We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Appearance and Haircuts

Why not add some new haircuts, faces etc to lotro

even for lotro store

and even to 1000 lp each i think much players will buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgahad View Post
    Why not add some new haircuts, faces etc to lotro

even for lotro store

and even to 1000 lp each i think much players will buy them.
    I would buy it.

Always /signed.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thumbs up

The more alternativa apperance variations the merrier!

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

It would be a nice solution for players and a good income for developers. In other games, many improvements in the appearance (not just clothes) are possible to buy and you can see that this results in a high demand for a slightly different, often more interesting look.

Why not try it at LOTRO?

Generally, I would love to buy new looks for their dwarves - such as in Ered Mithrin - not a heavy beard, and this time a very long mustache!
    In the same way, other breeds could have new elements of appearance, such as tattoos in teddy bears, hair and face shapes of elves, high elves and men or hobbits.

It also seems to me that prices would not be a problem here, because a large part strives to have an individual's clothing different from the army of clones

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    It would be a nice solution for players and a good income for developers. In other games, many improvements in the appearance (not just clothes) are possible to buy and you can see that this results in a high demand for a slightly different, often more interesting look.

Why not try it at LOTRO?

Generally, I would love to buy new looks for their dwarves - such as in Ered Mithrin - not a heavy beard, and this time a very long mustache!
    In the same way, other breeds could have new elements of appearance, such as tattoos in teddy bears, hair and face shapes of elves, high elves and men or hobbits.

It also seems to me that prices would not be a problem here, because a large part strives to have an individual's clothing different from the army of clones
    Try a Barber Shop.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

+1
    I would eagerly buy new avatar options from the store.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Try a Barber Shop.
    I do not mean those that are available in the usual form creator. It would be good if there were other additional appearances even if it would involve payment in the LP!

+1 More haircuts pls.
    I have many alts, but no main. Good mother loves all her children.
    Ithil: Fallwen, Fallven, Karlaya, Narcysia - officer of Legendarna Twierdza
    Laurelin: Falladriell, Fallanor, Fallven, Deleen, Falladrien, Fallabrien - officer of Twierdza

+1 How is this not a thing yet? More avatar cosmetic customization, please!

There can even be additional body types/details/etc unlockable at a cost. Even the character creation menu shows a padlock icon, suggesting more paid optins could be added in addition to the free ones.

Does SSG still have access to the discarded Beta Beorning faces and body types from 2014? Discarded Beta High Elf faces and body types from 2017? Just clean them up a bit and stick 'em in the game as unlockable premium customization options.

There were many players in those betas who loved those faces and appearances. Myself among them. Maybe these looks can be among the paid options? More variety is always good!

I'd buy more character appearances - especially hair styles, It would be nice to see curls, or braids, long sweeping hair etc. But also body shapes and sizes too.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'd buy more character appearances - especially hair styles, It would be nice to see curls, or braids, long sweeping hair etc. But also body shapes and sizes too.
    Body shapes may be to hard for them to do but few haircuts? They may use those in game like Eomer braids, Zherluka mustaches etc.

Thumbs up

Longer hair for female, please!!

When Mordor was being teased. The new models and hairs were hyped way too much, many people (including myself) believed that there would be new character models, or at least the faces would be drastically improved.
    For the most part, character faces do look nicer now, though there's some cases where I simply prefer the old models.
    Now this part is important... There was talk of adding new hair options with the expansion, what actually happened is that some of the hairs had graphical updates with the 'new model update' while some simply didn't and it was a general mess.
    There was nothing new added (except for High Elves which were released with the expansion) and in some cases, the old hair simply looks better.
    I doubt they'll add new hair options or customization options in general, it was said in the past that the unique hairs and beards that many NPCs have could not be realistically implemented for characters due to the fact that with NPCs it's essentially 'painted' on rather than an actual hair asset.
    I believe they could add more hair and beard options, I'd like to see better beards for the Race of Man (Dwarves and especially Beornings generally have nice beards anyway) and hair options for hobbits could at least be touched up a bit. But I know it's highly unlikely that they won't.

On an unrelated note, I think Beornings are the most aesthetically pleasing character models in the game, they don't look out of place like some of the 'model updates' on other races, the hair looks decent and they have beards that don't look like they were drawn on with crayon. Funnily enough, the models for Beornings are more future proof than the stuff they introduced in Mordor.

I would actually pay LP for more hair and model cosmetic options (maybe not 1000, it depends if they look good enough to warrent such a price or if the unlocks are account wide or not) like I'd pay LP for nice looking and unique cosmetic clothing and weapons (not the generic LI weapon skins and old stuff pulled from the skirmish camp, that's not worth anyone's money). I think SSG are missing out on a potentially decent deal here.
    The thing is, I'm not even sure they can restrict new stuff from the current barber system, unless of course you wear hair as a 'hat' (similar to the bare chest 'chestpiece' for Dwarves), I can imagine it working like that.
    -Askelin: 130 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    The last implicit purveyors of premium meats since 26/12/17

~~~Get to it maggot! Or I'll send you to the Sofa Pits!~~~

Cool YES! New hair and faces and body types a must!

OMG, I would LOVE to have a few new hair, face and body types! Even more of the optional facial stuff too! People love trying to make unique looks for their Avatars/Toons. No one wants "cookie cutter" toons any more! Yes, keep the options true to the time and location but just give us a few more options. Even if you don't want to add them to character creation, why not give the options in the Barber Shops. Also, I would totally buy new hairstyle unlocks from the store. Especially if they are account wide! How would we apply them? Two options; applied thru the Barber shop or applied as a cosmetic only thru the cosmetics menus.

I know that LotRO and DDO are two different pigs on the same farm, but I love some of the store-only hairstyles in DDO, and I think some similar hairstyle ideas would work really well here. (And we won't lose them through reincarnation here--even more of a plus!)

Love, the cleric with the high ponytail.
    Malediction of Anor, There and Back Again
    "There is suffering in the light; in excess, it burns. Flame is hostile to the wing.
    To burn and yet to fly, that is the miracle of genius." -- Victor Hugo

It would be nice if somebody creating the game somehow referred to the topic. In many other games, you earn well on such small things "off the story", while making the game more enjoyable and reducing the "clone attack".

I don’t think our characters can be fat enough. I would like to play as Bombur - I think that would be brilliant!

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    I don’t think our characters can be fat enough. I would like to play as Bombur - I think that would be brilliant!
    Great example. There's precedent! Better body customization options would be great; personally I'd like to play a really scrawny character.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@Scenario maybe you as the most active dev member could visit that thread

Making character shape its a bit too much work

but adding few new details couldnt be hard.

Adding no new hairstyles was the biggest disappointment for new avatars. Heck even the high elves, a whole new race, got 90% recycled hairstyles from normal elves and men.

The most annoying part is there's tons of NPCs floating around in game with great hairstyles that we don't have, many a lot better than what we have. Please give us some new ones across the board for all races. Even just releasing a couple of new ones at a time here and there would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    Adding no new hairstyles was the biggest disappointment for new avatars. Heck even the high elves, a whole new race, got 90% recycled hairstyles from normal elves and men.

The most annoying part is there's tons of NPCs floating around in game with great hairstyles that we don't have, many a lot better than what we have. Please give us some new ones across the board for all races. Even just releasing a couple of new ones at a time here and there would be welcome.
    I'd even like it if they just gave some of the existing hairstyles to races that don't have them yet. Not all of them would fit universally obviously, but there are a few where the restriction seems fairly arbitrary. But yeah, we need new ones too.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    +1 How is this not a thing yet? More avatar cosmetic customization, please!

There can even be additional body types/details/etc...
    Good grief yes. Please more body types. It's so weird seeing hobbits with huge bellies but tiny, anorexic arms- or giant football-padded arms and everything else super skinny.

The best thing would be if all races got two independent sliders: one for muscle size and one for weight (fat). That way you could have combinations of the two that look more natural.

Too few eyes and eyebrow choices...

More eye options with eye shading and makeup colors/patterns. Eyebrows could use some color as well (other than hair color). Also hair needs some brighter options.

Cosmetic face slots

We also need some cosmetic face slots in the cosmetic panel. It would be nice to be able to swap out looks without having to remember each item number from the barbers list.