We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Hunter Questions Damagetype / Oils

    Hello,

    i do my Hunter Project - this time it works better as the ones before.
    I am atm Level 64 (think will become 65 tomorrow).

    As i have the option to use oils, i would more understand, when to use what.

    I know as a RK player that Hunter, using Fire oil would increase damage by using the RK buff.
    But where do i get the base of knowledge when to use better fireoil, or lightoil, or better non oil (before i get the effect of reflect :-))

    Fire for: Creatures of Nature, most Beasts, Darkwaters, and Troll-kind
    Light for: Goblins, Orcs, Troll-kind, and Spiders

    That i found.
    Thank you and maybe other Hunters will benefit of the answers too.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    362
    Unless you are doing end game instances, it doesn't really matter tbh. For soloing it's probably best to use no oil as you get physical mitigation debuff from pen shot in the first row of red line traits.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

  3. #3
    My Hunter Project is on Anor, so it is Endgame :-)

    The Bad is, that i find not many Hunters here (on Server and Forum), that can answer my questions.
    In Addition that follows to my idea of the continuous problem, that the most played class stores and shared the least knowledge about the class.

    That do i not mean in the bad way, it is only a fact. Maybe a fact/problem that i can help to solve.

  4. #4
    Depends on the target.
    See here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Damage_types

    Sadly not complete and possibly in part out of date.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Depends on the target.
    See here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Damage_types

    Sadly not complete and possibly in part out of date.
    that i already found
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Fire for: Creatures of Nature, most Beasts, Darkwaters, and Troll-kind
    Light for: Goblins, Orcs, Troll-kind, and Spiders

    That i found.

  6. #6
    Always use Fire Oil when a Lore Master is present who knows what he is doing, since his fire mitigation debuffs will greatly increase Fire damage.

    The bane of every Fire damage user is the >>Terrible_Retribution<< buff on certain enemies like Carguls (see link for a list). It reflects 25% Fire damage, also Common/Westernesse/Ancient Dwarf-make damage. Either use Light Oil, or put a weapon title with Beleriand damage on your bow. Iirc the buff is not present before entering combat.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Always use Fire Oil when a Lore Master is present who knows what he is doing, since his fire mitigation debuffs will greatly increase Fire damage.

    The bane of every Fire damage user is the >>Terrible_Retribution<< buff on certain enemies like Carguls (see link for a list). It reflects 25% Fire damage, also Common/Westernesse/Ancient Dwarf-make damage. Either use Light Oil, or put a weapon title with Beleriand damage on your bow. Iirc the buff is not present before entering combat.

    Thank you, that is a great answer.
    Maybe i have to go that way - from Debuff to prevention - as in Orthanc in former times.

    As there are so many Hunter i hoped that some sum up that or such a kind of knowledge before and maybe share it :-)
    Thanks for reading and helping Gorikon.

  8. #8
    I'm in the middle of making a plugin which shows the information that a loremaster can see about a creature/mob. (Including how good it's damage mitigations are for each type)

    Is that something hunters would find useful?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    But where do i get the base of knowledge when to use better fireoil, or lightoil, or better non oil (before i get the effect of reflect :-))
    I've just made this plugin, which shows you how strong the mitigations of a creature are against different types of damage. This is similar to the skill that a lore master has.

    Hope it helps!

  10. #10
    Thank you, i will have a look.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Agollas View Post
    I'm in the middle of making a plugin which shows the information that a loremaster can see about a creature/mob. (Including how good it's damage mitigations are for each type)

    Is that something hunters would find useful?
    Agollas thanks for the plugin!
    A little mistake. In lotrointerface's website: "To add to a quickslot, type /shourtcut x /pocketlm". SHOURTCUT should be "/shortcut".

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    Agollas thanks for the plugin!
    A little mistake. In lotrointerface's website: "To add to a quickslot, type /shourtcut x /pocketlm". SHOURTCUT should be "/shortcut".
    Thank you for that, all fixed now

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    83
    Short version:

    Do you have a rune-keeper in your group? if yes, use FIRE OIL.
    Do you have a lore-master in your group? if yes, use FIRE OIL.
    Do you fight against mobs reflecting/immune to fire? use LIGHT OIL or NO OIL depending if you have beleriand damage or not.
    In just about every other case, using no oil is best.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    My Hunter Project is on Anor, so it is Endgame :-)

    The Bad is, that i find not many Hunters here (on Server and Forum), that can answer my questions.
    In Addition that follows to my idea of the continuous problem, that the most played class stores and shared the least knowledge about the class.

    That do i not mean in the bad way, it is only a fact. Maybe a fact/problem that i can help to solve.
    There was a rash of forum bans late last year which affected a no small bunch of very knowledgeable players who used to actively contribute to forum discussions and beta class tests. All because why? They simply happened to be critical of SSG and dared to speak their minds on open forums. Now without their contributions and voices, the class forums are all the poorer for the poor judgment made by whoever was responsible for getting those contributors banned. The only reason they were critical is due to passion for the game's potential. Now new players raising questions about game mechanics are greeted with silence for the most part, as many who still play don't bother to check the class forums very often. It's a shame, really. But that is mostly the reason why.

    Eventually replies tend to pop up after weeks or months when some happen to check class forums, but it's not as active as it used to be.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload