We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How many Promo points per level?

Today after all these years I was finally able to complete Helm's Deep solo. This time I didn't try for any of the side quests. I used both the catapult and the ballista until I didn't need to anymore. I lost the horses and got 70% damage to the main gate. Still I killed enough orcs to be successful. Now I find out I have to do even more if I want to continue working on the book.

I have a few points but am unable to find out how many points I need to be at a level. I don't think I am even at a level 1 yet, and here I was so happy with myself for finishing this BB.
    I dance for cookies!

Promo points are awarded for medal completions not earned yet. Means for any given sidequest or battle overall, you can get a max of 4 points ONCE.
    I.e. say you save enough horses to get silver, you get 2 points. You will no longer get any points for other silver completions. If you score a perfect platinum you will get 2 more points and thats it.

Solo/duo helms dike has the overall and 6 potential side missions, so absolute maximum one can get here is 28 points. 6-man version is on separate scale, so another potential 28.

Like with the normal trait trees, you need to put five clicks into the tree before you can move up to the next tier, in this case rank 1. However, with the EB traits, each rank you put into an individual trait costs more than the last, so the cheapest way to rank up the tree is to spread your points evenly across the available traits at the lowest cost possible. I think that means having one trait at 2/5 and the other at 3/5 on the first tier, if I remember correctly without having the tree in front of me.

Best way to get a few points in the bag is to run the solo versions as a duo (same difficulty level and rewards, but with an extra pair of hands to help). Doing these will also unlock the group versions of the Rohan instances. Also, look out for people running the Gondor epic battles in chat - Pelargir is the most common. Hitch onto a couple of these runs to collect some points to build up your stash before you go back and try and do the instances as part of the epic quest line. It really does make it easier (and when you get to Pelargir/Minas Tirith/Hammer of the Underworld later on in the epic, you won’t need to run it again at that point, the quest will just automatically advance for you).

If you’re on Laurelin, let me know and I’ll be happy to run you through a couple of duo battles to help you rank up a bit (I’m rank 6 engineer and officer). If not, try putting a LFF request out on your server saying you’d like to do some duo EBs to learn the ropes, and I’m sure someone will help you out. Everyone’s been there and usually don’t mind, unless they are the annoying sweats who won’t do a run unless they can guarantee platinum every time.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Thanks for answering my question. It looks like I have my work cut out for me trying to get to rank 3 of Engineer.
    I dance for cookies!

Gratz on getting Helms Dike done
    Once you get that one out of the way, the rest of the EBs are lot more accessible and do not require you to be a rank 3 engineer to complete them

Can i suggest you pop into Defence of Minas Tirith and Hammer of Underworld. Both are very doable solo - in fact in DMT you could enter and go AFK for the battle and still complete it.

Hammer is pretty much the same if you use the catapaults on the tower to take out 2 incoming enemy machines during the battle.

Dont be be shy about joining a pelargir run being called on world chat. Just let the leader know you are just rank 1.

Complete these 2 and you will be close to rank 3

Happy hunting

Definitely. Rank 3 doesn’t take too much work. Agreed with Patmustard, just watch the LFF chat and join up. Only thing to remember is you can’t join the Rohan battles in a fellowship until you have completed them solo or duo. Gondor ones should be fine though.

I ran D of MT a few times solo at the start of last year with very low level characters (under 40) and was able to do it solo. I didn’t even know what promotion points were until a few months later and didn’t spend them until then either! It is hard to do both the main and side quests solo, but if you just ignore the side quests to start with and make sure you destroy the siege towers and the bosses, you will earn a few points quite easily.

Later on a really kind player ran all the Rohan battles with me when I got to that point in the epic, and he coached me through them as we went along. See if you can get someone to do the same, folks are usually pretty helpful
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

I have managed to finish the deeping Wall last night. I am a level 1 engineer now. I bought 10 points to help me out. I watched a u tube on the MT BB. I think I can do that one will try over the weekend to see. The first time I tried Helm's Deep, when I went to use the catapult I never saw a white target on the ground, not sure what happened. So I failed that attempt. On the 2nd try I had the target and destroyed the enemies siege engines.
    Failing a BB doesn't bother me if I can figure out why I did and correct it.
    I dance for cookies!