We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need skills help

Hey guys so in 12 years I have never touched cappy but after the changes was really interested in maining one.
    I feel like i am missing some things as far as the skill combos go.
    In red and blue what is the general rotation ? I am a little lost as to what each skill does in the BR more, BH mode and DE responses.

In terms of 'combos' ill best leave that to other people, but as far as the states go, I'll do my best.

'Battle-Readied' is your 'first' state which is unlocked via the following;

Battle-Shout
    Shadows Lament in Red Line.
    Valiant Strike in Blue Line.
    A consumable 'Tonic' potion (which has a 3minute cooldown).
    Time of Need (Red-Line)

Battle-Readied gives you the buff +% Melee/Tactical damage, it also unlocks Devestating blow and Pressing Attack, which can only be used whilst you are Battle-Readied. Using the skill 'Sure Strike' whilst you are Battle-Readied will give you and your fellowship a 'tactics' buff depending on what line you are in.

Relentless in Red +Crit Rating +Physical Mastery +Tactical Mastery +5% outgoing healing.
    Focus in Blue -5% attack duration +5% incoming healing +2% tactical mitigation.
    On Guard in Yellow +5% damage reduction -10% power cost +parry rating

Your second state 'Battle-Hardened' is unlocked via the following;

Devestating Blow, using this will consume the Battle-Readied effect.
    Pressing Attack, using this will consume the Battle-Readied effect.

Battle-Hardened gives you -% incoming damage, +% melee skills critical multiplier and +% outgoing healing, in relative terms it is the state you are in most often. Battle-Hardened unlocks the ability to use Blade of Elendil which has varying effects depending on which line you are in.

Using Blade of Elendil in red line gives you +20% damage on your next shadows lament - using BoE will consume battle-hardened.
    Using Blade of Elendil in blue line gives you +20% healing on your next valiant strike - using BoE will consume battle-hardened.
    Using Blade of Elendil in your yellow line gives you -20% incoming damage received on the next hit directed at you - using BoE will consume battle-hardened.

Your final 'state' is Defeat Responses.

Defeat responses are unlocked by either defeating an enemy or,

Scoring a critical or devestating hit with Pressing Attack or Devestating Blow.
    In yellow line, partially evading/blocking/parrying an attack will unlock a defeat response.
    Time of Need (Red-Line).

When you have a defeat response active, your Rallying Cry and Routing Cry are much more potent than their non-defeat response based counterparts.

In Blue, if you trait 'Rousing Words', when you use Rallying Cry with a defeat response you will give a +5% damage buff to the fellowship.
    In Blue, if you trait 'Rallying Roar', when you use Rallying Cry with a defeat response it will be even more potent, and restore power to the fellowship.
    In Red, if you trait 'Penetrating Cry', when you use Routing Cry with a defeat response you will give a -15% attack duration buff to the fellowship.
    In Yellow, if you trait 'Terrifying Bellow', when you use Routing Cry with a defeat response you will stun x targets hit by Routing Cry for x seconds.

--

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Aug 07 2019 at 02:11 PM.

Thank you for that explanation