We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update Tomorrow and No patch notes / warning

https://twitter.com/lotro

Latest tweet from here little over an hour ago?

Blue names?

Any news?

Lack of patch notes in advance is a pretty good reason to suspect an exploit is being fixed. Sometimes an exploit is widely known, but not easy to perform, like something in a cap level raid. But some exploits are very easy, and the devs might be afraid many people could access this one if they announced it before the game is down for the patch.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...07#post7943107

Glad they published the patch notes. I had to go visit Filbert Fig real quick.

Filbert Fig and Curator have returned home for the season.

From the postings, I'm guessing that Cordovan is on holiday. Might also explain the silence on the dev tracker.

Since there is no official downtime notice in announcements, I'll add the twitter copy here:

The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, June 26th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...07#post7943107

Glad they published the patch notes. I had to go visit Filbert Fig real quick.
    I missed him, because I was in work. No matter though, I get to hold onto the figments for something else now, instead of spending them and trying to get more - for something else. Probably not the best plan if they want people to need more of these things.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
    Lack of patch notes in advance is a pretty good reason to suspect an exploit is being fixed. Sometimes an exploit is widely known, but not easy to perform, like something in a cap level raid. But some exploits are very easy, and the devs might be afraid many people could access this one if they announced it before the game is down for the patch.
    Could be. (Although there are patch notes up now, and no mention of an exploit fix.)

As far as I can remember, I never find out about exploits until after they've been fixed. I must not go to the right parties.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I missed him, because I was in work. No matter though, I get to hold onto the figments for something else now, instead of spending them and trying to get more - for something else. Probably not the best plan if they want people to need more of these things.

I missed them, too, due to different time zone and RL.
    At the time I saw the downtime info there weren't any patch notes yet.

I was still earning figments for some of the more recently added Moria housing items (desk, chair and the like). So I would have liked a warning well before removing the barterers.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm