We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    664
    From tomorrows release notes;


    • The following Grey Mountains Instance rewards chests now offer an additional favored completion each week which can be used at tier 3, tier 4, or tier 5: Thruglok's Mithril Chest, Gast Nûl's Mithril Chest, Hrithkól's Mithril Chest, Askurth's Mithril Chest, Etterfang's Mithril Chest, Karkasht Crow-feeder's Mithril Chest, Frór's Mithril Chest, Athramóth's Mithril Chest, and Karazgar's Mithril Chest.


    I imagine this was done in an attempt to placate those of us who have been asking for locks to be removed entirely. SSG whilst this may seem like you're throwing the dog a bone - THIS IS NOT ENOUGH. Two favoured completions a week of the highest difficulty content is not enough. Increase that to FIVE favoured completions a week and maybe we can talk (Better yet, just remove the whole system completely, AND IF some kind of loot-locking system is required (Which the community appears to be against anyway) then give us back daily locks), but two is not worthy of even mentioning.

  2. #27
    No, keep the favoured loot system as it is. The game has never been better. Anyone still remembers Silent Street? Yes, the instance you had to run 20 times to see a single golden pocket drop if you were lucky ...

    Nowadays in TG you will see 2 pocket in 3 on average. Why is this? Because, for the hardcore instance running fellowship the old drop rate and the drop rate in TG are equal per week - yet anyone who cant run 30 runs of an instance a week is getting penalized because of these few. So, the new loot system has helped the majority of players and was a really good addition to the game.

    It is also wrong that more players run instances back then. It is the exact opposite: No one would actually run SS T2 CM because NOTHING would drop anyway - getting a run together for TG was easy, because loot would actually drop at a reasonable pace. So, please do not listen to the select few that want (for whatever reason) run instances 100 times to get the same loot you could get with a few, but paced over some more weeks.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    No, keep the favoured loot system as it is. The game has never been better. Anyone still remembers Silent Street? Yes, the instance you had to run 20 times to see a single golden pocket drop if you were lucky ...

    Nowadays in TG you will see 2 pocket in 3 on average. Why is this? Because, for the hardcore instance running fellowship the old drop rate and the drop rate in TG are equal per week - yet anyone who cant run 30 runs of an instance a week is getting penalized because of these few. So, the new loot system has helped the majority of players and was a really good addition to the game.

    It is also wrong that more players run instances back then. It is the exact opposite: No one would actually run SS T2 CM because NOTHING would drop anyway - getting a run together for TG was easy, because loot would actually drop at a reasonable pace. So, please do not listen to the select few that want (for whatever reason) run instances 100 times to get the same loot you could get with a few, but paced over some more weeks.
    I ran Silent Street 80+ times before I managed to get a pocket on any class. And I wouldn't change it for the world. At least I had something to do rather than doing two instances a week and then logging off. And no one would run SS T2C? Are you crazy? I never had trouble EVER getting a group.

  4. #29
    Instances are one of the few normal-designed and fun activities left in the game.
    And we have this:
    1. 120 scaled old instances are totally irrelevant and useless. It's sad coz some of them are still challenging enough.
    2. Actual instances can drop something only 2 times a week, and 1 of them is almost unplayable by melee.
    Don't know is it done due to tears of "penalized" ladies or devs wants more candies from shop, but overall it is ridiculous.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warren PA
    Posts
    816
    I returned to play on the legendary servers, so I haven't seen this in action yet, but it sounds like nonsense.

    I really like the Moria system. The system (as described here, because I haven't found any other dev-confirmed source about this favored completion nonsense) for the current endgame sounds like an absolute nightmare.

    Don't disincentivize people for running stuff. And sure as hell don't punish them for doing it. That's what this sounds like.
    Malediction of Anor, There and Back Again
    "There is suffering in the light; in excess, it burns. Flame is hostile to the wing.
    To burn and yet to fly, that is the miracle of genius." -- Victor Hugo

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    No, keep the favoured loot system as it is. The game has never been better. Anyone still remembers Silent Street? Yes, the instance you had to run 20 times to see a single golden pocket drop if you were lucky ...

    Nowadays in TG you will see 2 pocket in 3 on average. Why is this? Because, for the hardcore instance running fellowship the old drop rate and the drop rate in TG are equal per week - yet anyone who cant run 30 runs of an instance a week is getting penalized because of these few. So, the new loot system has helped the majority of players and was a really good addition to the game.

    It is also wrong that more players run instances back then. It is the exact opposite: No one would actually run SS T2 CM because NOTHING would drop anyway - getting a run together for TG was easy, because loot would actually drop at a reasonable pace. So, please do not listen to the select few that want (for whatever reason) run instances 100 times to get the same loot you could get with a few, but paced over some more weeks.
    Silent Street as the other instances back then offered not only the hilt, but had armourpieces, tokens and scrolls of empowerment also. The Moria instances had a mixture of rare loot and more common but often useful loot. If you didnt get your rare loot, you always had something else you could use. Right now, you can do a TG run twice a week and come out of it with 1-2 empowerment scrolls and some embers- which are useless at the moment. Then you can wait a week to get a new try. Already a week into this update the pattern is clear: If you dont come online on thursday or friday after locks have reset, you have no groups to play with, or can make a group with peoples 3. alts taking twice as long to do the instances (if doable at all). People who play a lot have already used up their 2 favoured pulls, and are logging of or doing dailies till the locks reset.

    I would love to see interesting loot spread over multiple instances, where some were rare items and others were more common and useful, as we used to have, and not have locks on the only instances worth doing.
    Banion- First officer of Exitus.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Banionn View Post
    Silent Street as the other instances back then offered not only the hilt, but had armourpieces, tokens and scrolls of empowerment also. The Moria instances had a mixture of rare loot and more common but often useful loot. If you didnt get your rare loot, you always had something else you could use. Right now, you can do a TG run twice a week and come out of it with 1-2 empowerment scrolls and some embers- which are useless at the moment. Then you can wait a week to get a new try. Already a week into this update the pattern is clear: If you dont come online on thursday or friday after locks have reset, you have no groups to play with, or can make a group with peoples 3. alts taking twice as long to do the instances (if doable at all). People who play a lot have already used up their 2 favoured pulls, and are logging of or doing dailies till the locks reset.

    I would love to see interesting loot spread over multiple instances, where some were rare items and others were more common and useful, as we used to have, and not have locks on the only instances worth doing.
    Im looking forward to Minas Morgul and hope they have learned until then what the players want. I don't have a big problem with the loot logs in general, if the instance pool would be big enough.
    Lotro has tons of old instance content that is worth running again, but without meaningful loot/rewards people will just run the new ones.

    Also, Itemisation is a big problem currently, in my eyes. Resulting mainly from the poor value of main stats and values like resist or crit defense on tank gear.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    664
    Dissappointed to see that more favoured completions weren't added in the patchnotes today.

    I am however hopeful that SSG will at least give us two favoured completions on the new instance when it drops, otherwise this is yet another slap in the face to those of us interested in content.

    PLEASE give us more favoured completions each week... 2 is just pitiful...

  9. #34
    So my experience of the latest update so far has been as follows. I did favoured runs on several characters before last Thursday's reset and at the weekend (Glimmer, TG and Caverns for those capable of doing it because of its melee-unfriendliness). One gold bracelet dropped for me of any use. Since the weekend have been unable to find any runs for characters that have not yet done their favoured runs because everyone else in the kin - and seemingly on the server - have already done their favoured runs. Kin run of the new instance already in progress when I logged on today. Only one advert in world chat for the new instance - not for a character I have got. I waited....then logged off. So I have to be lucky to get into a run in the first place on Thu/Fri/Sat when locks reset, lucky that a run needs a character I have got, lucky to get something to drop, lucky it is for a character I have got and lucky that the stats are the ones I need. And if I don't happen to be lucky I can just keep doing this day after day after day after week after week after week... By which time there will be a new update and the whole thing starts again. Playing a game should be a fun and rewarding experience. After a long day at work I should look forward to playing and at the end of an evening playing I should feel "good". At the moment playing LOTRO is a chore. I end up feeling frustrated at the end of the evening. The grind is endless and monotonous. It's not a positive experience. I don't expect to get everything at once but I need to feel that I am making progress. Too often I end an evening with no sense of achievement - other than I have slightly satisfied my OCD tendencies because I have grinded out some more Virtue XP on an alt of an alt and completed the dailies for the umpteenth time in a row. The reward/loot system and loot itemisation is just not right at the moment. Time to find something else to play I think after 10 years.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia (USA)
    Posts
    48
    Whine Whine Whine .. it's not fair because I'm F2P and all the Subs get good stuff. Shut up !!!! 3- 6 man Skirmish need 1 time a day locks , Raids every 3 days. You want gear then get your Ars'e out there quest, craft and trade for it. Stop running same run over and over then bit'tch about about you get same gear.
    F2P does not play the bills Subs do.SSG just need to tune out F2P in short have add 1 more LS and close everything else Sub or go home.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    -- Yoda

  11. #36
    I am NOT F2P and never have been. Your point is irrelevant.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2Yoda View Post
    Whine Whine Whine .. it's not fair because I'm F2P and all the Subs get good stuff. Shut up !!!!
    What is this good stuff you speak of?



    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2Yoda View Post
    F2P does not play the bills Subs do.SSG just need to tune out F2P in short have add 1 more LS and close everything else Sub or go home.
    Subs might pay the bills, but since most of the LS players are lifers, adding another LS won't do anything. Except, have SSG lose over 50% of the players by closing the Original servers.

    Btw, if you haven't noticed a good portion of the existing players have already abandoned the Legendary servers and probably won't return. They either went back to their old server or stopped playing entirely.


    You should get out more often.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyl_UK View Post
    So my experience of the latest update so far has been as follows. I did favoured runs on several characters before last Thursday's reset and at the weekend (Glimmer, TG and Caverns for those capable of doing it because of its melee-unfriendliness). One gold bracelet dropped for me of any use. Since the weekend have been unable to find any runs for characters that have not yet done their favoured runs because everyone else in the kin - and seemingly on the server - have already done their favoured runs. Kin run of the new instance already in progress when I logged on today. Only one advert in world chat for the new instance - not for a character I have got. I waited....then logged off. So I have to be lucky to get into a run in the first place on Thu/Fri/Sat when locks reset, lucky that a run needs a character I have got, lucky to get something to drop, lucky it is for a character I have got and lucky that the stats are the ones I need.
    This is more or less an accurate recounting of my last week too. Its extremely dicouraging to say the least.

    I agree with Gertes. If we had multiple instances which all had usefull loot, so we had enough choices, the favoured lootsystem would maybe be more acceptable, but with the current instances and loottables, it just isnt working.
    Banion- First officer of Exitus.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    664
    Still not understanding WHY the new instance was given only ONE favoured completion.

    Still not understanding WHY we have the favoured loot system in the first place - EVERYONE has expressed their hatred of it.

    Still not understanding WHY the devs have yet to respond to this thread - too afraid of what we have to say, perhaps? Or just can't be bothered to engage with disgruntled members of your community? Same arguement applies for the Scrolls of Empowerment / Star-Lits thread.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    This is going to be short and sweet, reply or not, our voices need to be heard and listened to.


    At the beginning of Mordor when the instances were first released we could run them (I say 'them', in truth, we only had one instance to run, Seregost, as Naerband was and still is broken to high hell) as many times as we liked, have you ever noticed how much busier the game is, how much livlier the game is when people are able to run content that they're rewarded for? As pointed out by another in the main feedback thread, surely you see how activity/numbers of people peak during the festival instances, because people have something to do.

    We argued against daily locks in favour of returning to a system before they existed - WE DID NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ADVOCATE OR EVEN WANT THIS CURRENT FAVOURED LOOT SYSTEM. Feel free to go back and check the endless comments about locks, not ONE person was in favour of the favoured system (hah). When it was first mentioned we were under the impression it would be something else entirely.

    *(Which you can find here; https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...38#post7866238 and here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eral-Feedback)

    Hardly anybody, if anybody, runs ANY of the instances if they are locked on their 'favoured' chest pull. You have the numbers, you know this for yourself. You can continue lieing to us and claim you are rewarded under the non-favoured system, just no, no you are not. Your arguement about wanting to control the acquisition rate of embers is also no longer a valid arguement, especially this late into the level-cap, nobody needs embers anymore, it's not something that is a priority, if that's what you're worried about, just remove the flat ember reward from the instances altogether or seriously nerf it (ESPECIALLY when you plan to just convert them into Motes at the release of the next XPac anyway).

    PLEASE stop making content that we have extremely restricted access to. WHAT IS THE POINT? One favoured loot pull for the entirety of t3/4/5, SSG you really have gone too far.

    GIVE US BACK DAILY LOCKS.

    At the very least, RETHINK your favoured/unfavoured looting system.

    Also, throwing this in here, to show, despite promises from the EP, not ONE quest in the Vales of Anduin rewarded Embers either directly or with gear that you could disenchant, nor did the book quest.
    100% agree with this.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Still not understanding WHY the new instance was given only ONE favoured completion.

    Still not understanding WHY we have the favoured loot system in the first place - EVERYONE has expressed their hatred of it.

    Still not understanding WHY the devs have yet to respond to this thread - too afraid of what we have to say, perhaps? Or just can't be bothered to engage with disgruntled members of your community? Same arguement applies for the Scrolls of Empowerment / Star-Lits thread.
    Because half community will get everything in 2 weeks and stop playing due to poor/fast-releasing content.Don't expect devs to reply that they're scared of lossing money ...
    ~~Thanasis - Captain (Evernight)~~

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload