We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black Steel Keys

1.Black Steel Keys = Lotro Store for 195 LP each, or 5x for 900 LP way way way to much. Needs to be 1 key = 140 LP 5 keys 600 LP. Think of the keys like gasoline. When price around me when it was $3.15 is high no one drive to extra out of the way places Now when price drops $2.35 roads where pack with cars.) Drop price on keys and they will start to sell.

1A.ALSO GEAR DROP IN BOX NEED TO BE ACCOUNT BOUND I REPEAT ACCOUNT BOUND !!!!!!!!!!! Buy keys then opening on a Guardian and getting Lore master item is enough to get people hopping mad and then no one bothers with Boxes or keys any more. And yes i know you can use crystal to change unwanted gear but 90% of people would rather send gear to a character ( yes in lotro we have characters!! the pedophile WOW game has toons ). Till key price is lowered and gear is account bound i will not buy any more keys.

2. A skill to mount while moving would be nice to have as well say for around 500 LP per character.

3. 24 hour 1 item sales would another good idea.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    -- Yoda

Today I found a key in my bank. Opened Adventurer's Steelbound lootbox. One of the items I got was Legacy Replacement Scroll box. Character bound ofc. Can anyone tell me what lvl 116-120 character ( as its requirement to open those boxes) is supposed to do with a scroll which can be used only on unimbued legendary item? Cant imagine anyone who would need such scroll on that level. Not even mentioning those scrolls are VERY easy to get ingame with really no efford lol. If at least it was bound to account. But no. And it really doesn't make a difference that you get 65 legacies to choose from. If it was imbued legacy replacement it would be perfect drop.
    Another sad thing about it is that icon of that box looks like old Pick a mount box and feels like a cheat

I have never bought a black steel key for the price it is being sold at and I never will, especially in the current state that the lootbox system is in.
    Paying money for a 'chance' to get stuff that 'might' be beneficial to just one of my characters is not appealing, especially when most if not all of the stuff given from the lootboxes are character bound.
    The 3 free black steel keys I got on one or two new alts created only gave slightly nice cosmetic stuff. Even then it is totally random so I could end up with cosmetics that don't work.
    The black key lootbox system has brought nothing useful to the game other than a shallow cashgrab that makes horse cosmetics look generous.
    Adjust it to make it fairer or just remove it entirely and go back to a system where keys can be earned in game or dropped rarely. At least make it *worthwhile* to buy keys.
    -Askelin: 120 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    (Laurelin)

^Agreed, the cost really shouldn't matter. Don't support gambling unless you want the end game to be further ruined by gambling dictating the design. The broken promise for years now has been bringing back VIP as a very valuable alternative to microtransactions. But how many years can it take to throw in some extra lotro points and two new perks?

I don't buy keys just because I don't want this system of 200 currencies being rotated out each time a new one is invented to continue. And I don't like gambling as a concept or a business model. LoTRO is in a worse state than when WB ran it, if you show any inclination that you'll gamble you don't need to spend much time guessing what Minas Morgul will be like. If they think you'll tolerate it, they'll add a new kind of morgul ash and they'll put level 130 gear in lootboxes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    I have never bought a black steel key for the price it is being sold at and I never will, especially in the current state that the lootbox system is in.
    Paying money for a 'chance' to get stuff that 'might' be beneficial to just one of my characters is not appealing, especially when most if not all of the stuff given from the lootboxes are character bound.
    The 3 free black steel keys I got on one or two new alts created only gave slightly nice cosmetic stuff. Even then it is totally random so I could end up with cosmetics that don't work.
    The black key lootbox system has brought nothing useful to the game other than a shallow cashgrab that makes horse cosmetics look generous.
    Adjust it to make it fairer or just remove it entirely and go back to a system where keys can be earned in game or dropped rarely. At least make it *worthwhile* to buy keys.
    And yet, some people keep saying it doesn't affect our game if we do not like the system. "You don't have to open them if you don't like them, and if other people like them, it doesn't affect you", has been said too many times. They need to take some notes of the current situation, which is likely to go on into the future. There is no steed for normal barter in the Vales as we have had in former areas and expansions. They are behind the figment barter now and they are also randomly time restricted. Add to that, the opportunity to earn figments in game is also severely limited and the game has created a lootbox picnicking area. That affects us all, as most of us knew that is exactly what would happen.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 17 2019 at 05:53 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.