We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lootbox/Ember gear now BiS outside of raid

So, looking at the new barter-able gear in the Vales, which is ilvl 376. It is lower in stats than the old ilvl 376 items that were available at the Ember NPC, or in lootboxes. Now that the latter has been updated to ilvl 380, this makes the gear inside lootboxes or at Ember NPC, very OP in comparison to items earned by playing the game. Also, it is higher in stat than gear obtained in instances at t2.

This is a horrid trend.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

T5 loot is 386+? Isn't it, if yes 380 for Ember gear is fine, in my opinion.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

The Elf Coins get you account bound 376 earrings and some armour. Ok for parked alts I suppose or levelling alts arrival but the bind to char Embers Gear now at 380+ has some recycling potential at 400 Embers - that is if you manage to "Ember" it before the Expac comes and means you'd "Mote" it instead. I can see that thread in my mind already.

Is it the Reclamation Scrolls and Solvent sales where the business is atm? Keys and Store Scrolls are just for the uninitiated.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    T3 loot 384, and crafting shields 392...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    T3 loot 384, and crafting shields 392...
    The base Ilvl is 380 but it can also crit, so the ILVL from lootboxes is 380+

At the moment you can literally bypass all T1-T5 instance content and go straight into T2/T3 raiding ONLY from lootboxes... I'm sad to see what this game has become.

Yes, that's the point. Ember gear doesn't need to be 380. It definitely shouldn't be higher than the brand new barter loot added to the game today.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes, that's the point. Ember gear doesn't need to be 380. It definitely shouldn't be higher than the brand new barter loot added to the game today.
    The ember gear was always just a few levels behind the instance loot, with t5 instance rewarding 384 and the new instance rewarding 392 items, i think 380 is totally fine.
    You also have to keep in mind, that Embers are no loot box only currency, everyone has more embers then he can spend.
    Last edited by Gertes; Aug 13 2019 at 04:01 PM.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Why not? Think about it - any player who has been running EM dailies for a while has likely earned enough embers for all-around 376+ gear anyway. I am pretty much 100% solo, and not a single quest reward or barter in Vales has been an upgrade for me already. Yesterday's ember gear was already same or better than the barter stuff added today. And if you been playing it smart, you likely got some ember-bartered armor/jewelry coffers stashed.

The new barters, however, are great for up and coming players who are working through this content now. Between Longbeards/Woodmen/Beornings/Elf/Quest, they should be able to assemble a set of 376 blues within a couple of weeks, populating them with whatever useful landscape dropped essences, allowing them to get gear-wise on almost equal footing with old-timers, while they accumulate embers and shards for the jump to 380+ stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I got no illusions about SSG caring for up-and-coming folks. The real problem is 376 stuff was getting too easy to get via gameplay, making ember stuff largely unnecessary and killing key sales. Hence the bump.

Not that I'll be buying any keys anyway...

Since they increase difficulty for EM Instances and create new high end content gear (up to 392 level), it's just matter of time when they increase "casual" gear from 370/376 to 380

The ember gear was always just a few levels behind the instance loot, with t5 instance rewarding 384 and the new instance rewarding 392 items, i think 380 is totally fine.
    You also have to keep in mind, that Embers are no loot box only currency, everyone has more embers then he can spend.
    However with 4 active geared solo toons and a 10,000 cap they share I cannot barter the 15 or 16 gear pieces that each of them could upgrade now. 3,500 a piece so 21 full Ember bars required. Then I'm left with the thought of choosing yet another toon to park up like the 3 before it. Sadly it's looking like my main the Guardian. The call out for the new instance yesterday had an added proviso for the tank slot; a Guardian who won't fall asleep from the boredom. I passed

Now if the cap was 10,000 per capped toon it would be very different. Not alt friendly this game, yet the store offers me pages of character slots to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Since they increase difficulty for EM Instances and create new high end content gear (up to 392 level), it's just matter of time when they increase "casual" gear from 370/376 to 380
    You missed the 374 in that list as well as all the rare pulls in between that only reminded you of the failed pulls at the base item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    However with 4 active geared solo toons and a 10,000 cap they share I cannot barter the 15 or 16 gear pieces that each of them could upgrade now. 3,500 a piece so 21 full Ember bars required.
    You can barter for armor/jewellery coffers as you earn embers and keep those coffers in the vault. I had several coffers stashed, and now have like eight 380+ pieces equipped.