We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Summer's already over... (Festival extension / encore?)

Bit of a bummer that the Summer festival is already over now that Northern Hemisphere summer really is just about to start.

I must be one of the few crazy people who actually like the summer festival for its mini-games and doesn't really care that much about the rewards. It's just become a nice tradition of mine to end a hot summer's day with a quick session of making some virtual ice cream, or getting my revenge on those heat waves!

Any plans for extensions / encores? Mid-August, maybe, in-between Hobnanigans and Farmer's Faire?

We'll probably see an Encore at some point. I just hope they get the whole Thrang thing right this year and don't try to run a 10 day event over a week.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I could use an encore.

I hate being stuck at 1 rare fish left for the "Rare Fish" deed just because RNG made me its you-know-what for the last several days of the festival. I don't really want to have that deed stuck there for a year

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

To each his own: I'm glad to see the event over. I don't see festivals as a way of having fun, but as grueling-but-not-to-be-passed-up opportunities to grind for IXP. Now that most of my game time isn't tied up by fishing, I can get back to grinding IXP with instances ....
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

As the last rays of sun before twilight near, the festival rides off into the horizon. Just before the festival's last glimpse, the band sounds off with a rapid cadence and the chior shouts in time.

But we want more! Lots and lots of more!
    We want horsies! Lots and lots of horsies!
    We want shinies! Lots and lots of shinies!
    We want ice cream and cake! Much as we can partake!

The pace quickens and the voices trumpet.

We want Hobbits! Lots and lots of Hobbits!
    To spit on them cool droplets!
    We want kites! More pets too! We likes!
    We want somethin! To keep our heart a thumpin!

The festival on his summer's night steed rounds a small hillock, takes his hat off and says, Whew! You'd think those people could give a guy a break.
    Last edited by sapienze; Jul 11 2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Festival fun!

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Dj, but I simply loooove the festivals. I must confess that I did feel a bit of 'oh! I can get back to the rest of the game now!' feeling today, but no matter how repetitive, how grindy, how...insert your unpleasant adjective here, that some may find the festivals, I'll always love them. I've loved them for almost a decade and my feelings haven't changed a whit. That said, it's worth repeating that I absolutely do respect the others, like Dj, who would rather move on and enjoy the rest of the game instead.

SSG, thank you so much for giving us the Summer Festival. I enjoyed the heck out of it. I like the new cosmetics and the new steed. Keep up the good work!

(I can't wait for the encore!!)

With warm regards,
    Khally

The only thing I find the festivals good for is grinding out Star-lit Crystals, though I have bought a few mounts just so my alts would have something faster than the basic 62% horse.

Hill 1001 Valley of 1000 Hills KZN South Africa

Festival iXP

With regard to the comment about grinding iXP during festivals, I noticed a strange thing about the amount of iXP awarded for the Summer Festival quests, my LI’s on my Lvl 61 alt were progressing faster than those on my Lvl 65’s

The following was on Anor with several alts (Lvl 50, Lvl 60’s and Lvl 65).

Lvl 50 – no iXP until Lvl 51 then progressively increases until about Lvl 60
    Lvls 61 - 64 – 9364 iXP per quest
    Lvl 65 – 4682 iXP per quest (exactly half of the Lvl 60’s rewards)

This was for both the Inn League deliveries and the Party Tree quests.

Wanting to gain the maximum iXP from the quests on my Lvl 64 alt I equipped a ‘stone’ just before he reached Lvl 65 … the rewards dropped to 4682 iXP
    The Shield of the Hammerhand does not give +25% iXP either despite the ‘Gift of the Hammerhand’ showing twice in the BuffBars
    Casual Wanderers - Crickhollow Not So Serious - Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by NacMac View Post
    With regard to the comment about grinding iXP during festivals, I noticed a strange thing about the amount of iXP awarded for the Summer Festival quests, my LI’s on my Lvl 61 alt were progressing faster than those on my Lvl 65’s

The following was on Anor with several alts (Lvl 50, Lvl 60’s and Lvl 65).

Lvl 50 – no iXP until Lvl 51 then progressively increases until about Lvl 60
    Lvls 61 - 64 – 9364 iXP per quest
    Lvl 65 – 4682 iXP per quest (exactly half of the Lvl 60’s rewards)

This was for both the Inn League deliveries and the Party Tree quests.

Wanting to gain the maximum iXP from the quests on my Lvl 64 alt I equipped a ‘stone’ just before he reached Lvl 65 … the rewards dropped to 4682 iXP
    The Shield of the Hammerhand does not give +25% iXP either despite the ‘Gift of the Hammerhand’ showing twice in the BuffBars
    I don't know about exact numbers, but also for character XP the curve is not linear for festivals quests. I think you get the most percent of a level's XP before hitting lvl 50, then it decreases so that with char level > 100 it almost isn't worth it when doing it for levelling even though all the quests are always on level for your toon (even when you level between accepting a quest and turning it in). Interesting that this diminishing curve is there for Item XP as well.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Khally View Post
    I mean absolutely no disrespect to Dj, but I simply loooove the festivals.
    Honest question: How is it disrespect to voice a personal opinion that happens to disagree with someone else's? Only argumentative, conflict-driven individuals would read it as contention, projecting their own attitude upon it and feeling threatened.

Do people actually take offense to encounter someone thinking differently than themselves? I know it happens, just hard to fathom the amount of insecurity and character weakness it takes to get to that point

Quote Originally Posted by Khally View Post
    I mean absolutely no disrespect to Dj, but I simply loooove the festivals.
    No offence taken. Everybody to his own taste, said the old lady as she kissed her cow. (--Rabelais.)

(Idle question: how many alts were you doing the festival with? I was grinding *five* and I got very weary.)
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

I do hope for an encore, too. Too much to do in RL These past weeks to do more than just a couple of quests.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

I do love and appreciate Festival Encores. Having another Summer festival redux before Farmer's Faire begins would be neat.

That being said, I hope the wrapper quests for repeatable dailies are implemented for Farmer's Faire to award figments and virtue exp.