We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro doesn't start after selecting the right server and pushing PLay.

I placed a new SSD, installed a fresh windows 10 Pro and reinstalled Lotro, but now it won't start, not in 32 bits nor in 64 bit.
    After filling in my credentials and pushing Log in, i go to the right server. But when pushing Play nothing happens. In 32 bit it says: getting in line. But nothing happens.

Can be removed. I installed Assassin's Creed and with it came direct X 12. Now Lotro is workin too.
    Last edited by Z0nn1g01; Jun 25 2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0nn1g01 View Post
    Can be removed. I installed Assassin's Creed and with it came direct X 12. Now Lotro is workin too.
    I am experiencing the same problem. After Play nothing happens. So what was the solution? Install DirectX 12? Just rebuilt this computer and installed Windows 10 Professional. Other than a new hard drive it is the same system on which I played Lotro before.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 116 Hnt | Ngollwydha 120 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 116 Cpt Arkenstone

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=8109

try downloading and installing that - the problem seems to be caused by the launcher not installing ALL dx files, or possibly by more recent dx updates overwriting/removing needed files.

if that doesn't work, i'm not sure what else might help, but hopefully someone else can help

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthiere View Post
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=8109

try downloading and installing that - the problem seems to be caused by the launcher not installing ALL dx files, or possibly by more recent dx updates overwriting/removing needed files.
    Thanks for the suggestion and link. I installed all Dx files. The game worked. It also did something else such that the graphics go bonkers until the game starts... then everything looks fine... and after exiting the game graphics go bonkers again. Restarting the computer sets everything back to normal . I don't know how to uninstall all the Dx files to try another approach. Am now trying to get my system back to where it was. Addendum? = System restore did the trick.

Addendum = Windows 10 comes with and installs DirectX 12. So Rielthere's point about earlier versions makes sense.
    Last edited by DarthKeryx; Jul 04 2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 116 Hnt | Ngollwydha 120 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 116 Cpt Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion and link. I installed all Dx files. The game worked. It also did something else such that the graphics go bonkers until the game starts... then everything looks fine... and after exiting the game graphics go bonkers again. Restarting the computer sets everything back to normal . I don't know how to uninstall all the Dx files to try another approach. Am now trying to get my system back to where it was. Addendum? = System restore did the trick.
    I just bought a new computer and installed LOTRO and I am experiencing this same problem but running the suggested link had no effect on my out come I completely redownloaded LOTRO to no avail???