We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Patriot Act is talking about the Gaming Industry

I do my fair share of complaining about game minutiae. However, let's get a few things straight:

1. I don't need or want battle royale, to me the opposite of gamer is *still* bro/sport. And the bros can just stay in the BR games. I want story, exploration, cute easter eggs.

2. I want the same developers to stay on until the game is shut down, so the expertise isn't lost. Happy to pay a premium for that, if I have that assurance.

3. I never needed the inducement of "free" or "microtransaction" to get me in a game. Though if you feel that's required to make money, I'm used to it by now. Personally I want to play the Cadillac of games and this is probably it. You know the old Caddy... the land yacht one. Keep it going and I'll stay for the ride.

4. Some of my favorite developers (when I knew who they were) have been female, they've added detail to games that I've deeply enjoyed.

5. The bugs in a game are not mroe important than the developer's families or sanity. Not to me.

With that said, I enjoyed this episode of Patriot Act (a news show with various topics) that happens to focus on gaming and is quite funny too.

With sincere thanks from a player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLAi_cmly6Q

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    I do my fair share of complaining about game minutiae. However, let's get a few things straight:

1. I don't need or want battle royale, to me the opposite of gamer is *still* bro/sport. And the bros can just stay in the BR games. I want story, exploration, cute easter eggs.

2. I want the same developers to stay on until the game is shut down, so the expertise isn't lost. Happy to pay a premium for that, if I have that assurance.

3. I never needed the inducement of "free" or "microtransaction" to get me in a game. Though if you feel that's required to make money, I'm used to it by now. Personally I want to play the Cadillac of games and this is probably it. You know the old Caddy... the land yacht one. Keep it going and I'll stay for the ride.

4. Some of my favorite developers (when I knew who they were) have been female, they've added detail to games that I've deeply enjoyed.

5. The bugs in a game are not mroe important than the developer's families or sanity. Not to me.

With that said, I enjoyed this episode of Patriot Act (a news show with various topics) that happens to focus on gaming and is quite funny too.

With sincere thanks from a player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLAi_cmly6Q
    Thanks for that; highly informative AND humorous.

Hey thanks for the link I loved it & found it informative.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    Hey thanks for the link I loved it & found it informative.
    YW The GFX team stole the show I think.