We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    What happens if I eat too much Lembas?

I can not eat a whole week

Too much lembas? There can never be too much lembas.
    Or can there?
    Sam and Frodo had Lembas bread as a staple near the end of their journey, and like most uniquely Elven foodstuffs, Lembas has the quality of keeping one going even with such a restricted diet.
    "Eat little at a time, and only at need. For these things are given to serve you when all else fails."
    They strike me as somewhat of an emergency energy boost rather than something to be eaten consistantly. Like an energy bar, all those calories would go right to your thighs.

And then you blow up.
    -Askelin: 120 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    (Laurelin)

What happens if you eat too much Lembas?

Nothing. There's no such thing as 'too much Lembas'.

Too much lembas . . .

You start wholesale procrastinating due to a mistaken belief you will live forever.

Obviously you turn into a hobbit!

Hrm...that IS an interesting question! The elves specifically tell the company that one bite at a time should sustain you as if you'd eaten a meal, and there are references to an entire loaf/leaf (?) of the bread keeping a soldier on his feet all day. It's been a while since I read the books, but is there a brief interaction between Sam and Frodo toward the end of their journey indicating that they were tired of it? That although it tasted lovely, it just wasn't as filling for them as the many meals to which they were accustomed (not that that's surprising in any way; I can't imagine ANY single serving of ANYTHING keeping a hobbit fed for an entire day.)

But none of that answers the question, so I can only guess. My guess is this: since it is described as a bread/cake, I would assume that your stomach would eventually swell up and at the very least, you'd feel uncomfortable. I can't imagine Elven food of any kind making anyone sick (unless you're evil - whole other story), but I imagine that the lembas came with a consumption amount warning means that there are at least *some* negative effects of eating too much. As prosaic as it is, my guess is that swelling, constipation and mild nausea are the worst effects you could get.

Lame answer, I know - my apologies, I will try to do better next week.

With warm regards,
    Khally

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Don't forget to reply below to the weekly comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, August 1st. Good luck!
    You get FED UP

As it's Elven food, I suppose you'd gain a superiority complex and a distrust of Dwarves.

A Balrog fart muahaha
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Impossible eat more than enough - magical food

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... Don't forget to reply below to the weekly comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, August 1st. Good luck!
    I get enough calories to play a all day long LOTRO marathon! By the way, here is my version of lembas:

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The fabled waybread of the Elves. Lembas is renowned for its sweet flavour and renewing virtue. One Lembas have enough calories to sustain a grown up human all day long!

Ingredients:

1/4 pound your choice of *fish filet
    1 cup of wheat flour
    1/2 tablespoon of Baking Powder (optional if you like them fluffy)
    1/3 tablespoon of salt (if the fish is unsalted)
    2/4 cup tomatoes sauce
    1/4 cup of water (from the same water used to boil the fish)
    3 sweet peppers (1 green, 1 red & 1 yellow)
    1/2 garlic
    1/2 onion
    5 cilanter leafs
    1 tablespoon of coriander
    1/2 tablespoon of basil
    Vegetable oil (i prefer corn oil for its sweetness, but any your favorite oil will work well)

Instructions:
    Boil then ground well the fish. Cut the peppers, onions & leafs in tinny bits. Ground well the garlic. Add all the flour & herbs in the order that they are written above. All herbs quantity can vary depending your personal taste. Mix well. Heat the oil on a pan till it boils. Add the mix to the oil in small cakes of 2 spoons each. Cook till they are firm & golden. Remove from the oil right after they are cook.

*Vegans can also enjoy this recipe by simply not adding fish or replacing it with shrooms, beans or nuts.

Best served when still warm but is a nice treat to carry when required sustain on a long travel. Enjoy your meal!

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

You unlock the title "The Lembastic"
    This Space Is Reserved.

You might get a reputation for being a "Cake-eater"... The bounders might not let you back in the Shire if they hear about it. You know they prefer "Pie Mavens"!
    Jimi Thornshield, Dwarf Guardian
    Mithril League kinship on Anor. ml.shivtr.com
    Follow Jimi's adventures on Twitter! @JThornshield

You become so light that you can walk on top of the snow. .

You won't sleep for 100 years!
    I hear the jury's still out on science...

You will not have enough Lembas to return the Shire from Mordor
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Congratulations, you have won this weeks contest!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeedog View Post
    Nothing, except that you run out of lembas too soon.
    Congratulations, you have won this weeks contest!

Please check your forum mailbox for your points code. You can insert the code in the redeem code box within the LOTRO store to receive your points.

I suppose I'll feel perfect. I'm an elf!
    "It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
    Bilbo Baggins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3