We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    That doesn't make any sense? You buy keys because there is no gear to craft and hope to get crafted gear back lol? Why would SSG bring the crafted gear back when you support them by buying the gear for real money instead?
    This is the crux of the problem. People cave in and buy loot box keys to keep up somewhat, and I am not a raider, I am way too nervous a person to do that kind of playing. I am here to play for fun and nothing else. Anything that makes me anxious or nervous I won't do ...I simply will not stress out over the game. So I am casual but I also want to be able to play some of the endgame material and I want decent gear too. Why would I want to be simply mediocre? Why would anyone? Yet, I am of a firm belief that the game should be able to be fully played and enjoyed casually especially if you pay for a subscription (I have right now three but am canceling two for sure, maybe the third but if I cancel the third I likely will just stop playing. So I think if we want to make SSG work this out right we almost have to stop buying the keys. And we all have to. Or at least many of us do, enough that they feel a pinch. So they get the idea enough is enough. If nobody buys the keys they will have to fix things. Make demands...nobody should purchase any of the keys at all unless they stop making the game so that even VIP players have shell out hundreds of dollars to have decent toons. That is just simply paying for a toon and that sucks. What pride does a thinking person take in that? I take none. Even though I play casually I like winning decent loot that is appropriate for my class (rather sick of opening loot boxes with a sword for my RK which I guess nobody much uses the loot but I have when my characters first get to cap and I also find it reprehensible that I must open so many loot boxes at such a high cost of real dollars in order to get enough Essences. I am not putting hundreds of dollars into an MMORPG when there are those out there now that I don't have to pay hundreds to play. I was willing to have a few VIP ACCTS (so I can multi-box but I don't do it in the moors I do it just kind of to RP amongst my toons as I am a solitary player. I am autistic and I am not a social person. I do instances but I don't hang with anyone much.) and I don't mind paying even $100 maybe every 4 or 5 or 6 months for LPs for whatever tickles my fancy. But lately been trying to keep up with buying keys which are way too high priced and that is simply a case of exploitation and finally, this month after I bought 5 more keys and got ###### loot boxes and not near enough essences I vowed, "Never again" and I mean it. I will be encouraging others to boycott them whenever and wherever I can. I do not believe in playing a game like this totally for free, I know some do and I am glad they can although I can't imagine what a chore it would be to do. I would never think of playing for free. I would consider finding a new game if things keep on the way they are., because I am not paying that much and if the pretty large amount I am willing to pay isn't enough I am going to move on to a game I can afford to play. I am a senior citizen on a limited budget, not poverty but pretty close, and many here are in the same boat. If my budget is not sufficient to play then this game is too costly.
    Live Simly that Others May Simply Live

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    That doesn't make any sense? You buy keys because there is no gear to craft and hope to get crafted gear back lol? Why would SSG bring the crafted gear back when you support them by buying the gear for real money instead?
    Crafted gear could simply be another choice of what the game already provides. Not the grind gear, not any of the box mote/ember/key gear, not the raid gear. Make it have it's own cosmetic!
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

The instance I paid for months ago finally comes out today and I feel the same way. If they made good end game content people wouldn't be gambling to avoid it. People shouldn't be gambling in video games period. Twelve years I've been here and this is the first time a brand new six man instance came out and my very first run just bored me me the whole way. Re-used assets. Sounds, textures, ideas, the whole thing is recycled. With no real relation to the main story of Middle-Earth.

Yeah the new instance is trash. They put very little effort in this at all, as far as coming out with something new and not recycling the watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    As I said to advance my characters and complete quests and deeds and to play the game, minus the raiding. I am a bit of a completionist getting kindred with all factions and doing all deeds when I can make time for it. Arnenna knows this, unless she forgot about Rumalth who struggles, on level, in the Misties.

You make no sense to players like me, I have grinded my way up from zero to above 100 on several characters without skipping levels, crafting, deeding and exploring this wonderful game all the way from Ered Luin to Mordor over well above 5 years and you want to tell me how I should play? I am sure there are room for improvements, but I will continue as I have so far and when not being able to craft or to get better gear any other reasonable way, I will P2W.
    I haven't forgotten In fact, knowing how you play, and how committed you are to ensuring self sufficiency and completion, it's you taking the shortcut option that was most surprising. I too play in completionist fashion, which for me, is all the more reason to "earn" everything. I've spent years making sure that my mains cover all there is to cover, so I'm not about to undo that with a store function an a click.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I've had enough too. SSG doesn't actually try to change the game experience for anyone in each update or add any depth to the game in any way, they just add tiers:

New tiers of legacies
    New tiers of loot box gear
    New tiers of essences
    New tiers of barter gear
    New tiers of whatever raid or instance they've released which for some reason they can't develop fully but have to develop it AS ITS BEING PLAYED LOL
    New tiers of loot locks, now there's favored, unfavored, favored and unfavored for t1, favored and unfavored for t2 (Is this even right? I don't even know)
    New tiers of instance tiers themselves, which now go up to TIER 5!
    Next they'll be adding new tiers to Minas Tierith!

TIERS ON TIERS ON TIERS

DID I MISS ANY?

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT TIER OF ENJOYMENT I'M ON .

TIER 0.

IN FACT THE ONLY TIER THEY HAVEN'T MANAGED TO INCREASE IS QUALITY.

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    Minas Tierith!
    Thanks for that nugget
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by badjuju View Post
    minas tierith!
    :d :d :d :d :d :d

Minas Tierith!

More like Plus Tierith
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Yes, I lol'ed.

The tiers are causing tears and heart muscle tears for most of us.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I've had enough too. SSG doesn't actually try to change the game experience for anyone in each update or add any depth to the game in any way, they just add tiers:

New tiers of legacies
    New tiers of loot box gear
    New tiers of essences
    New tiers of barter gear
    New tiers of whatever raid or instance they've released which for some reason they can't develop fully but have to develop it AS ITS BEING PLAYED LOL
    New tiers of loot locks, now there's favored, unfavored, favored and unfavored for t1, favored and unfavored for t2 (Is this even right? I don't even know)
    New tiers of instance tiers themselves, which now go up to TIER 5!

TIERS ON TIERS ON TIERS

DID I MISS ANY?

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT TIER OF ENJOYMENT I'M ON .

TIER 0.

IN FACT THE ONLY TIER THEY HAVEN'T MANAGED TO INCREASE IS QUALITY.
    Quality post, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Palenen View Post
    Crafted gear could simply be another choice of what the game already provides. Not the grind gear, not any of the box mote/ember/key gear, not the raid gear. Make it have it's own cosmetic!
    I really think the EPs ideas for crafting is to add the odd recipe that makes a barter piece obsolete a week or two before the barter piece gets another item level hike.

Even todays fashion industry is realising this throw away model is unsustainable and harms the world.

Feels like walking down the street and half a dozen peeps have their hands in my pockets. Luckily I'm free of the toll to walk that street. It pays to amble too.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3