We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    yes please, there servers are very dead whenever I login

Korthillion-1 R10 RK ,Kortahl R7 CPT, Kornslimedonyoface R11 Defiler, Kornbootysplitter R9 WL,Korndoggystyle R8 WRG +other low rank Korns

Sorry, but this will not work. While you are awake, we are sleeping. You are simply in a part of the world, that has a really inconvenient time zone.

I remember discussions on Nimrodel, when the server merges were about to happen, to which server the people of the Pacific area should migrate, exactly because if this issue. If I remember correctly, they agreed on heading over to Arkenstone. Maybe you should check out, if they are still there.

Greetings, Polymachos (living in Central Europe)
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by friimynd View Post
    yep; no real reason to not have a single global server, except maybe the global chat, language; some ppl like the RP only
    get a cloud server with amazon or microsoft or other
    use layers so ppl aren't bunched together on one screen

you could have a RP layer for those who want to voluntarily limit exchanges to RP only

of course that would mean overhauling their engine or something, coding, money

certainly they could at least merge the servers down by 1/2
    Yes here is: the server capacity might be too much!

They have stats readouts remember! They know how many per server play PvMP. Obviously they can add them up to get a rough idea how many would player per-day in a single server. So they won't do it.
    Hitchens(r9 warg), Glasgow(R9 LM) Brandywine server.
    I fought alongside Silverest & Wuffles on Gladden when LOTRO began, nowadays on Brandwyne's PvP

There are several reason why merging the servers is not the simple "fix" nor will achieve desired results.

1) One huge problem could be its least one to happen is over population and extreme lag during peak hours, bringing every Monster player in the same server is not a wise idea ending inevitably in the end with more damage than harm.

2) Logically will have such a little effect because of already abysmal quality,desolated population not due to server population ,but players' interest, its grindy,laggy,unbalanced ,uncreative with same region for 12 years+ immature community often fighting in OOC which ultimately shunned away players.

3) THE ENORMOUS time/cost ratio either for new monsterDark side} player forcing to spent a lot of TP/Mithil to boost their monsters unless you want to be practice target for free peoples or unbelievably long grind process to bring your character to stand even decent chance or be of a good use for your fellow warriors ~ Light side.

Extreme lag,grind,unbalance,enormous time needed to to become "PvP ready for freep" side money or time for creep side,multi-boxers,farmers,skill lag-delay,OOC fights/abuse,same zone,5 min CD to switch side, spies,exploits,store and so on..

I fear it's a futile attempt. No servers will aid MP and no hope is left in MP as well.

Who would have said it would be possible to solo Balrog as melee after 12 years or to state a bitter truth and sing a sorrowful songs of once beautitful Monster play of 2007/08 without legendary weapons,beornings,wardens,rune keepers,no stackable dots,slow combat speed,stars, little DPS,virtually bug free,no multiboxers,spies, never experiencing the skill lock or freeze, legendary raid nights and duels which were skilled based no gear, no store, no audacity, every freep had same DPS on each 1handed or 2nd handed ,weapon speed,no immediate skills{exectuon} no devastated criticals,no finesse rating, My My I would gladly give everything now for eternity to experience one full year of Vanilla of Both Pve and PvMP with several creep and freep classes. To end when it all started. There and back again. Right now you can have it all , give me Vanilla , the Patch version of Book XIV. AMG and CD's of certain skills were extraordinarily long in comparison and class in general have had less far less in disposal.

To look at the Monster play today it fills one heart with deep, deep.... deep sorrow. No anger, no disappointment,only sadness.
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Oct 04 2019 at 09:58 AM.

Anyone asking for server merge i invite to Evernight server. Make creep here and come 7-10 pm uk time and see how lotro pvp can't handle 70 people fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snobs View Post
    So, I think it's no secret that the game's player base is shrinking more and more than ever, this is especially noticeable in PvP.

Never have I seen more dead Ettenmoors than now and Osgiliath is only played/used by clubbers (well it's an awful PvP Map anyways).

There are multiple factors that made players quit/become uninterested in PvP.

1. Balance. The past updates, the Balance has been at its worst state ever.
    2. Gear Gap difference between well and badly equipped Freeps has never been bigger.
    3. Creeps are incredibly outdated and weak compared to well geared Freeps, just take a look at Reaver and Warleader.
    4. There is still no PvP armor for Level 120. This makes it much harder for badly geared Freeps to become stronger.
    5. The server performance has been getting worse and worse.
    6. SSG doesn't really care about PvP at all, there won't be changes in 2019 at least. At least make it fully Free2Play if there won't be changes.
    7. Some servers are basically dead.

At least the last of these problems would be solved by merging the remaining Servers to create 1 EU and 1 NA server. Obviously, as a result of this, the performance would need to updated to make the game somehow playable.

Any thoughts/opinions?

1) Depends if you can invest massive amount of time grinding and getting Top gear,amped-up weapon with basically fully upgraded character you will decimate and carve almost any monster. The difference is vast, either you will be a target dummy for monsters right now or extremely overpowered. There is no middle ground.

2) See Number 1. What most players do not realise of the reasons so many left is indeed gear gap. Nobody wants to "no-life" and grind him/herself to oblivion ,one could gear up with in a day with enough Motes, plus keys were available in game and mits/mastery/finesse ratings weren't messed up. It's not the point of who is bad or good or terrible , its simply irritating and time consuming grind process.

3) It is true, only if freep manages to achieve such stats, one BA or a warg can eat undergeared freep in seconds. If we talk about high ranked raid geared with golden jewellery and best weapon,every buff ,that's different story, but again how many % of the players do you think can acheieve such uberness without great sacrifice ?

4) Right,It should be an option comms ~ armour, Raid armour has bonus plus 3 slots and also Jewellery from Tier V instances, Freep with quest/box armour or raid one, its a significant different once more in every single stats,even more due to fact they made it more difficult to balance mastery,mitigations,critical defence and resistances.

The freep without raid armour or jewellery is not overpowered at all and any good creep will be able to eat it, gear plays most important role these days, you can know your class inside and out but if you cannot survive more than 5 seconds nothing matters.

5) Logically yea it does with greater expansion of game world except to have greater lag.

6) Well do a little bit, you have a high elf ears now.

7) Dead means if there is no single player left, I would rather call them extremely desolated.

There is also mistake to tell every freep is overpowered, No there were times undergeared champion with third age could enter moors and destory High ranked creep back in early Moria or early ROI , not anymore. come now as scaled freep you are basically free walking infamy. Today you are either seen as Demi-God on particular freep class with top gear or garbage,purely gear and weapon related. Back in the Vanilla days Skill was number 1. everyone had the same weapon DPS and almost the same primary stats, Sadly it is.

With so many level cap increases its impossible to maintain balance in PVP. Also most casuals left PVP when audacity was introduced, because it made them unrealistically weak compared to other players. This was devs trying to cater to elite players by giving them easy kills. They thought we wouldn't notice. We did, and we just left rather continue to participate in something in which the moderators were favoring certain players over other players. It was a step in the right direction that they eliminated PVP armor, and reduced the effects of audacity, but the damage had already been done. At least its minimally playable now, for years it was just a no go zone. Remember how fun it was back in 2007-2009, before the first level cap increase and before audacity? That game just doesn't exist anymore, and it never will.

Meging servers just to increase amount of players in PvP looks counterproductive. Even if they have small bump in population, first update what buff freeps change everything

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    With so many level cap increases its impossible to maintain balance in PVP. Also most casuals left PVP when audacity was introduced, because it made them unrealistically weak compared to other players. This was devs trying to cater to elite players by giving them easy kills. They thought we wouldn't notice. We did, and we just left rather continue to participate in something in which the moderators were favoring certain players over other players. It was a step in the right direction that they eliminated PVP armor, and reduced the effects of audacity, but the damage had already been done. At least its minimally playable now, for years it was just a no go zone. Remember how fun it was back in 2007-2009, before the first level cap increase and before audacity? That game just doesn't exist anymore, and it never will.
    Ofcourse we remember this great game. Desperate flight in combat hunters, burglars CC creeps to death witchout chance to do a move, Lore masters do same. Great great game. Casuals who not wear raid gear are just cannon fodder so i don't know how you see eliminating pvp armour step in right direction. Only way to go is forbid freeps using pve armour, force them to wear pvp only armour and balance creeps around it. Then make access to moors same to botch sides (eitcher free/buyable or VIP only). They have possibility to balance pvp by pvmp buff they just don't do it and it's bigger and bigger mess with freep stats increasing every update.

Quote Originally Posted by Snobs View Post
    So, I think it's no secret that the game's player base is shrinking more and more than ever, this is especially noticeable in PvP.

7. Some servers are basically dead.

At least the last of these problems would be solved by merging the remaining Servers to create 1 EU and 1 NA server. Obviously, as a result of this, the performance would need to updated to make the game somehow playable.

Any thoughts/opinions?
    I play on 3 servers, neither of which are "dead". I encounter layering and lag on all three servers and you want to merge them all just so you can play the side game. I bounce three servers so that I can play what I want during peak times on those servers, and many times so that I can get away from those peaks. As someone already pointed out, you can always transfer to Evernight or Arkenstone if you want more PvMP. I haven't played my Warg in well over a year, not because of the server pop, but because of the imbalance. Merging the servers will not change why I stopped playing PvMP and get me to start again.
    Luventhariel and Appletart of Second Breakfast, Crickhollow
    https://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.com

If PVP is the issue, nothing is stopping PVP'ers to concentrate on whatever server they prefer. No need to put the whole of the community though the pain of a server merge for that.
    Some more insight into active population and busy times would be welcome though, to help pick the right servers.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    If PVP is the issue, nothing is stopping PVP'ers to concentrate on whatever server they prefer. No need to put the whole of the community though the pain of a server merge for that.
    Some more insight into active population and busy times would be welcome though, to help pick the right servers.
    They already gather on Arkenstone and Evernight. If even that can't help, even server merge can't help it too...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They already gather on Arkenstone and Evernight. If even that can't help, even server merge can't help it too...
    Plenty of action on EN, even more lag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2