We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Race changes and new dwarf race is comming!

It was just said via Twitter post https://twitter.com/druidsfire/statu...52613010563072 by Druidsfire (aka Phoenix) that Severlin said they are doing Race changes, so if your a Hobbit Guardian you can change to an Elf Guardian Etc exciting news that dropped.

Edit also seems a new dwarf race called Stout-Axe is coming as well.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Aug 02 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    It was just said via Twitter post https://twitter.com/druidsfire/statu...52613010563072 by Druidsfire (aka Phoenix) that Severlin said they are doing Race changes, so if your a Hobbit Guardian you can change to an Elf Guardian Etc exciting news that dropped.

That is great news.

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    "Any race can change to any other race! Class Restrictions Still Apply! Captains can change to One, count them all, One, other race! Go Captains!"
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Now this is exceptionally good news!

I'll definitely be paying to change some of my races. The best part of this is that I'll be able to try out the new Dwarf! I'm well past the point where additional characters are beyond me, so... many positive emotions here.

I’m curious on how a Stout Axe will be different than a normal dwarf.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Picture taken from Severlin's phone regarding Stout-Axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    They're a completely different type of dwarf. Where Dourhands and "Free" Dwarves are both pejoratively Longbeards, there's two other dwarven races explored already in LOTRO; The two new dwarf races being the Stout-Axes (originating from Mordor and previously enslaved by Sauron) and the Zhelruka, or "Iron Hand" (originating from the Far-East beyond the edge of the Iron Hills).

Assuming this information, that there's a new starter zone for Stout-Axes, there may be the inclusion of additional landscape for this expansion than first thought.

Considering that the stout axe story starts at 105, and that I don't see how the heck they are going to get a stout axe in Ered luin for start of the game, perhaps these guys could be automatically aria of the Valar-ed.

I wonder if this also points to post-Morgul storylines. Further into the east (ie rhun and the red mountains) to meet up with more eastern dwarves.

Very happy to hear about race changes, this will help me out a lot with a couple of characters I have been wanting to switch around.

New dwarf is interesting, but yeah wondering appearance wise how different they will be in game, beards aside.

ok now.........lets talk about shop ..........
    see big money coming for the company n thats not bad, not bad at all!
    delivering interesting content? i am buying, you r taking my money.........
    what i see is that this race change is something like an outfit!
    people asking for this, people asking for dwarf captains, hobbit champion, and many other things, people will have them!
    guys dont expect to visit barber n do this! pile up points! you ll need 'em!
    what i m really interesting in is that new dwarf race........
    will it be race/class beorning style????
    will it be a race witn new dwarf racial abilities but same old dwarf classes?
    i see in the photo the 3 type of armour, light, medium and heavy, are we having a new class too?
    i d like to see a blue name answering all this! Vastin? MoL?
    when is this happening??? true or a joke?
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Unaccountable lack of beard, for starters, because that right there is just a big ol' moustache...

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil
    They're a completely different type of dwarf. Where Dourhands and "Free" Dwarves are both pejoratively Longbeards, there's two other dwarven races explored already in LOTRO; The two new dwarf races being the Stout-Axes (originating from Mordor and previously enslaved by Sauron) and the Zhelruka, or "Iron Hand" (originating from the Far-East beyond the edge of the Iron Hills).

Assuming this information, that there's a new starter zone for Stout-Axes, there may be the inclusion of additional landscape for this expansion than first thought.
    Lore-wise there were seven clans (not 'races' or 'types' as such), one for each of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves. That's why there were seven Rings given to the Dwarves by Sauron, so it's firmly implied in LOTR and hence in the game as well. Giving a bunch of Dwarves a distinctive name such as 'Dourhands', 'Stout-Axes' or 'Zhelruka' very much implies that they're a clan in their own right because that's what names like that denote.

I could readily buy into the idea of Dwarves being enslaved by Sauron and dragged off to Mordor to serve him, but any suggestion of them originating in Mordor would be all kinds of broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post

well .... not exactly.......
    is it said that the dourhands are longbeards?
    only mentioned......
    what if dourhands hail from the 1st dwarf inhabitants of the blue mountains???
    that were Broadbeams and Firebeards!
    maybe stout axes are descadents of the Stiffbeards who were close to the Ironfists
    dwarves are not of different races! there is only one race of them but 7 different clans
    they were 3 pairs, with the Longbeards, descandents of Durin, elder of all dwarf fathers, alone
    the pairs were Broadbeams and Firebeards to the west,
    Stiffbeards and the Ironfists to the east,
    Blackblocks and Stonefoots to the far east, while Longbeards where established Moria, Gundaband, Ered Mithrin, Misty Mountains, Erebor,
    later on in Enedwaith and Blue Mountains..........
    all of them were accepting as their king the Lord of the Longbeards, at least at the earlier eras.
    now there are some dwarves we may call them "different race", from the 7 clans.....
    those were the Petty-dwarves who lived in the west beyond blue mountains.
    not many things are known about them tho..........
    ofc there is a posibility some dwarves were inslaved by Sauron, so for me, creating the stout axes is ok with the lore!
    will be nice to have a new starting area! but i want to see a new dwarf class coming with them, not just a "race"
    1st of all what i want to see is a blue name confirming those changes,
    coz i believe its a bad joke based on a photo which might be from the stout axe art work for mordor.............
    lets see who answers back! MoL, Vastin? anyone reading????
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

a dev leter, explaining everything would be great!

Perhaps this time they will give us a female version. That's my hope, otherwise I will not partake.
    Never made a dwarf for that very reason. To each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Perhaps this time they will give us a female version. That's my hope, otherwise I will not partake.
    Never made a dwarf for that very reason. To each his/her own.
    Yeah .
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    coz i believe its a bad joke based on a photo which might be from the stout axe art work for mordor.............
    Video (lots of background noise) here of Sev announcing it at GenCon meetup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJ8g-CU2YY

If I remember correctly, the original developers didn't have the rights to the names of the other 6 dwarven families, so they had to make their own (the dourhands and later the new ones). Basicslly they are other families of dwarfs, but for legal reasons they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Video (lots of background noise) here of Sev announcing it at GenCon meetup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJ8g-CU2YY
    tks mate!
    tho someone has to give us more details NOW!
    dev letter is needed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    well .... not exactly.......
    is it said that the dourhands are longbeards?
    only mentioned......
    what if dourhands hail from the 1st dwarf inhabitants of the blue mountains???
    that were Broadbeams and Firebeards!
    maybe stout axes are descadents of the Stiffbeards who were close to the Ironfists
    dwarves are not of different races! there is only one race of them but 7 different clans
    they were 3 pairs, with the Longbeards, descandents of Durin, elder of all dwarf fathers, alone
    the pairs were Broadbeams and Firebeards to the west,
    Stiffbeards and the Ironfists to the east,
    Blackblocks and Stonefoots to the far east, while Longbeards where established Moria, Gundaband, Ered Mithrin, Misty Mountains, Erebor,
    later on in Enedwaith and Blue Mountains..........
    all of them were accepting as their king the Lord of the Longbeards, at least at the earlier eras.
    now there are some dwarves we may call them "different race", from the 7 clans.....
    those were the Petty-dwarves who lived in the west beyond blue mountains.
    not many things are known about them tho..........
    ofc there is a posibility some dwarves were inslaved by Sauron, so for me, creating the stout axes is ok with the lore!
    will be nice to have a new starting area! but i want to see a new dwarf class coming with them, not just a "race"
    Silmarilion expanded lore of dwarves isnt allowed by SSG. They have to use their own. Hence the two blue wizards being Blue and Violet.

Quote Originally Posted by afferas View Post
    Considering that the stout axe story starts at 105, and that I don't see how the heck they are going to get a stout axe in Ered luin for start of the game, perhaps these guys could be automatically aria of the Valar-ed.

I wonder if this also points to post-Morgul storylines. Further into the east (ie rhun and the red mountains) to meet up with more eastern dwarves.
    I'm guessing they'll be like the High-Elf, with an intro that's in Mordor in the past (since captivity in Barad-dur seems to be part of the backstory), then something happens and you wake up in Ered Luin.

The only news I'm waiting to hear is which class(es) SA Dwarves will get that Longbeards do not - Warden? Captain? Burglar?
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

I was going to pass this up as Druidsfire making up fibs but it turns out this actually happened.#

. I don't know if we can truly count on this being added until there's an official announcement.
    The idea of being able to change your race entirely seems very sudden and something I didn't expect they would do ever. I remember seeing like one thread about it not so long but that's the only suggestion I saw about this feature.
    I like the idea, don't get me wrong, there's been times where I've got a character to something like level 20, not liked the look of the character and deleted it just to change the race. It'd be very nice to have an option where you could change your character's race a lot further into the game even if it costs LP/

The Stout Axe thing is what makes me very skeptical though, of all the new things they could add as a race, why would they choose another 'family' of Dwarf? I understand High Elves to an extent, seeing as they're technically a thing from Tolkein's works, but Stout Axes are an entirely Lotro only concept and in my opinion it makes no sense to have a playable race that isn't rooted at all in Tolkein's works. It sort of feels out of place.
    ...Also if this *is* true, the amount of people who would fiercely DEMAND for female Dwarves would cause such a riot that they'd have no choice but to do it. I'm telling you, I know people who would literally quit the game over their hopes of female Dwarves being raised only to be crushed. It's one of those small things that people go crazy for

In my opinion, if anything, this is just something Severlin said that they had been 'thinking about' so we *could* see it in the game in like 1000 years time. Either that or it's a total red herring to throw people off what they're truly working on.
    -Askelin: 120 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    (Laurelin)

So guessing these new Dwarves are coming with the launch of Minas Morgul Expansion, hope we don't have the situation we had when High elves came with Mordor Expansion but not with the Standard Edition though.

Assuming they will drop a class off the regular Dwarf list and add in a new one, I.e. dropping Rune-keeper and adding in Warden, or maybe even Burglar.

Cheers
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Silmarilion expanded lore of dwarves isnt allowed by SSG. They have to use their own. Hence the two blue wizards being Blue and Violet.
    yes mate i know
    i m just saying what is known never said that ssg would use the exactly names if no rights

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post
    So guessing these new Dwarves are coming with the launch of Minas Morgul Expansion, hope we don't have the situation we had when High elves came with Mordor Expansion but not with the Standard Edition though.

Assuming they will drop a class off the regular Dwarf list and add in a new one, I.e. dropping Rune-keeper and adding in Warden, or maybe even Burglar.

Cheers
    ow plz nothing of this! i d like to see something new!
    maybe this or something like this!
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ew-Class-Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    I was going to pass this up as Druidsfire making up fibs but it turns out this actually happened.#

. I don't know if we can truly count on this being added until there's an official announcement.
    The idea of being able to change your race entirely seems very sudden and something I didn't expect they would do ever. I remember seeing like one thread about it not so long but that's the only suggestion I saw about this feature.
    I like the idea, don't get me wrong, there's been times where I've got a character to something like level 20, not liked the look of the character and deleted it just to change the race. It'd be very nice to have an option where you could change your character's race a lot further into the game even if it costs LP/

The Stout Axe thing is what makes me very skeptical though, of all the new things they could add as a race, why would they choose another 'family' of Dwarf? I understand High Elves to an extent, seeing as they're technically a thing from Tolkein's works, but Stout Axes are an entirely Lotro only concept and in my opinion it makes no sense to have a playable race that isn't rooted at all in Tolkein's works. It sort of feels out of place.
    ...Also if this *is* true, the amount of people who would fiercely DEMAND for female Dwarves would cause such a riot that they'd have no choice but to do it. I'm telling you, I know people who would literally quit the game over their hopes of female Dwarves being raised only to be crushed. It's one of those small things that people go crazy for

In my opinion, if anything, this is just something Severlin said that they had been 'thinking about' so we *could* see it in the game in like 1000 years time. Either that or it's a total red herring to throw people off what they're truly working on.

Close enough to an official announcement. Straight from the Horse's mouth.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast