We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    The google map is now updated for U26. The map tiles and annotations for Wells of Langfold are updated as well as the missing annotations from the Minas Morgal update. Some may want to speculate on what those very large buildings just North/Northwest of Langfold are? The entrance to Gundabad perhaps?
    I love this Google Map.

Given the location, I think it must be - I'm assuming that the whole area before the doors (given the relatively small size of it) is Elderslade (according to the Wells of Langflood map) which presumably includes the doors of Gundabad.

The questions which arise from that are:
    1) Is the entire Gundabad expansion zone going to be underground? (Given how small the 'Elderslade' area appears to be - about the size of Misthallow).
    2) Will the War of the Three Peaks area (coming at the end of this year) be in this Elderslade area, or in a more mountainous zone nearby? Either in the Misties or the Grey Mountains?

Were there any updated tiles in the area between Bree-land, Evendim and the North Downs? There's been something going on there in terms of changing the landscape (and various mobs seen beyond the hills), as well as the tower overlooking the Bree-fields.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I love this Google Map.

Given the location, I think it must be - I'm assuming that the whole area before the doors (given the relatively small size of it) is Elderslade (according to the Wells of Langflood map) which presumably includes the doors of Gundabad.

The questions which arise from that are:
    1) Is the entire Gundabad expansion zone going to be underground? (Given how small the 'Elderslade' area appears to be - about the size of Misthallow).
    2) Will the War of the Three Peaks area (coming at the end of this year) be in this Elderslade area, or in a more mountainous zone nearby? Either in the Misties or the Grey Mountains?

Were there any updated tiles in the area between Bree-land, Evendim and the North Downs? There's been something going on there in terms of changing the landscape (and various mobs seen beyond the hills), as well as the tower overlooking the Bree-fields.
    Thanks.

There is a significant amount of "developer markup" terrain around the dwarf buildings so the Elderslade area will probably be a bit bigger than what is presented in the Google map. I include markup in TerrainMap but do not include it in the Google map since I try to keep the Google map more accurate and less speculative. So, if you would like to see a bit more of the marked up area, check it out in TerrainMap. I suspect you are right that the actual Gundabad area will be mostly if not all underground, similar to Moria.

I haven't seen any significant changes for the area in breeland yet.
    Last edited by Garan; May 20 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Thanks.

There is a significant amount of "developer markup" terrain around the dwarf buildings so the Elderslade area will probably be a bit bigger than what is presented in the Google map. I include markup in TerrainMap but do not include it in the Google map since I try to keep the Google map more accurate and less speculative. So, if you would like to see a bit more of the marked up area, check it out in TerrainMap. I suspect you are right that the actual Gundabad area will be mostly if not all underground, similar to Moria.

I haven't seen any significant changes for the area in breeland yet.
    Thanks, will do! Interesting about Bree-land, but maybe the timescale on the Bree-land project is a little longer than expected (possibly a dev pet project?)
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Thanks, will do! Interesting about Bree-land, but maybe the timescale on the Bree-land project is a little longer than expected (possibly a dev pet project?)
    Given that it is a part of an old region and not directly related to the epic, i.e. scouring of the shire, I would agree, it is most likely a dev pet project. As to timescale, I suspect it may be intended to get people interested in the Breeland area just prior to bringing us back for the scouring of the shire.

Hello my favourite plug-in,

I haven't checked the in-game U26 terrain map version but i was currius of why Rohan-homestead isn't on the HTML version? I wanted to have a look at the new homesteads from a satellite point of view :P . So is it out for the same reasons you didn't add the new area in Bree-land?

Also i saw the upcoming area of U27 and the landscape seems too small up there. But i suspect its gonna be extended over the mountains somewhere in Misties or Grey. About the dwarf buildings it may be the entrance of Gundabad but i think Gundabad is more deeper (closer to Angmar) . Devs said that Gundabad expansion will be mostly underground but it will include a little bit of outside landscape. We will see.
    Argohald Champion(main), Phokalin Guardian, Aljeza Lore master : The Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana Lore master, Ellinas Guardian Landroval
    Member of old Riddermark family (server)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    Hello my favourite plug-in,

I haven't checked the in-game U26 terrain map version but i was currius of why Rohan-homestead isn't on the HTML version? I wanted to have a look at the new homesteads from a satellite point of view :P . So is it out for the same reasons you didn't add the new area in Bree-land?
    Nope, the changes to Rhohan weren't published because I wasn't quite done with them yet (I didn't think anyone would miss them since they aren't accessible yet but I can understand your curiosity). Anyway, I finished with the Rhohan housing area today so it should be visible on the Google map now (you may need to flush your browser cache to see the new tiles).

This continues to be MAGNIFICENT! Thanks once again!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    My completely amateurish often-LotRO Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/moondog548

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2