We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I clicked on this thread thinking, "only pain and suffering" but then I found what appears to be a quote that could be easily mistaken for something said a decade ago. Not that it hasn't been better than what I imagine is the case today, but I'm sure the enthusiasts and zealots alike understand my intent to communicate "class balance" passes have been an issue since Shadows of Angmar. More or less.

Uh oh, began with the Moria expansion and the introduction of LIs in terms of creating gear gaps in PvP. The wedge just continued to widen the gaps between the geared and lesser geared and where to place the creeps versus the outliers. They got feedback from talented and insightful players but it's been mismanaged to such a degree it's become a well known gaming tragedy.

I do miss the community. So many great people played this game and it was too much fun passing the hours in an off hand way. So many players from Elindilmir I could list, and no doubt many more that I would inadvertently miss. The server rallying at Glorfindel for the Hope buff to finish he Rift of Narz Ghashu in PvE gives pause.

The PvP was just so much fun. Just the level of organization that Vyxe and Sylidor used to manage everything for all the players. The Aussies and Kiwis keeping the server busy around the clock when North America and Europe went on cooldown made it a server that never slept. In the end, Sylidor's tragic loss was too much for the server to absorb and losing Vyxe to a different title shortly afterwards started the slow decline of what was such a fun gaming experience.

Of course, crippling performance didnt help server stability either.

In any event, the time has gone, my legs are growing numb, and my time on the throne has come to concluding with paperwork. Best wishes to all of you and yours this fall in the Northern Hemisphere and happy Spring to all the Aussies and Kiwis, Indonesians, Koreans, etc.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Brynden Rivers

From day one LOTRO created the imbalance issue in the Moors. Nothing has changed in all these years as the argument continues.

It is a simple fix, but also timely one as well as far as graphics go. So make a reaver and a champ true equals (or any creep class vs a matching freep class), just give the skills a different name but make them exactly the same in strength etc. Give creeps quests for better armor and weapons, etc. Keep it equal right down the middle. Trying to stack oranges, apples, and pears against a watermelon just does not make sense.

Yes, if you run out into the Moors with your R3 and you run into an R10 the outcome will be the same every time...the R3 dies and quickly at that. However, run a R7 into another R7 no one can predict the outcome. That is the whole point...unpredictability in two balanced classes. The old days was all based on zerg vs zerg...but that becomes more rare each year. Eh...was just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebones View Post
    From day one LOTRO created the imbalance issue in the Moors. Nothing has changed in all these years as the argument continues.

It is a simple fix, but also timely one as well as far as graphics go. So make a reaver and a champ true equals (or any creep class vs a matching freep class), just give the skills a different name but make them exactly the same in strength etc. Give creeps quests for better armor and weapons, etc. Keep it equal right down the middle. Trying to stack oranges, apples, and pears against a watermelon just does not make sense.

Yes, if you run out into the Moors with your R3 and you run into an R10 the outcome will be the same every time...the R3 dies and quickly at that. However, run a R7 into another R7 no one can predict the outcome. That is the whole point...unpredictability in two balanced classes. The old days was all based on zerg vs zerg...but that becomes more rare each year. Eh...was just thinking out loud.
    A) This only works if the creep version has to do the same grind as their feel counterpart and either both sides need to be VIP, or neither otherwise we'll still have more numbers on creepside.

B) It's too late for this. The only players left on freepside will never play a balanced game. The only thing that keeps them coming out is lolzmode. And I'm OK with that because it keeps the game going.

C) Let it go, SSG has no intention of doing anything except bump creep morale up a bit every major update. Again, enjoy it for what it is because my guess is we're almost out of time with this game.
    Team Milt.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    A)

C) Let it go, SSG has no intention of doing anything except bump creep morale up a bit every major update. Again, enjoy it for what it is because my guess is we're almost out of time with this game.
    Honestly Doc I really could care less...I was just thinking out loud. Looks like the Amazon LOTRO will be the next interesting MMO.

Amazon isn't making the MMO. They're publishing it. It's being developed by some Chinese studio called Leyou, who have yet to even develop a game themselves (they have partial ownership of Digital Extremes, the developer of Warframe)

So I wouldn't get my hopes up. I doubt it even goes through and will be quietly cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    Amazon isn't making the MMO. They're publishing it. It's being developed by some Chinese studio called Leyou, who have yet to even develop a game themselves (they have partial ownership of Digital Extremes, the developer of Warframe)

So I wouldn't get my hopes up. I doubt it even goes through and will be quietly cancelled.
    Never underestimate the desire and will to create your first game, what if it turns into success ,so what if they are Chinese or some unknown studio,everyone deserves a chance, can you do better? Became a developer or start your own company.

Of course you wont, because you having the same mindest as majority of today's gaming population. Thank the Vala were are not in same pot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2