We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Inspiration of Heroism

[What happen, that lead to this "Inspiration of Heroism": It looks like a Captain would leave the Class because it is complex to progress in Gear]

Inspiration of Heroism

Dear Captain,

i am a Captain, not only someone that has also a Captain.

It is not the easiest way, you have to work for everything hard, but at the End you are the Captain. You can make decision in the game that let your Fellowship and Raid survive and Stay alive or even be the one that can stabilize the Area around you. And the Radius around you is great.
    You are not the obvious force of everything that happens around you.
    Only the smart will get what you do.
    In yourself you know if everything goes right, that this is good.
    You are the multiplyer of everything that happen around you. You are in common in the eye of the Storm. Maybe even you are the Eye of the Storm.
    You are seldom the percent that is needed to get the goal. You are the baseplate of achievement. But mostly they look not below themself.

As the Damagedealer post the outcome full of pride you think, looks that you have done the job well and someone use the options you had offer.
    To be fair: You will ever be one of the few in the shadows that get seldom the recognition you should get. The others are not ignorant (not ever), they mostly do not understand what happen and have only a small Window if whats happen and do not get the whole thing. They are fully concentrated to the few skills they use and often think that you are writing articles in raids, while they think a about the 4 keys they use in common.

Think of them as Children that look trough a mail slit to see the whole world. Take the position as Parents and take care of them, while they explore the world of Middle Earth.
    You Cant rescue all of them, but most of them have a lot ports and a Run buff to close the gap to you.

Do you will leave that part for classes that have mainly only 1 or 2 options or functions? A Class that is easy filled of the pool of Randoms? A Common class, that is easy exchangeable with someone or sometimes even with something?

Yeah is very easy to go that way. You can very fast setup one of these classes. You have very few decision so make.

On the other Side of the coin you have few option. And you can do very few things wrong, or better in an extraordinary way.

Had you heard about an extraordinary Hunter?
    [I have, but that was a guy, that wants to be a melee Hunter - had maybe not understand that this option is called Champion]

Ok, had you heard about an extraordinary RK?

Think a moment please if you really want to switch the Side from a Guider to the goal to a Bystander.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    It looks like a Captain would leave the Class because it is complex to progress in Gear
    I disagree.

Captain is literally the easiest class to gear. Playing a red Captain in raids requires almost no gear or class trait points. You can raid in quest rewards gear. Get some low-tier Mitigation and Vitality essences and you can even raid T2 and T3. And you don't even need to earn a single class trait point. The ones you get from leveling up will be enough to do everything of what is expected from a red Captain.

And it's also the easiest class to play. Telling/Revealing Mark on target, use Oathies when the raid leader tells you to do so, use To Arms and Standart of War whenever it's off cooldown and keep Crit and Attack Speed buffs up. Your HPS and DPS are negligible anyway. Captain is also extremely slow. You can literally spend 5 seconds thinking everytime before using the next skill and still perfom quite well, even in T2-T3 raids.

Red Captain in PvE group content is the easiest class in every aspect.

Tanking is a little more complex but that's not because of the Captain class, but because as a tank you just need to have much more situational awareness. Comparing it to e.g. Guardian or Warden tanking, it's again quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplTru View Post
    I disagree.

Captain is literally the easiest class to gear.
    blablabla
    Depends whether you want your captain to contribute beyond just buffs and marks, I suppose. I've decided to optimise my healing rather than DPS but you should do one or the other.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I disagree.

Captain is literally the easiest class to gear. Playing a red Captain in raids requires almost no gear or class trait points. You can raid in quest rewards gear. Get some low-tier Mitigation and Vitality essences and you can even raid T2 and T3. And you don't even need to earn a single class trait point. The ones you get from leveling up will be enough to do everything of what is expected from a red Captain.

And it's also the easiest class to play. Telling/Revealing Mark on target, use Oathies when the raid leader tells you to do so, use To Arms and Standart of War whenever it's off cooldown and keep Crit and Attack Speed buffs up. Your HPS and DPS are negligible anyway. Captain is also extremely slow. You can literally spend 5 seconds thinking everytime before using the next skill and still perfom quite well, even in T2-T3 raids.

Red Captain in PvE group content is the easiest class in every aspect.

Tanking is a little more complex but that's not because of the Captain class, but because as a tank you just need to have much more situational awareness. Comparing it to e.g. Guardian or Warden tanking, it's again quite easy.
    if you want to be just a buffstick without any further contribution, sure

first step is maintaining your buffs, lets see how that goes :P
    ah right, starters cant even do that, they dont even know how to proc all of their buffs and chains.

x)x)

to say a captain is easy and your HPS /DPS irrelevant makes you seem a bit ignorant, that being softly said.

this is a class that allows you to jump in quite easily, but the depth of the class is prob on par with warden difficulty. Of course, this depends on how far you really want to take it, I myself enjoy to push myself, using all my 7 weapons and 3 emblems in raid, regardless of my line I am in.

Some captains chose this, other may have the swaps, but too lazy to swap, some cant even be bothered filling their stats. Just throw in some vitality and crit with a bit of mitigation and say ur raid rdy, yes!

no offense m8, but I heavily disagree with everything you say there.

I've a question for you, if you're willing to answer my reaction.

Do you play captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    [What happen, that lead to this "Inspiration of Heroism": It looks like a Captain would leave the Class because it is complex to progress in Gear]

Inspiration of Heroism

Dear Captain,

i am a Captain, not only someone that has also a Captain.

It is not the easiest way, you have to work for everything hard, but at the End you are the Captain. You can make decision in the game that let your Fellowship and Raid survive and Stay alive or even be the one that can stabilize the Area around you. And the Radius around you is great.
    You are not the obvious force of everything that happens around you.
    Only the smart will get what you do.
    In yourself you know if everything goes right, that this is good.
    You are the multiplyer of everything that happen around you. You are in common in the eye of the Storm. Maybe even you are the Eye of the Storm.
    You are seldom the percent that is needed to get the goal. You are the baseplate of achievement. But mostly they look not below themself.

As the Damagedealer post the outcome full of pride you think, looks that you have done the job well and someone use the options you had offer.
    To be fair: You will ever be one of the few in the shadows that get seldom the recognition you should get. The others are not ignorant (not ever), they mostly do not understand what happen and have only a small Window if whats happen and do not get the whole thing. They are fully concentrated to the few skills they use and often think that you are writing articles in raids, while they think a about the 4 keys they use in common.

Think of them as Children that look trough a mail slit to see the whole world. Take the position as Parents and take care of them, while they explore the world of Middle Earth.
    You Cant rescue all of them, but most of them have a lot ports and a Run buff to close the gap to you.

Do you will leave that part for classes that have mainly only 1 or 2 options or functions? A Class that is easy filled of the pool of Randoms? A Common class, that is easy exchangeable with someone or sometimes even with something?

Yeah is very easy to go that way. You can very fast setup one of these classes. You have very few decision so make.

On the other Side of the coin you have few option. And you can do very few things wrong, or better in an extraordinary way.

Had you heard about an extraordinary Hunter?
    [I have, but that was a guy, that wants to be a melee Hunter - had maybe not understand that this option is called Champion]

Ok, had you heard about an extraordinary RK?

Think a moment please if you really want to switch the Side from a Guider to the goal to a Bystander.

thank you for the contribution, but I fear that most people still underestimate how far the complexity of this class goes.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Jul 08 2019 at 11:57 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

I disagree.
    You may :-)

There are Captains and Player that have also a Captain.