We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problem with launching?

I have been playing about 4 months now and have never had log in issues. Played fine yesterday after the patch without issues. This morning I keep getting an error trying to log in.

Tried rebooting my computer, Tried many times to log in with multiple accounts and I keep receiving the same error. Failed to launch client, Failed to read authentication response (error:error unexpected end of file[line one][column 1].

Tried deleting my files thinking it is a error in the launcher and it happens with the new files.

Can you tell me how to fix?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Calyste View Post
    I have been playing about 4 months now and have never had log in issues. Played fine yesterday after the patch without issues. This morning I keep getting an error trying to log in.

Tried rebooting my computer, Tried many times to log in with multiple accounts and I keep receiving the same error. Failed to launch client, Failed to read authentication response (error:error unexpected end of file[line one][column 1].

Tried deleting my files thinking it is a error in the launcher and it happens with the new files.

Thanks!
    I'm having this problem as well. I came to the forum to see if others are having the same issue. Looks like there is maint today, so it will probably be up after 12.

Having Same issue

Something about Failed to launch and Col 1 Line 1

Need help

MAY YOU FIND FORTUNE AND GOODWILL IN ALL YOUR LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Calyste View Post

Thanks!
    I've been playing for about 7 years, never had an issue logging in -but I'm getting the same error when I try to log in today. Is there something I can do to correct/fix? Thanks.

Servers are currently down for an update, probably related to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwarhorse View Post
    Something about Failed to launch and Col 1 Line 1

Need help
    I am getting it on two different computers that have seperate accounts. Different logins, passwords even servers. So it can't be a file issue on my side.

Have a read of Cordovan's post here and all will be explained: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...78#post7954078

As others have said, the game is currently down for an update. No it wasn't mentioned in the launcher as it should have been, and yes the post on the forums came after the majority of us Europeans would have been asleep but there you have it.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwarhorse View Post
    I am getting it on two different computers that have seperate accounts. Different logins, passwords even servers. So it can't be a file issue on my side.

Thank You

Oldwar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirillin View Post
    Have a read of Cordovan's post here and all will be explained: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...78#post7954078

As others have said, the game is currently down for an update. No it wasn't mentioned in the launcher as it should have been, and yes the post on the forums came after the majority of us Europeans would have been asleep but there you have it.
    I do have a published message in the launcher, and put it up yesterday early evening (as soon as we were "go" enough to message).
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

lotro failed to read authentication response err unexpected end of file line 1 col 1

Are the servers offline or am I having a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I do have a published message in the launcher, and put it up yesterday early evening (as soon as we were "go" enough to message).
    I saw your post yesterday, so knew the servers would be down, but all I see in the launcher at the moment is the patch notes link*. Which, people could probably use to breadcrumb their way back to the downtime, but it may be one of the explanations for the confusion. Maybe it was there and removed for some reason?

In general, there seems to be messaging inconsistency when it comes to where and how news is distributed. Sometimes it is in a post, sometimes the launcher, sometimes both, sometimes neither. And sometimes it is only distributed through a livestream and other players have to pass along the info from there.

I am sure all of this is due to how much work is going on at the time and how many other things take precedence, but I have been around long enough to see the ups and downs of communication and the number of times it has been said that there will be an effort to be better and more consistent with how things are done. For the most part things are fine, but downtime still seems to catch a good number of players by surprise one way or another.

*Edit: scratch that, the patch notes in the launcher are from the last one, not the current.