We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Video desktop display corruption after game launch

I'm looking for some guidance. I've been struggling with an odd behaviour with LOTRO since August 31st where my Windows environment turns to a bluish limited range colour display after running the game. When I was playing on August 26 or 27th, everything returned to normal after exiting the game as always.If I run with DX10 or the 64 bit processor option, this issue occurs during the game as well. Otherwise the game plays normal. All other games run fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent drivers which does not help. I was wondering if there was an update that caused this as it's only happening when I run LOTRO.When I exit LOTRO now, I have to restart my computer to use it normally.
    Valisar Dragonclaw, Guardian of Mirkwood Braelin Vir, Minstrel of Rivendell
    Spur,
    Burglar of the Harfoots Prong, Warden of the Harfoots
    Eodan, Hunter of Rohan

I don't think there have been any game updates between those dates. Nothing shows in the Dev Tracker. The servers were down on the 30th but that was just maintenance.

Same problem

My computer does the same thing. Blue unreadable craziness outside of the game. The screen stays the same blue after the game is closed. I took screenshots to post but they look normal now! Any hints? Thanks, Sam
    I visited Middle Earth and all I got was this lousy blackened filth...

If you have a laptop that has both a CPU with builtin GPU and also a separate mobile graphics chip (nVIDIA) then you need to make sure to use the nVIDIA control panel to force the client to use the nVIDIA Chip.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheGoof View Post
    My computer does the same thing. Blue unreadable craziness outside of the game. The screen stays the same blue after the game is closed. I took screenshots to post but they look normal now! Any hints? Thanks, Sam
    That’s the exact problem I have too. If I switch LOTRO to windowed mode, I can use my desktop normally. As soon as I exit the game, it’s corrupt. It’s a regular desktop computer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfA5iGEGeYaoNwKg6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwNQTZfgtGZZo2pH8
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XhaXxMFCuRxzobt4A
    Valisar Dragonclaw, Guardian of Mirkwood Braelin Vir, Minstrel of Rivendell
    Spur,
    Burglar of the Harfoots Prong, Warden of the Harfoots
    Eodan, Hunter of Rohan