We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any experienced raiders willing to run Throne?

Hi,

For some weeks now I have been trying to run Throne T2C, mainly to get a "Reclaimed Pelennor Defender's Gear" to buy the 45K PM cappy standard from MT. I went through it fine on T1, but every group I have joined since, even full groups of level 120 players, die at the mumaks.

If any groups would be willing to run the raid with me who are familiar with it and can show me the tactics needed in action, please let me know and I would be very grateful I am playing captain, am level 114-115 and can run red or yellow line and follow instructions . I also don’t have an active kin at the moment, so would love to find one to join up with.

Oh - I am on Laurelin.

Cheers in advance!
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Aug 14 2019 at 05:07 PM.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Wow. Fifth day and no replies. I feel rejected

Nobody able to run it?
    Nobody willing to run it?
    Am I just Billy no mates?

To be clear, I am not looking I be carried. I know my class, have decent gear for level 115 and can pull my own weight, just looking for some guidance/assistance.

I am also interested in joining a kinship that organises instance/raid runs if anyone is recruiting - one that is active and fun but not too serious.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Wow. Fifth day and no replies. I feel rejected

Nobody able to run it?
    Nobody willing to run it?
    Very sad to hear that you haven't found group for T2C Throne runs. My bet is that those who can run, are not that willing to do that, and even if they would, it could be difficult to get the old parties up and running. At the times Throne was end game, on Laurelin I think there were only three raid alliances (Bandits, Innocence and Slugs) running it weekly, and I could guess that none of them run Throne anymore.
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

It’s not so much that people aren’t willing; in-game there have been a few PUGs recently, but they always seem to flop at the mumaks unless we’re running T1.

There are two things that seem to be an issue:

1. It’s hard to find a good tank
    2. People understanding and executing the strategy

I can understand why people would rather put time into running end-game raids, but there is still some brilliant gear on offer, like the gold standard I mentioned in my OP, that eclipses even the Ironfold standard for offensive stats. Not to mention the armour is awesome just for cosmetic purposes, and the raid is really fun! It would just be great if someone who has done it successfully before would help us out. After all, it was originally run at level 105, so it ought to be straightforward with 12 players 10 or 15 levels higher.

There are a fair few folks that are more than willing, and the same half a dozen or so of us seem to be coming together in the group each time. We could just do with some experienced help to guide us through it, that’s all.

Anyone out there? Let’s talk

To find kinship, look on the serverchat or the server area.

The Mumaks or the gauntlet (the way to ID3) were the problem.
    T2 on ID 4 not many did on level.

Mumaks.
    You have to form 3 groups to play it save.
    Its late, but i had i mind that Dadi had some picktures on the guideside to show the running ways of the mumaks.

left on the hill or in front of the entrance first group fight (bring down add waves and mumak) look for % i have not in mind. pick one mumak

2nd group is far right.
    2 Tanks in common Guadian and Captain (singletarget taunt shout) LM Debuff and Stun immunity on Guardian, Healer for the 3(4).
    Guard picks all, and Captain takes over the halftrolls.
    Problem becomes when the Mumak dies the trolls get a damagebuff and falling below 50% moral becomes special prey. on tanks the enemies are allready near, else hurry up with healing.

3rd group tanks at the start 2 mumaks Tank and Healer (we did it often with captain and RK as healer) Try it also with Warden, but does to much damage.

Important was that the mumaks does not drop waves as the run to an other tank.

2nd problem was that the real fight starts in the last phase.
    concentration over the long way was to keep.
    and for the CM non is allowed to get killed by the Mumaks.

It is a long fight and with bursting damage and dots you get fast the add waves.

as i wrote i had the % not in mind. but kill the mumak first, that does not show the eye on the prey.

Add me on discord: SotaMursu#7066

Quote Originally Posted by SotaMursu View Post
    Add me on discord: SotaMursu#7066
    Thanks for the invitation, but I don’t use voice chat - I can message you on there - is that OK?

Thanks for the invitation, but I don’t use voice chat - I can message you on there - is that OK?
    That's fine.

It’s not so much that people aren’t willing; in-game there have been a few PUGs recently, but they always seem to flop at the mumaks unless we’re running T1.

There are two things that seem to be an issue:

1. It’s hard to find a good tank
    2. People understanding and executing the strategy

Anyone out there? Let’s talk
    My advice for safety first mumak runs: put 1 hunter on the mumak, and NOBODY ELSE dpses. You can then time the add waves AOE precisely. You also need a good LM (or even two!) and two tanks, one for main mumak and one for south reinforcements. The far side mumak can be kited by a sufficiently tough non-tank class - yellow bear is perfect, let alone warden or perhaps blue capt with traited grave wound taunt. Once one mumak dies it gets a whole lot easier.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    At the times Throne was end game, on Laurelin I think there were only three raid alliances (Bandits, Innocence and Slugs) running it weekly, and I could guess that none of them run Throne anymore.
    Unwanted does informal weekly Throne runs now.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Unwanted does informal weekly Throne runs now.
    Who are they and how would I get in touch?

Who are they and how would I get in touch?
    https://unwanted-alliance.shivtr.com/ Apply there - talk to one of the officers.

The Mumaks aren't that difficult

Make one of your RKs a third healer, 1 Tank grabs 2 Mumaks and kites them in the back..they shouldn't need heals

Your other Tank (preferably a Guard) grabs the third mumak and any adds that come to the group or spawn there

Burst down the mumak, then kill all adds with aoe..taunt the 2nd mumak to the group and repeat, then the 3rd

Yes, on level strategies were much more complex but currently it's enough to move out of circles and have the adds attack a Tank rather than a healer

Let me just say thank you to the brilliant group that ran this with me last night (and early this morning ). We breezed through the first couple of fights, including the mumakil, in no time, making me wonder what all the fuss was about!

Special thanks to the raid leader and tank, two guys from Revival who did an amazing job. I won’t give player names as I don’t know if they would want me to, but if you read this, you guys were great!

So... I am very pleased, having now earned the full set of Gondor plate for my character’s outfit (been wanting this for ages) and enough coins for six star-lits. A great haul. Unfortunately I didn’t win any of the rolls for the class item, so will have to go again to try and win the standard . But hey, I can’t expect to do everything at once, can I?

All in all, a great run and I couldn’t ask for better. Fun group, nice people, great run.

Thanks also to all those that replied to this thread and have been chatting to me outside of it too. This forum community, and the server community, is awesome.