planned to leave as soon as they achieved their goals.

Rushing releases and use Stream as the medium for notice of impending releases conveys that SSG prioritizes the needs of end gamers over average players. There have been multiple threads and references in other threads to both pace and failures to give notice for 3 months - it seems it takes the leader of what is likely the largest kin on Anor to get response at all. I appreciate Red Panda's response, but so many of we average players have returned to the main servers or quit game altogether due solely to these two unaddressed issues that I fear it has come too late. Post Rohan population will tell the tale . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Chicken View Post
    So it seems like RoI didn't bring much of a population boost. Maybe it really is time to merge, despite the drawbacks. Even combined, the two servers would be less populated than an average Live server.

Maybe give a shorter window for name claims, given the accelerated pace of the LS? If someone hasn't logged in 4 months, let the person on the incoming server have the name in case of collision?
    It was 380 non-anon on Anor yesterday, so i would say its slightly improved. Since we have a lot to do now on the endgame side of things it will be interesting to see if the population remains steady.

Ironically Moria and SoM of all expansions have had the enormous amount of content in regards of story,lore and sheer amount of instances Moria was a "High queen" of instances,with SoM as Princess. Isengard as usual is overrated coming from modern generation of players has less quality and far less content to offer and SoM duration was below three months which was incredible considering two classic raids. Its far too late now. Moria should have been 5 and Som about 4,5 months at least. It matters not now if Rohan will be released in 2020 few months more or less. Legendary servers were a poor attempt,Sorry and I am being kind with my response.

You were listening to wrong players sadly,while the feedback is mostly accurate,well written and has logic behind it came too late and you were slow and ineffective plus rushed with overall Legendary release and performance , overall score

4/10 Poor. +1 Bonus for Nostalgia make it 3 as minimum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3