We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I clicked on this thread thinking, "only pain and suffering" but then I found what appears to be a quote that could be easily mistaken for something said a decade ago. Not that it hasn't been better than what I imagine is the case today, but I'm sure the enthusiasts and zealots alike understand my intent to communicate "class balance" passes have been an issue since Shadows of Angmar. More or less.

Uh oh, began with the Moria expansion and the introduction of LIs in terms of creating gear gaps in PvP. The wedge just continued to widen the gaps between the geared and lesser geared and where to place the creeps versus the outliers. They got feedback from talented and insightful players but it's been mismanaged to such a degree it's become a well known gaming tragedy.

I do miss the community. So many great people played this game and it was too much fun passing the hours in an off hand way. So many players from Elindilmir I could list, and no doubt many more that I would inadvertently miss. The server rallying at Glorfindel for the Hope buff to finish he Rift of Narz Ghashu in PvE gives pause.

The PvP was just so much fun. Just the level of organization that Vyxe and Sylidor used to manage everything for all the players. The Aussies and Kiwis keeping the server busy around the clock when North America and Europe went on cooldown made it a server that never slept. In the end, Sylidor's tragic loss was too much for the server to absorb and losing Vyxe to a different title shortly afterwards started the slow decline of what was such a fun gaming experience.

Of course, crippling performance didnt help server stability either.

In any event, the time has gone, my legs are growing numb, and my time on the throne has come to concluding with paperwork. Best wishes to all of you and yours this fall in the Northern Hemisphere and happy Spring to all the Aussies and Kiwis, Indonesians, Koreans, etc.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Brynden Rivers

From day one LOTRO created the imbalance issue in the Moors. Nothing has changed in all these years as the argument continues.

It is a simple fix, but also timely one as well as far as graphics go. So make a reaver and a champ true equals (or any creep class vs a matching freep class), just give the skills a different name but make them exactly the same in strength etc. Give creeps quests for better armor and weapons, etc. Keep it equal right down the middle. Trying to stack oranges, apples, and pears against a watermelon just does not make sense.

Yes, if you run out into the Moors with your R3 and you run into an R10 the outcome will be the same every time...the R3 dies and quickly at that. However, run a R7 into another R7 no one can predict the outcome. That is the whole point...unpredictability in two balanced classes. The old days was all based on zerg vs zerg...but that becomes more rare each year. Eh...was just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebones View Post
    From day one LOTRO created the imbalance issue in the Moors. Nothing has changed in all these years as the argument continues.

It is a simple fix, but also timely one as well as far as graphics go. So make a reaver and a champ true equals (or any creep class vs a matching freep class), just give the skills a different name but make them exactly the same in strength etc. Give creeps quests for better armor and weapons, etc. Keep it equal right down the middle. Trying to stack oranges, apples, and pears against a watermelon just does not make sense.

Yes, if you run out into the Moors with your R3 and you run into an R10 the outcome will be the same every time...the R3 dies and quickly at that. However, run a R7 into another R7 no one can predict the outcome. That is the whole point...unpredictability in two balanced classes. The old days was all based on zerg vs zerg...but that becomes more rare each year. Eh...was just thinking out loud.
    A) This only works if the creep version has to do the same grind as their feel counterpart and either both sides need to be VIP, or neither otherwise we'll still have more numbers on creepside.

B) It's too late for this. The only players left on freepside will never play a balanced game. The only thing that keeps them coming out is lolzmode. And I'm OK with that because it keeps the game going.

C) Let it go, SSG has no intention of doing anything except bump creep morale up a bit every major update. Again, enjoy it for what it is because my guess is we're almost out of time with this game.
    Team Milt.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    A)

C) Let it go, SSG has no intention of doing anything except bump creep morale up a bit every major update. Again, enjoy it for what it is because my guess is we're almost out of time with this game.
    Honestly Doc I really could care less...I was just thinking out loud. Looks like the Amazon LOTRO will be the next interesting MMO.

Amazon isn't making the MMO. They're publishing it. It's being developed by some Chinese studio called Leyou, who have yet to even develop a game themselves (they have partial ownership of Digital Extremes, the developer of Warframe)

So I wouldn't get my hopes up. I doubt it even goes through and will be quietly cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    Amazon isn't making the MMO. They're publishing it. It's being developed by some Chinese studio called Leyou, who have yet to even develop a game themselves (they have partial ownership of Digital Extremes, the developer of Warframe)

So I wouldn't get my hopes up. I doubt it even goes through and will be quietly cancelled.
    Never underestimate the desire and will to create your first game, what if it turns into success ,so what if they are Chinese or some unknown studio,everyone deserves a chance, can you do better? Became a developer or start your own company.

Of course you wont, because you having the same mindest as majority of today's gaming population. Thank the Vala were are not in same pot.

By the time Turbine began development on LoTRO they were already a veteran MMO studio who had made two of the most best and influential MMOs of all time. That’s a pretty far cry from the situation this illusive new LotR MMO finds itself in

Unless pvp gear is introduced again there will never be balance..
    Its the easiest thing to do btw, since you have almost "standard stats" on the one side you can do the same with pvp gear to the other side

Tangaar
    Captain] [Acidglow Weaver]
    -->Black Glass Remix skin<---

Roaming - AFK - Roaming - AFK - Roaming .... (A common creep life)

Thumbs up

Everyone knows PvMP exclusive gear and imbued li's disable, no need to mention audacity, are the only things who needs to get fixed, and the insane lag ofc. The fact is, does SSG knows? Are they interested on fixing this? Map re-vamp to an old SoA moors would be very welcome, imho
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Sep 25 2019 at 08:41 AM.
    R15 BLA - DEF - STK R14 BLA - WVR R12 STK R10 RVR - WAR - DEF | GDN - BRG 17 Toons under R10 [LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Everyone knows PvMP exclusive gear and imbued li's disable, no need to mention audacity, are the only things who needs to get fixed, and the insane lag ofc. Map re-vamp to an old SoA moors would be very welcome, imho
    And you just get high elf ears...

Roaming - AFK - Roaming - AFK - Roaming .... (A common creep life)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    And you just get high elf ears...
    BBQ non stop
    R15 BLA - DEF - STK R14 BLA - WVR R12 STK R10 RVR - WAR - DEF | GDN - BRG 17 Toons under R10 [LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    BBQ non stop
    I mean you just couldn't make this up . Just why anyone thought this important enough to justify an update is beyond any reasonable comprehension . With everything else going on, the only thing they can think of are High Elf Ears . It really says it all about SSG and their priorities .

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    I mean you just couldn't make this up . Just why anyone thought this important enough to justify an update is beyond any reasonable comprehension . With everything else going on, the only thing they can think of are High Elf Ears . It really says it all about SSG and their priorities .
    And somewhere in 2021 Stout Axes start dropping something in PvmP...

And somewhere in 2021 Stout Axes start dropping something in PvmP...
    Something something something "we'll get to PvMP when we finish class balancing." Meanwhile they can spare time and resources to creating an entire new class. I get different people work on different things, but c'mon! We've been shafted so much that I don't feel anything pass through anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmicusthegreen View Post
    Something something something "we'll get to PvMP when we finish class balancing." Meanwhile they can spare time and resources to creating an entire new class.
    A new sub-race, not a class, mostly just taking skins off existing dwarf npcs in Mordor and making them available to players, hardly any time/effort yet sold for premium prices or as major selling point of the new expac.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    A new sub-race, not a class, mostly just taking skins off existing dwarf npcs in Mordor and making them available to players, hardly any time/effort yet sold for premium prices or as major selling point of the new expac.
    You're right, race and not class. I was thinking race but typed class. Will the race traits be the same? There has to be at least a little bit of work to get a new race in.

As a side note, I can't be the only one that is very quickly becoming disillusioned with the garbage that Turbine's producing/shoving down our throats? (Yes, I know it's SSG, but I still blame Turbine for everything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Never underestimate the desire and will to create your first game, what if it turns into success ,so what if they are Chinese or some unknown studio,everyone deserves a chance, can you do better? Became a developer or start your own company.

Of course you wont, because you having the same mindest as majority of today's gaming population. Thank the Vala were are not in same pot.
    They announce new game in august 2018, and spend 1 year for... nothing. No screenshots, no videos, no concept arts, no interviews, no info about gameplay. Even Turbine needs 2-3 years to create Lotro, I sure we don't see new Lotro MMO in next 3-4 years.

"What's in store for our PvMPers?"

...I can't skim past this thread in the forum list without asking "Wait did they say Pampers?"

They announce new game in august 2018, and spend 1 year for... nothing. No screenshots, no videos, no concept arts, no interviews, no info about gameplay. Even Turbine needs 2-3 years to create Lotro, I sure we don't see new Lotro MMO in next 3-4 years.
    To be clear Amazon bought the rights to the new Lotr MMO. Speculation is that they canned New World in favor of assisting Leyou to develop the lotr MMO which they probably want to release concurrently with the show that they're making about the 2nd age. I'm still dubious because modern MMO development is usually suspect but I do trust Amazon a bit more than a random chinese dev company.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Creeps will be getting a bump to lvl 130 soon, possibly a +5% gain to morale and damage

Followed by a few weeks of empty map PVE while freeps complete the new gear cycle

Finished off with the Same-O Same-O situation, as it has been since lvl 85

Sorry, missed the latest big change, smoked high elf ears is a fine meal!

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    Creeps will be getting a bump to lvl 130 soon, possibly a +5% gain to morale and damage

Followed by a few weeks of empty map PVE while freeps complete the new gear cycle

Lol few weeks? Instances will not be there at start. Many people will wait for expansion in lotro store as for european players price is higher becouse of tax. And it will be worse than mordor (mordor got teal drops in begining on landscape i'm sure they will not allow it now).

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post

I come back to the pvp graveyard now and again to clear weeds from the PvMP headstone. The plot where PvMP was buried has sunken a bit. The depression is noticeable from a distance near the gate of the graveyard. The epitaph now has moss growing in its inscription and is no longer recognizable.

Once it read. "Who can know the days of tomorrow? Who can know the joys of sorrow? Resting here, for one last moment, to be relevant."

Perhaps one day a tree will root and grow on this spot.
    "That what is explicitly two, can at the same time be implicitly one."

Alan Watts

The below demonstration should answer the question "What's in store for our PvMPers?"

Or maybe something you have never thought of before?

The Monster players have the ability to purchase every single possible skill,corruption,racial and even gorgeous skin! Thou hast save thyself for several years of hardcore grind!

Not to mention overpowered buffs such are tome of defence,stun immunity,speed boost,immunity brand which can give one enormous advantage in certain scenarios regardless of one's skill or rank.

Most of the Monsters are ungrateful, You have lag free zone as well, Imagine if it was Open PvMP? Also Farming,quests is so easy and Monster do massive damage, look at BA barrage incredible, 2 BA's and nothing lives. 2 incredibly imposing steroid uruks ,none can survive!

Those who know how to play their to fullest extent, you can duo and slaughter anything, but problem is that players only look purely from 1 on 1 perspective.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast