We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 24.2 - Preview #1 - Release Notes

Bullroarer has been updated to build 2402.0061.5626.4413.

Bullroarer will be available until Thursday (7/25) 12:00pm EST. Time is subject to change!

The player database has been wiped!

Interlude: Shades in the Swamp

Darkness has fallen upon the Vales of Anduin, and Gandalf needs your help to safeguard the Woodmen and Beornings who live nearby. This new on-ramp for owners of the Black Book of Mordor allows you to pick up the story with Gandalf inside the Beorninghús, and serves as a prologue for adventures to come in Imlad Morgul!

Shades in the Swamp: The Path to Gladdenmere

A rock slide in the Vales of Anduin has opened up the Gladdenmere high above the Gladden Fields. Radagast now seeks answers to the mysterious shades encroaching upon the low-lands from that mysterious mountain lake. For those who have completed the adventures in the Vales of Anduin, visit any major landmark to begin your journey to the Gladdenmere.

Scion Difficulty System

The Scion difficulty system allows players to select an Instance difficulty ranging between Tier 1 and Tier 5 that adds particularly challenging enemies along with occasional new mechanics along with new rewards! Scion-buffed enemies can appear starting at Tier 4, and higher tiers have a higher chance for Scions to appear. Opening any boss chest above Tier 2 will result in the items being generated with a higher item level bonus. Opening a final boss chest above Tier 4 results in a chance for special epic gear to appear. This gear is not filtered by class, and can be traded after it appears.

News and Notes:

Classes

Captain
    • Captain Skill and Effect progressions have been normalized.
    • Many skill execution and animation times have been shortened.
    • Most heals have had their magnitude increased.
    • Most damage skills have had their magnitude increased.
    • Revealing Mark has been adjusted to now place a triggered area of effect on the target. The effect is triggered by any skill attack pulsing a 6.5% heal within 10 meters up to once every five seconds.
    • Words of Courage is now primarily a heal over time effect with a 30s duration.
    • Grave Wound has had its base cooldown reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
    • Valiant Strike has had its base cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 seconds, and its healing over time component increased in intensity but reduced in duration.
    • Muster Courage has had its cooldown reduced from 20 to 10 seconds.
    • Standard of Honor's pulse rate has been lowered, but its healing pulse magnitude has been increased.
    • Fighting Withdraw's parry bonus has been reduced from 60% to 40%, its cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 60 seconds, and its duration reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • Strength in Numbers' pulse rate has been reduced, but its magnitude has been increased.
    • Fixed an issue where the healing magnitude of Banner of Honour was incorrect.
    • Cry of Vengeance can no longer be used while moving.
    • Steeled Resolve now provides its correct +2/4/6/8% Maximum Morale bonus.
    • Eärendil's Fury no longer provides a defeat event, but instead provides a large damage bonus when it has a full stack.
    • An array of Elvish Captain heralds and archers has been added.
    • Herald and Archer damage, morale, and mitigation has been increased.

Crafting
    • A new tier of essences called Gladdenmere Essences is now available for crafting.

Items
    • Fixed an issue with the Silverback Badger cosmetic pet that could cause a crashing issue.
    • Gear that appears in the Grey Mountains three and six-person instances can now only increase its item level by one instead of five.
    • Corrected an issue where Anvil of Winterstith Tier 3 package items were displaying the incorrect item level during selection.

Quests and Adventure Areas
    • Fixed a stuck spot at the Beorninghús.
    • Corrected a death spot in Bree-town.
    • Fixed an issue where the cave entrance in western Angmar would not display correctly.

UI
    • Virtue trait display stats now use the level-based cap rather than the maximum cap.

Known Issues:
    • Captain - 'Strength in Numbers' magnitude is not currently set at its correct level.
    • There are issues with some textures and normal mapping in various locations throughout the world.
    • Quest - Unfortunate Orcs - can not be completed.
    • Gandalf is currently not available in Grimbeorn's Lodge.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Jul 23 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Normally don't have any issues with updating, but getting this atm?
    (it was updating as expected but seemed to die out half way & now getting this on restart)

Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

alright, lets test this, I'll reserve this slot for detailed feedback :P

I'll continuously update this post as I progress through the testing.

Notes:

pleas see topic ---> Captain buglist

Blue
    • Animation of Muster courage has been fastened, but the heal that should happen on expiration does not come in, this probably due the shortened length. Also, the high elf captain operates differently here, they get the heal immediately. -->
      (After fully testing this through, the heal comes once you use a skill to cut off the animation of Muster courage. please see > https://youtu.be/HcC93frhQr8
    • Standard of honour still lacks a bit in healing, I would consider taking the yellow one, or a else a blue hybrid red build. since standard of honour has no crit to its HoT. Standard of Honour is more like Standard of jokes. :P
    • After extensive testing, I came to the conclusion that there seems to be an issue with Inspiriting presence. Whenever ISP triggers, it sometimes suddenly disappears. It also does not let all your heals proc as it say it should. For example, the following skills during ISP do NOT always crit
      • Valiant strike
      • Gallant Display
      • Rallyingcry
      • Inspire
    • Valour tier 5 which should make valiant strike crit 100% inorder to trigger Inspiriting presence seems not always to work either. This consumed the Valour buff, but does not trigger crit Valiant strike / ISP. Please see --> https://youtu.be/1U8cIY8djvI
      ISP was not on CD either.
    • MC selfheal has absurd differences in healing. When healing normally, the heal is between 3 to 8 k. When healing on crit, its between 40 and 80k -> [07/23 03:24:23 PM] Muster Courage - Self heal applied a critical heal to Zaheer restoring 47,552 points to Morale.
    • Revealing mark cannot be used on other targets, like creeps, freeps (spar) etc etc.
    • Once Valour reaches tier 5, its supposed to burst a massive AOE heal around you. This passive heal is not affected by crit magnitude, nor scaled. (still is like 2k)
    • This heal is also not scaled properly.
    • Cry of Vengeance cannot be used while moving, please reverse this change. Despite the jump rezzing bug, I rather have that than being forced in place for a rez.
    • Cry of Vengeance provides 480 to every stat, cept for vitality, which is 450
    • Cry of Vengeance provides 27k physical mitigation. Which is Armour value on live servers. I like the change, though I would rather see some tactical mitigation being added to this aswell, as anything from the "hands of healing" line mostly provides tactical mitigation. (pls no armour value btw)
    • Cry of Vengeance -25% atk duration doesn't seem to add up, or simply gets overwritten by pen cry atk speed buff / time of need.
    • Heal bonus to Inspire (Song-Brother) from Gallant Display buff only affects initial heal, not heal-over-time component. (Affects both components for power-restore.)
    • Honourable blow trait adds a incoming healing buff to the fellowship when valiant strike is used on a target with revealing mark. Though, this incoming healing buff is not triggered. (Assumption is that it's not shifted to the new revealing mark)

Yellow
    • Last stand does still not properly reflect the current heal that it should offer upon expiration. -> [07/22 11:57:04 PM] Last Stand Heal applied a heal to Zaheer restoring 8,920 points to Morale.
    • Elendil's Boon reduces 20% dmg on one tick, while our hardened provides -15% dmg reduction for a 15 sec long. Please make it something more useful, it almost seems useless unless u time the hardened state exactly on the last second and follow up with hardened again.
    • Exampler heal from yellow line does not reflect the current lvl/pool --> [07/24 03:53:31 PM] Exemplar applied a heal to Zaheer restoring 349 points to Morale.
    • ELENDIL'S FURY defeat event has been removed, instead a LARGE damage has been applied (its not large tho, rather pathetic ). However, since when does a tank need to deal damage? *shrugs*
    • SiN Strength in Numbers does not meet the proper scaling (ALREADY KNOWN)
    • Noble mark damage over time does not reflect the current scaling.
    • Yellow line is a tanking line that allows the captain to do more damage while being a tank. Though, within current meta, having a shield is a lot better. Therefor, I think there should come a buff towards the use of 2-handed weapons to counter shield use

Red
    • Shadow's Lament not triggering Battle-readied. (After testing, I came to the conclusion that shadow lament ONLY triggers readied when the animation is being cut. Same bug as MC selfheal.)
    • Cutting edge does not trigger the 30% critical magnitude bonus that we're supposed to have upon using cutting attack. My assumption is that this is the very same bug as MC selfheal and shadowlament.
    • Grave wound has been nerfed down to 10 seconds duration, please bring it back up. I understand the shift to make the rotation more smooth, but potable captain bleeds that last only 10 seconds? comon, captains without swaps will do no AOE damage. This hurts overall AOE dps a lot.
    • DPS overall seems to be lacking greatly, though a lot of things are bugged, so I'll wait for build #2
    • Rotation still feels clunky, I still get gaps when I rotate through my captain.
    • Master of War still gets consumed by a crit on revealing mark OR Oathbreaker's Shame --> [07/23 04:57:43 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Revealing Mark on the DPS target dummy.
    • Time of Need gets overlapped by penetrating cry
    • Penetrating cry overlaps attack duration of other classes e.g. Beornings were get significantly slowed by this. Someone reported me that they fixed this, but perhaps this was on the beorn, rather than the cause of the bug -> pen cry itself.
    • Shadow lament damage has been scaled down according to some captains, though I'm not sure if this is true. But maybe shadow lament needs to be scaled up as for devastating blow to maintain the classic characteristics of a captain, that being burst damage.

Other
    • Fear resist above rank 35 still bugs out captain buffs like to arms. see https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nk-debug-guide
    • Lend Courage from the herald does not reflect properly on the current pool/lvl
    • Banners are clunky, but my guess is that it wont be changed.
    • Idome - In Defense of Middle Earth has every stat on 513, except for vitality. I assume this is a small error.
    • Idome - In Defense of Middle Earth and motivation are unavailable when being mounted.
    • I havent been able to test this one: Fighting withdrawal gets disabled by stun immunity from a lore-master.

other notes:

I've asked players their feedback when they tested and played a captain. This can either be first time or for a limited time. All of them tell me it feels slow, or clunky. Though, a captain is known to be slow, but heavy in burst. However, I feel like the captain should be returned to what it once was. High burst, but slow APS, this also avoid you getting gaps inside captain rotations. But I'll leave this to the devs, I do not mind either of those 2 options, but other may do.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Jul 26 2019 at 03:03 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

Quote Originally Posted by Knight. View Post
    (it was updating as expected but seemed to die out half way & now getting this on restart)

That error seems to be common, I've seen asked about a lot on Discord by players who update the lotro client, I am unsure how to fix it though, however I just updated Beta with no issues today.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    The player database has been wiped!

Virtue trait display stats now use the level-based cap rather than the maximum cap.

Can someone explain these please?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    The player database being wiped means that players must copy their characters over to Bullroarer again, as the characters were deleted from the server.

"Virtue trait display stats now use the level-based cap rather than the maximum cap."
    I think this one means that the new virtue system now shows its caps based of whatever the cap is for your character level. I don't know the cutoffs myself, but say at level 50, virtues are capped at 30. That means that if you get them to 30, they will not look like you can advance them any further than that until you reach the next cap increase (probably at level 60 I'm guessing). That's just my guess though. I might be wrong.

Time to dust off my cappy! Great to see some captain love.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    database wipe refers to the Bullroarer server only. For testing purposes, the database on Bullroarer is subject to deletion after every beta update. Meaning any characters that were made on bullroarer are deleted. You will either need to copy a character over from the live servers (this is free and does not affect your character on live) or make a new character on bullroarer to test the update.

The max virtue level your character can have on any virtue is determined by your character level. This stops unbalanced characters (like a level 20 having 12k morale from virtues alone). This update seeks to show you what the current virtue point cap is for your character based on their current level when you check the virtue tab out.
    -Askelin: 120 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    (Laurelin)

Captain
    • Revealing Mark has been adjusted to now place a triggered area of effect on the target. The effect is triggered by any skill attack pulsing a 6.5% heal within 10 meters up to once every five seconds.
    • Words of Courage is now primarily a heal over time effect with a 30s duration.
    • Valiant Strike has had its base cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 seconds, and its healing over time component increased in intensity but reduced in duration.
    • Standard of Honor's pulse rate has been lowered, but its healing pulse magnitude has been increased.
    • Fighting Withdraw's parry bonus has been reduced from 60% to 40%, its cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 60 seconds, and its duration reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • Strength in Numbers' pulse rate has been reduced, but its magnitude has been increased.
    • Eärendil's Fury no longer provides a defeat event, but instead provides a large damage bonus when it has a full stack.

LOVE all of this. Will help yellow rotation significantly and overall healing and dps, which have felt low for a while.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Scion Difficulty System

The Scion difficulty system allows players to select an Instance difficulty ranging between Tier 1 and Tier 5 that adds particularly challenging enemies along with occasional new mechanics along with new rewards! Scion-buffed enemies can appear starting at Tier 4, and higher tiers have a higher chance for Scions to appear. Opening any boss chest above Tier 2 will result in the items being generated with a higher item level bonus. Opening a final boss chest above Tier 4 results in a chance for special epic gear to appear. This gear is not filtered by class, and can be traded after it appears.
    This is a pretty stupid decision in my opinion. Finding groups both willing to and capable of completing t3 instances is already painful enough. Now you're trying to make the pool of viable fellowship members even smaller by introducing even higher tiers? Also, if t3 can only be completed once a week because of instance locks, does this mean t4 is once every 2 weeks and t5 is once every month?

Complaints on tiered difficulty aside, I feel like there needs to be more of an explanation about this scion system. What exactly is a scion-buffed enemy? Is it just a normal trash mob that is buffed even further, or is it some sort of special miniboss that gives special rewards when you defeat it? Also, what is meant by having a "higher chance for Scions to appear"? If these mobs are not guaranteed to be inside instances, you are really screwing over players if you maintain instance locks the way they are currently. RNG-dependency is not a good thing, especially when combined with something like instance locks that are meant to gate progression. This will just end up resulting in frustration for players if we have yet another RNG system being gated behind weekly locks.

Captain
    I will reserve judgement on Cappy changes for now since Bullroarer is still updating for me, but for the most part, this sounds like a step in the right direction. There's a few changes that sound weird and out of place, but I'll cover those in a later post with the rest of my feedback on these changes.

Crafting
    • A new tier of essences called Gladdenmere Essences is now available for crafting.
    Is it really necessary to introduce yet another tier of essences? The latest tier is still not even two months old yet. The vast majority of players haven't even updated most of their gear yet. This constant regearing is a big part of what drives players to say "screw it" and not bother. I know that I have.

Items
    • Gear that appears in the Grey Mountains three and six-person instances can now only increase its item level by one instead of five.
    Why? This just seems like a pointless nerf to people who haven't yet geared up. There is already so much of a grind this update. Why make it worse where you force people to grind each tier so they can be ready for the next one?

I couldn't find Gandalf inside the Lodge after getting the quest from Radagast, so, unless I am missing something, in this build we can only test the new tiers in the existing instances and the captain changes?
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Captain
    I see no actual changes to captain damaging abilities aside from a 1-2k increaase on tooltips, this is no where near the kind of dps bump that is needed.

Muster courage's traited heal from blue is currently not working (Courageous Conviction). Rather, as stipulated further up, you need to cut muster-courage animation with an instant skill to be rewarded with the heal.

Earendil's Fury change makes absolutely no sense (also the tooltip buff claims it rewards a defeat response, which it does not) - 'the large damage bonus' results in a 10k hit (when tank-equipped), which firstly, is laughable because 10k, really? and secondly, why on earth do we have a damage buff as our tanking capstone???

The apparent increase to the Valiant Strike HoT is also no where to be found?

Applying revealing mark now puts the user in combat with the target whereby previously revealing and telling were passive marks, and the revealing mark heal seems to be applying every 3s rather than every 5s as stipulated.

Shadows Lament is also broken and no longer puts you into a battle-readied state after usage.

Certain captain animations have been sped-up on Human captains however the same animations have not been sped up on high-elf captains (Routing cry for example).
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Jul 22 2019 at 06:10 PM.

Scion Difficulty System Feedback

We ran Thikil Gundu T5, finished whole run in about 40 minutes with 5 people.

Some actual feedback now:
    • Scions can be random on any mobs or boss, this is gonna bring a big inbalance.
    • Scion can be resetted to have different one if you reset boss/trash pull
    • Fire puddle is poorly scaled. Deals only 18 fire damage (screenshoot)
    • If you get combination of Scion of Spite + Defiance you will not be able to deal any damage

It feels very rushed, unfinished changes without really any idea how to work together with current content. Other then that, didn't see any new drops, we got a bunch of random blue/purple gear:

Instance overall is very easy, mobs have way less morale which is fine, but they are doing absolutely 0 dmg. Bosses aswell, most mechanics got removed from Thikil Gundu T5 which made T3 like 3x harder then the one on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    alright, lets test this, I'll reserve this slot for detailed feedback :P

I'll continuously update this post as I progress through the testing.

Notes:

Blue
    • Animation of Muster courage has been fastened, but the heal that should happen on expiration does not come in, this probably due the shortened length. Also, the high elf captain operates differently here, they get the heal immediately. (After fully testing this through, the heal comes once you use a skill to cut off the animation of Muster courage. please see > https://youtu.be/HcC93frhQr8
    • Muster courage - selfheal does not give the proper amount of healing it should give.

Yellow
    • Last stand does still not properly reflect the current heal that it should offer upon expiration. -> [07/22 11:57:04 PM] Last Stand Heal applied a heal to Zaheer restoring 8,920 points to Morale.

Red

Other
    Shadow's lament no longer grants battle-readied state.

-The Monster Play character selection screen has been updated.

Anyone can post a screenshot? I'd like to see how it looks like, but too lazy to download Bullroarer just for that. Thanks!
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Nice to see that devs even not create "Captain Class Update Feedback" thread. It's clearly show how important for them to do normal update. With same level of contact, there is no strange, that bugs exists for years, and skills do'not scale with any levelcap update, like it's must be done.
    I will be fun to see stream of one of them with doing intersting quests and deeds on cappy.

vastin, it would be helpful if we actually had essences in BR :P

we cant buy dwarrowgleams or essences in BR :P
    WhiteGoliath

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    This is a pretty stupid decision in my opinion. Finding groups both willing to and capable of completing t3 instances is already painful enough. Now you're trying to make the pool of viable fellowship members even smaller by introducing even higher tiers? Also, if t3 can only be completed once a week because of instance locks, does this mean t4 is once every 2 weeks and t5 is once every month?

Complaints on tiered difficulty aside, I feel like there needs to be more of an explanation about this scion system. What exactly is a scion-buffed enemy? Is it just a normal trash mob that is buffed even further, or is it some sort of special miniboss that gives special rewards when you defeat it? Also, what is meant by having a "higher chance for Scions to appear"? If these mobs are not guaranteed to be inside instances, you are really screwing over players if you maintain instance locks the way they are currently. RNG-dependency is not a good thing, especially when combined with something like instance locks that are meant to gate progression. This will just end up resulting in frustration for players if we have yet another RNG system being gated behind weekly locks.
    It may be too soon to see the final implementation of this, but ATM, T5 chests follow the same lock mechanic as T3. The chest has the same name and the same number of completions (1 favoured/9 common) but not sure if they share the same cooldown or are independent. So no 2 or 4 week lock time.
    Also, in this build, difficulty of T5 is lower than current T3 on Live: Morale buffs are x1 / x2 / x3 / x3.5 / x4 for T1-5 instead of x1 / x6 for T1 and T3 on Live. And starting health pools are the same in T1, so you get enemies that have half of their max health on Live in T3, two-thirds in T5. So you clear T5 instances faster than you would clear T3 on Live (which is already a good thing).

Scions are random enemies that get random special buffs for themselves/close mobs/both. You can think of it as Skirmish Lieutenants, except they can replace any mob in the instance and are not announced. They just have extra Morale (75% more) and mechanics, as well as a purple ring on their portrait. So far we've seen Scions that reduce your moving speed close to them, that reduce other mobs's incoming damage, that are immune to all except melee damage... and there are probably more.
    Here is an example :

They don't give themselves bonus loot, you just have a chance at a better loot in the final chest, such as Epic-quality helmets, cloaks, and wrists, which you can see here : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...17#post7947917
    I think Scions are guaranteed to appear in instances, you just won't know where. Presently we had an archer in the last pack before Thruglok and a goblin in the second wave of adds of Gast/Nul's fight in Glimmerdeep T5. People have considered bosses could be Scions as well, but given the probability of that, I don't want to try running 50+ T5 runs just to check. Basically you just have to fight your way through and get possibly an item at the end. Not sure it changes anything to have them killed or not in the case of bypassable packs.
    LotRO player and Doer of Great Deeds on Sirannon [FR] since August 15, 2011.
    Officer of the Children of Arda (Les Enfants d'Arda) kinship on Sirannon and Editor on the French Lotro-wiki (Lotro-wiki.fr).

Eärendil's Fury no longer provides a defeat event, but instead provides a large damage bonus when it has a full stack.
    Elendil's Fury (assuming "Eärendil's Fury" is typing error or the high elf equivalent) is a capstone in our tanking line (which has been broken for so long). I can understand, that the intended "fix" here seems to have been to remove the defeat response element and boost the damage element to compensate for the loss. However, I would much rather see Elendil's Fury provide a tanking bonus as oppose to a damage bonus. At least with a defeat response we would be able to use routing cry stun and try to get our evade buff up.

As others have mentioned (unless you use kick to cut the animation which is not as intended)

• Shadows Lament broken, as it does not trigger battle hardened
    • Muster Courage with heal broken, as does not trigger heal
    • Improved Cutting Attack broken as it does not trigger the +30% critical damage multiplier buff anymore
      I would also like to see cutting attack reduced to 10 seconds also as in aoe situation we normally want to hit this before grave wound
      + capt rotation still feels a little clunky and has some dead space for which this cd reduction would help
    • Improved Grave Wound buff no longer appearing as it is on live

Additionally:

• In Defence of Middle Earth: all base stats are +513 at level 120, but vitality only +483
    • Cry of Vengeance: all base stats +480, but vitality is only +450
    • Cry of Vengeance: on Live gives +24,584 armour value, on BR gives +27,142 physical mitigation (tested using rez so not just tooltip error).
      In my opinion this should now grant 27,142 armour value instead.
    • Cry of Vengeance: no longer usable when moving (I suspect in an attempt to prevent jump rezzes)
      However, this will not prevent jump rezzes, which are caused due to last minute punts. Therefore would prefer to see this change reversed.

Also, just wondering about all other feedback provided, like master of war, auto-crit only supporting melee and ranged dps and not tactical classes + other bugs we have highlighted?
    Last edited by Knight.; Jul 24 2019 at 11:13 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    LOVE all of this. Will help yellow rotation significantly and overall healing and dps, which have felt low for a while.
    Yup. Not just low for awhile, but LOW. Daily instances on a red line captain are slow and tedious, even when geared up.

I noticed recently, though probably not a surprise, that my champion was getting better heals in red line (by critting often on some skills) than my red-line captain would get with rallying cry and revealing mark combined. This is nearly the opposite of when I first played these classes back in SoA days, where the champion did more damage but had to rest between fights whereas my captain ran quickly to the next fight because he was healed up, with the result that the captain was more fun and getting through combat quickly. Today getting the captain through new content is a chore, and in landscape content my captain gets to practice a full and thorough skill rotation in every single fight.

I'm just hoping that these "increased" numbers are significant, not just a piddly 10% boost. I'd like to see something more similar to my lore master in the landscape content, which feels somewhat between the too-easy champion and too-tedious captain.

Changes listed seem to peter out after the first four lines, so that it has a bit of worry that this isn't a revamp but yet another set of tweaks that don't really fix the underlying problems.

- Lower animation times is fine, but when yellow-line captain it's the attack speed overall that is too slow (even with inserting sure-strike between each skill).
    - Grave wound cooldown is nice, I was finding this annoying just this weekend trying to round up aggro.
    - Revealing mark change sounds like less healing, especially for those characters not up in the front line.
    - Cry of Vengeance. It's supposed to be an easy to use and fast skill, and it's going to be quite annoying to get the "you can't do that while moving" message and have to try again and stand still while in the middle of a fight where things are starting to fall apart.
    - Elvish heralds are nice. But I'd like to see some overall cleanup to herald cosmetics and the useless armements (different herald looks now actually have different morale, and possibly other stats). Armaments would be good to have as an extra item (if we had a slot), similar to lore master pets jewelry.

Has someone already tested if the new tiers are only for the instances or anvil too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Has someone already tested if the new tiers are only for the instances or anvil too?
    Just the instances.

Edit: I also found the new 6-man entrance. Its at the base of the new Dwarf Ruin K-K in the new Gladdenmere area. The 6 man isn't added yet obviously but for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight. View Post
    Close the game rename or delete these three files in your LoTRO game folder:

client_highres.dat

client_highres_aux_1.datx

client_highres_aux_2.datx

Relaunch the game. It will take a while to download them again but it should resolve your issue

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    Just the instances.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    I couldn't find Gandalf inside the Lodge after getting the quest from Radagast, so, unless I am missing something, in this build we can only test the new tiers in the existing instances and the captain changes?
    I think there are two quests involving Gandalf. One is for Radagast and the Gladdenmere. The other is for the Black Blook Interlude. Since they generally keep the Black Book off of Bullroarer, Gandalf is hidden and thus the Radagast quest is blocked.

Feedback for the captain changes:

I just tested redline,
    the damage increase was not very noticeable and could need a little improvement in my opinion.

The 3 Debuffs, could need scaling or/and changes:
    The Light of Elendil Dot is still way too small, it just ticks every 5 seconds, so 6 times over its whole duration. 6x1200k is not very much^^ you can x10 the damage and it still would not be that strong. So maby change it to a debuff on the enemy, like: the target takes an additional 10% light damage or smth.
    The Armour Rend from the Pet is more or less fine, but I would change it to and %debuff to prevent terrible scaling with future updates (maby -5% physical mits).
    Lead the Charge, procs if the captain crits his target, I mean the debuff is fine, but a little increase here would not be that terrible (maby to +5% inc mele dmg).
    The captain pet skills are still very weak, maby give them a utility spell that is usefull. A banner Herold should inspire the group, the 2% mitigation guy is good, but the +mele/ranged/tactical damage herold not that much and the archer is just very situational.

Changes i would like to have seen, but its probably to late now:
    Keep revealing mark how it was (maby change the 15% to 5 or 10% ish), but instead of, that every one heals from his own damage, the revealing mark just heals dependent from the captains damage, in an area around him. That would have made the captain a bit more skill dependent, because if you dont deal damage as a captain, your group around you would not get any or enough heal.

Since the Loremaster is the best friend of hunters and Rk's (debuffs firemits by an unfair amount), why not change the captain to the best friend of meles, with more debuffs to physmits or and increase of mele damage.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast