We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Intro Instance "Skorgrim's Tomb" bugged. I'm losing my mind.

I've returned to LOTRO after a couple years of inactivity, and today I decided to roll a new elf mini, cause I just got into the music system and I needed an additional account for the band.

Besides the fact that I'm stupid and I forgot to skip the tutorial, I did the intro, and now I'm in the final instance. I witnessed Ivar resurrect Skorgrim, and as I approached Elladan and Elrohir, I aggroed one of the two wights that the elves are supposed to oneshot as we get closer. No big deal, I killed it with the two dwarves' help, and then we approached the elves. That's when the bug happened, and now I'm stuck here, in a loop where the two wights keep respawning and the 4 npcs keep killing them, but there's no advancement (the elves are supposed to open the door so we can run).
    I'm not sure if it was the mob aggro that sent the instance into a loop, or if it just randomly happened.

It's getting frustrating. I've sent a ticket but I just found out the mail I used to create this new account (one of the few that I only use for new, side accounts purposes) has a domain that is not supported by Microsoft anymore, which means the account is gone. I can only hope someone logs now that I'm sitting here, waiting, and helps me. Though I think my best bet would be to just abandon the account and to make a new one. But I'm stubborn. I wish to at least let them know that this might happen to other people as well.

Wouldn't it be useful if, upon registration, we would get a mail to confirm the account creation, and only then be able to log in in the game? Cause this stuff is stupid. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Has this bug happened to you? Did you solve it? Logging out the character and logging off the game doesn't do anything.

Never had this issue before, last time i ran a dwarf through to try out a class the only thing that happened was Nos Grimsong got stuck on a rock, your issue sounds different might be a bug to report? or try again a few more times and see what happens then report.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTelperion View Post
    Besides the fact that I'm stupid and I forgot to skip the tutorial, I did the intro, and now I'm in the final instance. I witnessed Ivar resurrect Skorgrim, and as I approached Elladan and Elrohir, I aggroed one of the two wights that the elves are supposed to oneshot as we get closer. No big deal, I killed it with the two dwarves' help, and then we approached the elves. That's when the bug happened, and now I'm stuck here, in a loop where the two wights keep respawning and the 4 npcs keep killing them, but there's no advancement (the elves are supposed to open the door so we can run).
    If you do not let the elves kill the wights as they are supposed to, the script breaks.
    Been there, done that, and ever since it happened to me I have been very careful about letting the elves handle those wights. It has been a while, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I do know that eventually I managed to get the instance to reset so I could do it all over from the start.

If you can leave the instance in some way do so, and then log out and wait until the instance has reset. I don't remember how long that takes - a few hours I think.
    To leave the instance you can probably just right-click on your portrait in the game and choose "Leave instance".

Or - you could just delete the character, recreate it, and start over. It is not like you have spent all that much time on that character yet.

Perhaps better solution than waiting for hours for a reset or deleting the character.

Leave the dungeon as already suggested and cancel the quest. Wait a few minutes and retake the quest. That usually resets the dungeon I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Perhaps better solution than waiting for hours for a reset or deleting the character.

Leave the dungeon as already suggested and cancel the quest. Wait a few minutes and retake the quest. That usually resets the dungeon I believe.
    I don't think you can cancel that quest, due to it being part of the Epic. Otherwise that would be a good idea.