We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dev Tracker: 5 days and no Blue Names

Are you guys all on vacation?
    Information blackout?

What's up?
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    What's up?
    What do you want to talk about? We're all hard at work here.

MoL

Virtues: Costs, caps, management, bribe and inherent unfairness. Discuss...
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Virtues: Costs, caps, management, bribe and inherent unfairness. Discuss...
    I can answer that quite easily.

Despite how it was in the past, this is a NEW virtue system, and people need to start looking at it in that way and NOT looking at how it used to be. Whereby you could max every virtue and then some.

This is meant ultimately to be a LONG-TERM system which will constantly be added to, and NOT something that you are meant to easily cap even in a month or two. Which, is fine. Everyone can very easily cap their 5 slotted virtues, including new players, that is the important part.

All the other virtues will take a long-time, and yes, unfortunately longer for new players/characters - but this is the same of practically everything in this game, older players have the advantage.

I don't know how more plainly this can be spelled out.

New system, new rules, stop dwelling on how it 'used' to be under the previous system and stop vying for them to change something which has barely been out 6 weeks.

Are you guys all on vacation?
    Information blackout?

What's up?
    Not on vacation. Just you know, doing LOTRO things, what about you?

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post

MoL

Glad to hear it. So are most of us.

I realize this isn't your area...but ANYTHING regarding the LI grind would be good to hear. It's been over four months now since "the letter" which included nothing concerning the subject. Since then, the topic hasn't exactly gone away...and frustrations have only grown...with numbers of players still leaving the game because of it.

Thanks, MoL, for always reading the posts and responding. Wish others did the same.

Take care.

MoL
    Will there be a bow recipe added to update 24. Will crafting ever be as good as it used to be post level 100. Will crafting ever get any sort of an update that updates all the items that have been forgotten for so long now like crafting tools and many other items.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Will there be a bow recipe added to update 24. Will crafting ever be as good as it used to be post level 100. Will crafting ever get any sort of an update that updates all the items that have been forgotten for so long now like crafting tools and many other items.
    I bet a lot of this will happen. Twelve years is a long time in game development, so updating "everything" that's ever been made seems like kind of a tall order, but we tend to focus the Eye in the direction of where the most interest lies, and right now it sounds like Crafting and LIs are pretty popular places for us to look at.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Well, it's good to know you are out there, hard at work.

Maybe you can give us a tidbit about some minor (but interesting) things you are working on...
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

Maybe you can give us a tidbit about some minor (but interesting) things you are working on...
    Can't. All my stuff is major.

MoL

MoL
    Now I'm gonna start calling you Major MadeofLions. And if we really want to get silly and pull in Tolkien's fondness for alliteration (and to refer to what Pinion said publicly on my stream on the official last week), can we call you Major MadeofLions Making Minas Morgul?

(Btw, can we at least get some patch notes for tomorrow's update that was tweeted a few mins ago?)
    What I do, I do in the name of peace.

MoL
    The black book of Mordor must remain closed! for now. Though i am curious if the decisions you make at the end of latest chapter effect the story later on, guess will find out later.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Well, it's good to know you are out there, hard at work.

things, to be happening, in the future! Can I get more vague?

things, to be happening, in the future! Can I get more vague?

Vague? That's not even vague. That is non-information.

Clearly, we're missing you! Pie?

LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Thumbs up

Good answer.

Do you have any sort of comments (or ability to forward this on) about the lack of Mysterious Relics on the Anor Server. The relics are used to gain the OD meta deed raid horse.
    Death's Bane | Arkenstone | Endgame
    Mirage | Arkenstone | 75 Capped
    Mirage | Anor
    Meneldor Native

Unless your answer is 'new players should only dabble in the game and make sure they don't complete any deeds until their mid 20s, or even better, mid 30s' then no, you can't answer it. Even with micromanagement, new players are hooped.

I doubt this was intentional on SSG's part, but who really knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post

Despite how it was in the past, this is a NEW virtue system, and people need to start looking at it in that way and NOT looking at how it used to be. Whereby you could max every virtue and then some.

This is meant ultimately to be a LONG-TERM system which will constantly be added to, and NOT something that you are meant to easily cap even in a month or two. Which, is fine. Everyone can very easily cap their 5 slotted virtues, including new players, that is the important part.

All the other virtues will take a long-time, and yes, unfortunately longer for new players/characters - but this is the same of practically everything in this game, older players have the advantage.

New system, new rules, stop dwelling on how it 'used' to be under the previous system and stop vying for them to change something which has barely been out 6 weeks.

... we tend to focus the Eye
    OMG devs are Sauron, I KNEW it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baredur View Post
    OMG devs are Sauron, I KNEW it.
    Nope, that's Holly Hornblower. Those pies have to be returned because they can only be unmade in the oven they were made in. Think about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Frace View Post
    Nope, that's Holly Hornblower. Those pies have to be returned because they can only be unmade in the oven they were made in. Think about it....
    ITS REALLY CURIOUS how she missed the 'Bad Berries' when baking them. But that's a 11.5+ give or take year old discussion.
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post

Players were clearly gifted higher ranks than the system could generate. Many receiving this bribe have enough sources of VXP in the game to max all virtues but Wit NOW. I have one toon at 60 on 17 virtues, 54-57 on 3 unwanted virtues and Wit at rank 31 already. I'll be done before the expansion.

New players have a year and a half of endgame weeklies ahead of them to catch up, with plenty of other grinds already that show no signs of diminishing.

Do you think it's good for the game's future if yet another huge grind is placed in front of a new players advancement with everything else stacked against them? Yes the SSG apologists can come out to defend them with their ignorance but even SSG realise what they have done is indefensible. But you are allowed to troll me with impunity denying the facts on their behalf until I give them a reason to shoot the messenger like many before me.

If what I'd been saying was untrue they'd have reprimanded me for trolling in a second. Is it going to be 2 years before they take a stab at an answer like the ILI debacle that has another 6+ months before they take a look at it?

I'm very far from dwelling on the old system, I don't think SSG have the wherewithal to recover the flaws in the new system and I've been very much focused on offering advice to the community to work around the flaws and get the best out of the virtue system with the least compromise to their characters.

Yeah people don't like hearing they have done a poor job but just once it'd be nice if the goals, resources and time were set to something achievable and not beyond their capabilities.

Do you think it's good for the game's future if yet another huge grind is placed in front of a new players advancement with everything else stacked against them?

I really wish this question would have been asked by the Devs before EVERY change/revamp they have made in the last two years. If they had, I suspect we would have a much more entertaining game at this point, AND a LOT more "new" players.

Instead...well...we all know...

Players were clearly gifted higher ranks than the system could generate. Many receiving this bribe have enough sources of VXP in the game to max all virtues but Wit NOW. I have one toon at 60 on 17 virtues, 54-57 on 3 unwanted virtues and Wit at rank 31 already. I'll be done before the expansion.

New players have a year and a half of endgame weeklies ahead of them to catch up, with plenty of other grinds already that show no signs of diminishing.

Do you think it's good for the game's future if yet another huge grind is placed in front of a new players advancement with everything else stacked against them? Yes the SSG apologists can come out to defend them with their ignorance but even SSG realise what they have done is indefensible. But you are allowed to troll me with impunity denying the facts on their behalf until I give them a reason to shoot the messenger like many before me.

If what I'd been saying was untrue they'd have reprimanded me for trolling in a second. Is it going to be 2 years before they take a stab at an answer like the ILI debacle that has another 6+ months before they take a look at it?

I'm very far from dwelling on the old system, I don't think SSG have the wherewithal to recover the flaws in the new system and I've been very much focused on offering advice to the community to work around the flaws and get the best out of the virtue system with the least compromise to their characters.

Yeah people don't like hearing they have done a poor job but just once it'd be nice if the goals, resources and time were set to something achievable and not beyond their capabilities.
    Responding to the line above that I highlighted:

I think of this a bit differently. Not really a new grind to me. I spent a bunch of hours in the old days keeping my virtues maxxed. In the last couple of years I haven't bothered to work on that because, well, what for? I wasn't going to get any benefit from it...

Sometimes, between major updates, I have found myself very bored with nothing left for my main character to do. I'm not into raiding, so my options were to work on an Alt or just wait.

The new arrangement with Virtues (passive benefit from unslotted virtues) will give me something to do if I run into another stale stretch.

Oh, and about some of that other stuff, well, you are entitled to your opinion, man. (Is this a weekday?)

It seems the standard response these days to challenge scientific results as "opinion". The info is just there to ignore if you wish.

You've expressed that virtues are important to your "naked" LS toon. At 65 with all the games' virtue deeds done up to that point you will cap all virtues. When that happens and you complete another virtue deed the earned VXP is lost. You have also lost that source of VXP for good when the cap rises and you have space for more VXP.

But you see your toon with healthy levels of virtues right now so it's easy to think it's all fine and dandy. But the costs to rank increase and the sources of VXP drops in the later game. Is it just an accident that the 2 big demographics that might care about their virtues, the endgame players and LS capped toons have it all "appear" to be fine and dandy so they just accept things without any fuss? Maybe you don't want to reach the endgame again, who'd blame you. Will you make it to Helm's Deep and start wondering why you wasted VXP on useless virtues and are struggling to keep a chosen few at the current cap. Maybe it won't be until Minas Tirith that you'll find you're in a bit of a hole, or you have learnt to just not care, is that why some people have gone to the LSs?

Your original main toon could dabble in the virtue game and get to the soft cap of 20. A new player has every virtue source in the game yet to do and still will be a year and a half's grind behind others at cap. Does the game not rely on new blood?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast