We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stable At the Entrance to the Homesteads

Now that we have fast travel to the homesteads, it would be really really nice if we had the ability to turn to the cities with a stable outside the various homesteads
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

This absolutely needs to happen! (and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already)
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

It's something on my to-do list - once I get some breathing room. I really want to look at each region and revise the routes within it (both internally and externally). The Shire is first up on my list, though when I'll have the bandwidth for it is to be determined.

I'd like to see Stablemasters placed in the middle of the neighbourhoods near the other services which offer Fast Travel out to the major town hubs.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

I'd like to see some of the pre/post port routes on swift travel shortened a bit. Especially in places like Tinnudir, Sûri-kylä, and Esteldin.
    Jewahe

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    I'd like to see some of the pre/post port routes on swift travel shortened a bit. Especially in places like Tinnudir, Sûri-kylä, and Esteldin.
    AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

Tinnudir takes forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    ...The Shire is first up on my list ...
    Please make fast travel from Michel Delving to Hobbiton. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I'd like to see Stablemasters placed in the middle of the neighbourhoods near the other services which offer Fast Travel out to the major town hubs.
    That was suggested years ago, and if I remember right there were technical limitations since neighborhoods are public instances not landscape zones. That's also why you can't be summoned into or out of them by a Captain or summoning horn. Hopefully that's something they can fix in the future.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    That was suggested years ago, and if I remember right there were technical limitations since neighborhoods are public instances not landscape zones. That's also why you can't be summoned into or out of them by a Captain or summoning horn. Hopefully that's something they can fix in the future.
    Maybe...
    They could place Stable-masters outside the neighborhoods and...
    Give everyone a free Return-To skill that gets you to that particular Stable-master.

Nah, nevermind... I just had a vision of my character standing around shuffling bus-passes to find the right ones...
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

It's something on my to-do list - once I get some breathing room. I really want to look at each region and revise the routes within it (both internally and externally). The Shire is first up on my list, though when I'll have the bandwidth for it is to be determined.
    Excellent news. Looking forward to that.

...and /seconding the MD ---> Hobbiton fast-track.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    /signed and add Snowbourn to that list.
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

This is welcome news!

Please consider adding summoning horns outside homesteads, so people can invite/summon their friends to visit.

Lightbulb

Maybe this can be done, not with the stable command but with the port to visit house command. The devs could add 1 empty lot inside the neighborhoods & will not be available to buy, but only to use as public port. The visitors can access it from the same NPC UIs that sell premium houses.

The devs could mask that empty lot to make it look pretty, as corral or stable full of steed, a demo house decorated gondorian style, a public garden, or just a simple circle of stones. What matters is that there will be a way to port inside your friends neighborhoods to visit their houses, even when the neighborhood is all sold out.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Aug 15 2019 at 05:57 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I can see where this would be a problem for riding into a neighbourhood but I don't see why it would affect riding out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that stable masters are just another form of NPC, and thus they should be able to make a "Stable Master" housing item just like the Banker & Supplier items. Maybe make them large outdoor hook items that look like a small stable with stable NPC attached. Make it only swift travel (for anyone/any-account-type who uses item) & the graphic simply shows you mount up (going nowhere so as not to have to program EVERY house locations route of movement) & once mounted, Load Screen runs with end travel location movement as normal.

Maybe have routes to all the basic areas (Bree, Shire, Ered Luin), and maybe a few of the major travel locations (Dol Amroth, Dale, Camp-of-the-Host, Minith (Before & After battle), Mordor start zone, Moria (twenty-first hall), ect.

You could still require basic certs be met (Conquerer of the Watching Stones, Moria Intro, Mirk Intro, ect.) in order to travel to various high-level zones, but the Stable travel routes should not be restricted by account type except to Ettenmoores (if that travel point is available) so that even FTP visitors may make use of the item (this would also help to encourage players to visit the neighborhoods more often)

Anyway - just a thought...
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I bet that wouldn't work, and I'll tell you why I think so. There are, what, 124 instances in each neighborhood? If you take the horse from the nearest town to the homestead gate, or if you just ride or run up to it, you are greeted by a window that asks you which instance you want to enter. I suspect that in order to provide a stablemaster inside each instance, let's see, that's 4 x 124 = 496, and I don't know how many instances there are in Belfalas. I submit that the system won't handle 496-plus additional, separate stablemasters.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

If you could only travel out then I don't think it matters how many neighbourhoods there are since there's only one South Bree for example. If you wanted to be able to ride in to the neighbourhoods then you would need to be able to define which specific neighbourhood you wanted to go to.

At some point how hubs that cross regions work needs to be considered as well. Sometimes trying to figure out how to get to other places you haven't been too in a long time is difficult. It would be nice if you could travel to all the major hubs from all the other major hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    At some point how hubs that cross regions work needs to be considered as well. Sometimes trying to figure out how to get to other places you haven't been too in a long time is difficult. It would be nice if you could travel to all the major hubs from all the other major hubs.
    This is another thing on my To-Do list. And part of why the "Far-Ranging" Stable Master was introduced in Hultvis in the Vales of Anduin - as an indicator of a stable-master that has routes that send players outside of the current and adjacent regions.

Retrofitting and reworking all the routes, region-by-region will be a lot of time consuming work. The most likely outcome will be trying to get one region done at a time - but again, that is as time is available to do so.

Lightbulb

This is another thing on my To-Do list. And part of why the "Far-Ranging" Stable Master was introduced in Hultvis in the Vales of Anduin - as an indicator of a stable-master that has routes that send players outside of the current and adjacent regions.
    You misspelled Hultvís.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others