We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there an alternative way to get this armour?

Hi,

I really want this set, but was wondering if there is any way to get it other than running Throne a million times? Thanks in advance:

“...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Just the cosmetic appearance, not bothered about the stats.

(I know, greedy and lazy request, but hey )

If you don't mind blood stains and scratches, you're in luck: Battle-worn armor of the Citadel in the Lotro store has the same look but more beaten up. Complete set for like 1200 LP.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    If you don't mind blood stains and scratches, you're in luck: Battle-worn armor of the Citadel in the Lotro store has the same look but more beaten up. Complete set for like 1200 LP.
    Thanks for the suggestion. That seems a bit expensive though, and I’m trying keep hold of my points for the next quest pack sale...

Can anyone post a picture of that set anywhere to see the difference? I can’t find it anywhere online, only images of the clean version.

You can preview it in the Lotro store. It dyes too, and applying white dye minimizes some of the weathered rust effects.

Sometimes cosmetic sales pop up and it might get discounted. But the price for full set is comparable to pricing of individual cosmetics, in this case very fair. Pure conveniece/cosmetic.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    You can preview it in the Lotro store. It dyes too, and applying white dye minimizes some of the weathered rust effects.

Sometimes cosmetic sales pop up and it might get discounted. But the price for full set is comparable to pricing of individual cosmetics, in this case very fair. Pure conveniece/cosmetic.
    I guess that is fair when you consider a cloak is 295LP and a mount is 1995, but I just like being able earn things where it is possible, like the white tree hauberk and gloves from the Ettenmoors. It took a while to earn the 10k or so commendations needed, but at least you could grind it out regularly and be sure of the return, with a tangible target to reach. Absolutely there should be rewards for completing the raid, but the combination of raid locks and RNG make this a royal pain in the %#€$ and not very reliable. At least if there weren’t any raid locks, or you didn’t inherit other people’s when you haven’t even done it yourself, that would be better (as I said in a different thread today).

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    I guess that is fair when you consider a cloak is 295LP and a mount is 1995, but I just like being able earn things where it is possible, like the white tree hauberk and gloves from the Ettenmoors. It took a while to earn the 10k or so commendations needed, but at least you could grind it out regularly and be sure of the return, with a tangible target to reach. Absolutely there should be rewards for completing the raid, but the combination of raid locks and RNG make this a royal pain in the %#€$ and not very reliable. At least if there weren’t any raid locks, or you didn’t inherit other people’s when you haven’t even done it yourself, that would be better (as I said in a different thread today).
    dont do it!
    dont spend so much points on this war bitten outfit!
    not worthy, i got it 1st day it came out, while i had a big amount of points and regreat it the very moment i saw this on my toons!
    unlees you want it fro RP, thats the only reason to buy it!
    if you like it that much better spend time in throne runs!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    dont do it!
    dont spend so much points on this war bitten outfit!
    not worthy, i got it 1st day it came out, while i had a big amount of points and regreat it the very moment i saw this on my toons!
    unlees you want it fro RP, thats the only reason to buy it!
    if you like it that much better spend time in throne runs!
    Don't panic, I now have the real thing from Throne