We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Crickhollow's 9th Anniversary Celebration!

    Sponsored By: (Insert your Kinship name here)



    On September 8th, the Crickhollow Server will be celebrating it's 9th Anniversary.

    Also on September 8th, Second Breakfast will be celebrating it's 9th Anniversary.



    This year, we would like to invite the entire server to celebrate with us! We want this year to be about Crickhollow, and it's wonderful players! This is about you! Every player, every Kinship, we invite you to join us in creating the largest Anniversary Celebration in Crickhollow's history.


    As usual, Second Breakfast will be hosting music concerts, games, contests, other fun events, and of course the weekly RT run! But this year, we'd like to invite every Kinship to become involved in the party, and every player to come! Let's introduce all the new players and solo players to the world of family and community!

    We're looking for Role-Playing Kinships to host Special Anniversary RP Events, to introduce new players to RPing with Epic stories.

    We're looking for Raiding Kinships to do a series of Anniversary Runs, from elite-geared runs to introductory/training runs.

    We're looking for Crafting Kinships to hold giveaways of gear and food.

    We're looking for Streamers, VBloggers, Twitchers, and Youtubers to help advertise and join in on the fun.

    We're looking for any Kinship, or single player, that may have an idea for a game, contest, or other event.

    And we're looking for players and Kinships to join us in all the fun!



    We've already been in contact with several other Kinships such as We Happy Few, who have something extraordinary planned for that weekend, but we're not going to limit ourselves to just a few Kinships, just a few ideas. Let's show all of Lotro why Crickhollow is one of the best servers to play on, by puting on the best Anniversary Party ever!

    If you have an idea, or just want to help in any way, please contact an Officer in Second Breakfast in-game, or IM Pontin or I right here, or just post below.


    Updates forthcoming...
    Luventhariel and Appletart of Second Breakfast, Crickhollow

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    9

    Lotto Time

    This is spellbound. Crickhollow and Second Breakfast kinship. 9th Anniversary on September the 8th. The 13 colonies rename them self's, United States of America September 9th, 1776. So you have this odd equation 9x9x3=243+1776=2019. This will be a Most Excellent Party. And the Whole-Earth wouldn't know what is happening.
    Thank You for the Great News

    Regards Pinky

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,384
    This is wonderful, and the bigger the better!

    I am not in a kin* but I'm happy to help with the anniversary raid runs. I've led many successful Draigoch t2 and t2c on Crick over the years (all PUGs), so can offer this one. Also have led multiple Tower of Orthanc t2c runs, but that one is indeed a challenge successfully completed all challenges only twice.

    Feel free to PM to discuss more, or just reply and I'll check back forums more often.

    Some alts still need Moria instance deeds, so on a lighter side, would be happy to organize some anniversary Moria runs for any on-level alts who need some LP farming in there .

    Level 85 Erebor raids barely get run anymore at all, and I'm less familiar with those (tried them just once each), but can do these too for nostalgia. The more the merrier, right?

    _____
    * Technically, just a solo kin for me and my alts
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    476
    Please keep the updates coming and advertise widely once the event is set... I missed Shirefest this year due to lack of announcements/ visibility

    Perhaps also worth posting in Events subforum once the program is set, so more players will see. Hope to make it there, but I also don't check forums very often and hope I won't miss the specifics. Maybe Cordovan can post a word of support with dev tracker turned on, in this thread after event program is announced, for more public visibility.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,972
    To keep you updated, The Kinship "We Happy Few" will be doing a Hide and seek event across Middle-earth and a huge pile of Points to win, can't remember how much more details will post soon.

    Second Breakfast will be doing impression contest, all who enter will have exactly 1 min entertain us. using emote and telling story or what ever you come with. More details soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    This is wonderful, and the bigger the better!

    I am not in a kin* but I'm happy to help with the anniversary raid runs. I've led many successful Draigoch t2 and t2c on Crick over the years (all PUGs), so can offer this one. Also have led multiple Tower of Orthanc t2c runs, but that one is indeed a challenge successfully completed all challenges only twice.

    Feel free to PM to discuss more, or just reply and I'll check back forums more often.

    Some alts still need Moria instance deeds, so on a lighter side, would be happy to organize some anniversary Moria runs for any on-level alts who need some LP farming in there .

    Level 85 Erebor raids barely get run anymore at all, and I'm less familiar with those (tried them just once each), but can do these too for nostalgia. The more the merrier, right?

    _____
    * Technically, just a solo kin for me and my alts
    doing some Raids sounds fun for those who like raiding, or want try it out, will see about that, we have a whole weekend around the 8th to do stuff
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Aug 16 2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,972

    Impression Contest



    as the Poster says, Now all who enter will have 1 minute to tell us a story which is the challenge, no theme or anything just use your imagination and come up with something fun!
    the only rule is it can't be longer then 1 minute
    How to enter? you can just Mail Pontin or Belladonea in game or PM here on forums with your characters name and that you like to enter!
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,624
    Oh hey, realized I've not put this into the Dev Tracker for a proper shout out. Very cool!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    To keep you updated, The Kinship "We Happy Few" will be doing a Hide and seek event across Middle-earth and a huge pile of Points to win, can't remember how much more details will post soon.
    Here are the details for the Hide and Seek events September 7th.

    There will be 2 Hide and Seek events - one at 5 pm central time for players levels 1 - 50, and another one at 8 pm central for players 51 - 120. In each event, there will be a riddle given in world chat as a clue to the first hiding spot. When players figure out that riddle and reach the first hidden person, they will be given the next riddle in IM - for their eyes only. (We will be keeping track of who reaches each hiding spot - if you do not check in at the previous hiding spot, you will not receive the next riddle - so no skipping.) This IM riddle will tell you where to find the next hidden person (2nd hiding spot), who will then give the last riddle in IM.

    In other words, you will have to find all 3 of us. Yes, that's 3 riddles. YOU MUST HAVE GONE TO EACH LOCATION TO WIN A PRIZE.

    Prizes include (for each event) - 1st - 23,000 LP, 2nd - 10,000 LP, 3rd - 5,000 LP, 4th - 2,500 LP, 5th - 1,550 LP, 6th - 500 gold, 7th - 400 gold, 8th - 300 gold, 9th - 200 gold, 10th - 100 gold

    We must put a time limit on each event since we are running 2 events. EACH EVENT WILL RUN FOR 2 AND 1/2 HOURS MAX although I'm sure it won't take that long to get 10 winners.

    Any questions, you can IM or message me (Elainiel) or Cubethanc in game.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaineya View Post
    Here are the details for the Hide and Seek events September 7th.

    There will be 2 Hide and Seek events - one at 5 pm central time for players levels 1 - 50, and another one at 8 pm central for players 51 - 120. In each event, there will be a riddle given in world chat as a clue to the first hiding spot. When players figure out that riddle and reach the first hidden person, they will be given the next riddle in IM - for their eyes only. (We will be keeping track of who reaches each hiding spot - if you do not check in at the previous hiding spot, you will not receive the next riddle - so no skipping.) This IM riddle will tell you where to find the next hidden person (2nd hiding spot), who will then give the last riddle in IM.

    In other words, you will have to find all 3 of us. Yes, that's 3 riddles. YOU MUST HAVE GONE TO EACH LOCATION TO WIN A PRIZE.

    Prizes include (for each event) - 1st - 23,000 LP, 2nd - 10,000 LP, 3rd - 5,000 LP, 4th - 2,500 LP, 5th - 1,550 LP, 6th - 500 gold, 7th - 400 gold, 8th - 300 gold, 9th - 200 gold, 10th - 100 gold

    We must put a time limit on each event since we are running 2 events. EACH EVENT WILL RUN FOR 2 AND 1/2 HOURS MAX although I'm sure it won't take that long to get 10 winners.

    Any questions, you can IM or message me (Elainiel) or Cubethanc in game.
    For the 51-120 crowd, make sure all 3 spots are reachable/accessible by level 51 players. It's obvious but easy to overlook.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload