We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

@devs - Any chance of changing or removing raid locks?

Hi devs!

Any chance of changing the raid locks rule, or removing them altogether?

Case in point: on Sunday I ran the first two bosses only of Throne of the Dread Terror at T1. This was the first time doing Throne on this character.

Last night, I got an invite to go along with a T2 group, and lo and behold, the raid wouldn’t start with me in the group. I checked /raid locks and the group options panel and I had a flag 15, so can’t run any tier for three days. On the group options, it says I have cleared stages 1-4, when I have only ever done 1 and 2.

Please change the system so at the least it only affects individuals, and you don’t inherit the locks of other players, just because you joined their group for a different run. This would not in any way affect fairness and seems a no-brainer.

Thanks!

Edit: It’s also really inconvenient for other players when they have spent half an hour getting a group together only to find somebody is blocking the run with a lock they didn’t know they had. I feel like I messed people about last night and that just puts people off playing; when their time is wasted in that way.
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Jul 16 2019 at 04:56 AM.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Am I the only person who thinks this? It seems odd that that would be the case - maybe there's a very good reason I'm missing somewhere...

The raid locks in Throne have always been a mess… You join a T1 run, and the locks are inherited on T2, in strange ways as you describe. Sadly the problem existed from start of release and never was fixed :/. We eventually learned to work around it, and plan what raid tier to play each week. Before entering raid we'd check all players in group for locks before entering, so other players didn't inherit unwanted locks while entering raid.

Removing raid locks in Throne would be nice, but is never gonna happen, as the Ithil Coins can be used to barter lots of good stuff (legacy replacement scrolls, empowerment scrolls and Anfalas crystals). SSG want players to stay in game for a long time, like every other mmo game.
    Having SSG to change lock system to something similar as the one in Abyss/Anvil will likely never happen either, as they never bothered to fix the raid lock mess from Throne release.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoloose View Post
    The raid locks in Throne have always been a mess… You join a T1 run, and the locks are inherited on T2, in strange ways as you describe. Sadly the problem existed from start of release and never was fixed :/. We eventually learned to work around it, and plan what raid tier to play each week. Before entering raid we'd check all players in group for locks before entering, so other players didn't inherit unwanted locks while entering raid.

Removing raid locks in Throne would be nice, but is never gonna happen, as the Ithil Coins can be used to barter lots of good stuff (legacy replacement scrolls, empowerment scrolls and Anfalas crystals). SSG want players to stay in game for a long time, like every other mmo game.
    Having SSG to change lock system to something similar as the one in Abyss/Anvil will likely never happen either, as they never bothered to fix the raid lock mess from Throne release.
    Thing is, once a week would be fine, as long as the locks only affect you and nobody else. It is getting landed with other people’s T2 locks when you have never done it that is bonkers. It’s hard enough to find a group that will take a new raider without having a whole bunch of people think you’re a time waster who is pretending they don’t have a lock and is preventing everyone else from running. I assumed I was fine to go and genuinely didn’t know I was locked out, and ended up leaving people hanging for ages (sorry to anyone involved, if you have worked out who I am ) Other times you put out a request to run the raid, being honest about it being the first time, and you get accused of wanting to be carried. The locks just make it harder.

I don’t even want to do it for the scrolls etc., I want to run it for the equipment and cosmetics that you can’t get anywhere else, like the nice plate armour and the absurdly strong cappy standard. I play every day anyway pretty much, so it makes no difference to game time. If anything, the lock is likely to put people off playing - I was really up for giving it a go this week but have to wait before I can do it and am just killing time running errands in Minas Tirith.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    I play every day anyway pretty much, so it makes no difference to game time. If anything, the lock is likely to put people off playing - I was really up for giving it a go this week but have to wait before I can do it and am just killing time running errands in Minas Tirith.
    Did this too, but in the new content, there's locks on every darn instance WHATS UP SSG?? . After beating Raid and instances weekly, you can go play something else, as there's allmost no reward in running the new content more times. Takes two or three evenings. My game time in LOTRO have gone from 30+ active hours to around 6 active hours , rest of time online i chat with friends and kinnies.