We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 152

Thread: Insane Gear Gap

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Only, they're not raid relics. They're crafted relics. Raid relics would sit at the raid barter, like they always have.

    Why does my levelling up an army of alts bother you? It doesn't affect the way you play. I've slowtroed 6 alts, and run two as total completionists, taking just under a year each, rather than the two years you took to do it, so I know how much fun it is to do all the content that there is to do and I know the journey by heart now. I have plenty of time to play the game, I just don't have much uninterrupted time now, but that hasn't always been the case.

    And yes, I have said that people who worked on LI's got the benefits from the offset - because they did. Crafted relics on the other hand, haven't been updated in five years, so, no comparison, no instant turn around, integrity intact. That little unique benefit from guild crafting hasn't moved in a long time, and now that it has, I wish it hadn't if I'm honest, because it's opened my eyes quite a bit about who's fair and who really isn't.

    Just ask for crafted relic? Errm, that's what I've been asking for - for days now. I don't care what relics they put in the raid, but a crafted relic, shouldn't be gated by a raid, it should be gated by guild crafting.

    If you wish to demonstrate that one camp getting everything is not right, then please pick a real comparison, not a made up guild catch up, because as far as I'm aware, that was never on the table, either side, and it doesn't exist.

    It's a name and a stupid one at that. Crafting or Guilding is part of the game, not the game. The game is do landscape, get crafted, get instanced, get raided. Every MMO follows that and when they don't, they fail.

    The way you play is your choice. I AM SAYING THAT. 10 alts , 50 alts , your choice.

    Your army of alts ruins it for me when the game is supposed to be played by one RPG character when you have the choice of playing with 1000's of characters who all want to be max'd out on everything. You think I have even my primary alt ready? where do we draw the line?

    Your argument about RL money is so stupid, I wouldn't even mind getting banned over game for this... Cause there is none. You paid for Westermese, Raiders pay yet. They still deserve more.. silly argyment, holds none for me

    The only thing you have been asking for is raid relic Vs crafted relic. You don't like it? ask for bosst on crafted relic. leave raiders vs crafters out of it !!!

    Again, I am no Raider, Mukor wouldn't take me on his raids without basic gear

  2. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    What is to understand?
    Fact is we've different level of difficulties in the game. For this we need different stats for we need/ needed to invest different time and energy.
    The players who play the hardest difficulty need the best stats and they do the biggest investment. For this they've higher stats as the other which do less.
    At the end everyone can reach every gear if he is ready to invest the needed amount of work.
    Furthermore if someone choose to do less as raid t3 he has less stats but this is no problem, cause he need less.
    The lowest difficulty (landscape) even is balanced to be naked.
    So there is no problem in this gap neither a reason that the raid rewards are available in landscape.
    If someone chooses to do landscape only nothing hinders him to do this and especially not that someone has douple morale not would it if this would be tentimes or even more.
    And if someone want to do higher difficulty he need to invest some time to get the gear for it but guess what his predecessors did it.

    There is no other point of view. Only the wish to get the same stats for less work.
    And I think I speak for all raiders when I say we would prefer real class bonuses over +24k mastery etc nor most wouldn't wear low level stuff for this bonuses and every class except maintanks get a higher win from this bonuses for their job.

    Mukdor, the uproar is only because of the relic name and the slot. Nothing you say will change that my friend. Keep on the good work for the rest to follow on the strats...... And don't tell me we do not folllow on their best stratis people with no original titles, me being one of us abusers of our strats trying on warden and failing .

  3. #78
    So to any new comers of the game, don't waste your time with guild crafting. You'll bypass any usefulness quicker than you will get any use out of it.
    This is Cyan.
    This is Teal.
    Learn your colors people.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    Mukdor, the uproar is only because of the relic name and the slot. Nothing you say will change that my friend. Keep on the good work for the rest to follow on the strats...... And don't tell me we do not folllow on their best stratis people with no original titles, me being one of us abusers of our strats trying on warden and failing .
    This thread is not about the relics, it's about th stat gap which some who doesn't wear raid gear want closed for whatever reason better siad wish, cause there is no reason.
    This crafted relics which ever one can craft and wear are only a small part of this gap.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    It's a name and a stupid one at that. Crafting or Guilding is part of the game, not the game. The game is do landscape, get crafted, get instanced, get raided. Every MMO follows that and when they don't, they fail.

    The way you play is your choice. I AM SAYING THAT. 10 alts , 50 alts , your choice.

    Your army of alts ruins it for me when the game is supposed to be played by one RPG character when you have the choice of playing with 1000's of characters who all want to be max'd out on everything. You think I have even my primary alt ready? where do we draw the line?

    Your argument about RL money is so stupid, I wouldn't even mind getting banned over game for this... Cause there is none. You paid for Westermese, Raiders pay yet. They still deserve more.. silly argyment, holds none for me

    The only thing you have been asking for is raid relic Vs crafted relic. You don't like it? ask for bosst on crafted relic. leave raiders vs crafters out of it !!!

    Again, I am no Raider, Mukor wouldn't take me on his raids without basic gear
    Sorry, I have no idea what you're going on about. You're talking in riddles.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    This thread is not about the relics, it's about th stat gap which some who doesn't wear raid gear want closed for whatever reason better siad wish, cause there is no reason.
    This crafted relics which ever one can craft and wear are only a small part of this gap.
    It's absolutely about that for me Mukor. While you keep going on that players should not be able to get X item, without putting in X work, but yet, you're happy to get a crafted relic which "should" be a guild thing, without guild crafting - then yes, people are going to point that out and suggest more of the same. What's good for the goose and all that.

    There is no difference to you wanting to gain guild crafting items without guild crafting, than anyone wanting to close gaps that raid gear causes, without raiding. They are "both" equally provocative.

    The gear gaps are large, and they are there, but they've always been there to some extent, and for most part, totally accepted by the non raiding community. But there is one small difference now. Before, when all the stat differences came from actually raiding, then people were fine with it. Now, it's coming from other sources which shouldn't be included in widening the gap, so yes, you're gonna hear flack over it.

    We've always understood the concept, if we don't raid, then we will get less than those that do. We've also always understood, that if we don't guild craft, then we will get less than those that do. One of those concepts has changed, note* just one. Don't expect that to be taken laying down, and please don't misinterpret it as everyone thinking, because one has changed, so should the other. Some of us would prefer the status quo and revert back to each of those activities, having it's unique reward. For me, this is about you not being able to get the stat bonus from a crafted relic, without guild crafting, not about me being able to get a raid bonus without raiding. You're stance on it is biased though, you want all the benefit of guild crafting without actually doing it, but you're dead set against anyone wanting any kind of raid bonus if they do not raid. That's a very hypocritical view.

    If you do not wish to see a rift between the two communities, stop creating one. If you want to keep raiding rewards as a unique benefit to raiding - back it up, by also backing up other unique benefits to other play styles.

    In short Mukor, they could start selling the raid gear at the Bree fountain for a few silver coins per piece, and that still wouldn't make this right. It's not about that. Your gear gaps are fine, when you get them from raiding. They are not fine, when you get them from having a pass on what you should be guilded for.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's absolutely about that for me Mukor. While you keep going on that players should not be able to get X item, without putting in X work, but yet, you're happy to get a crafted relic which "should" be a guild thing, without guild crafting - then yes, people are going to point that out and suggest more of the same. What's good for the goose and all that.

    There is no difference to you wanting to gain guild crafting items without guild crafting, than anyone wanting to close gaps that raid gear causes, without raiding. They are "both" equally provocative.

    The gear gaps are large, and they are there, but they've always been there to some extent, and for most part, totally accepted by the non raiding community. But there is one small difference now. Before, when all the stat differences came from actually raiding, then people were fine with it. Now, it's coming from other sources which shouldn't be included in widening the gap, so yes, you're gonna hear flack over it.

    We've always understood the concept, if we don't raid, then we will get less than those that do. We've also always understood, that if we don't guild craft, then we will get less than those that do. One of those concepts has changed, note* just one. Don't expect that to be taken laying down, and please don't misinterpret it as everyone thinking, because one has changed, so should the other. Some of us would prefer the status quo and revert back to each of those activities, having it's unique reward. For me, this is about you not being able to get the stat bonus from a crafted relic, without guild crafting, not about me being able to get a raid bonus without raiding. You're stance on it is biased though, you want all the benefit of guild crafting without actually doing it, but you're dead set against anyone wanting any kind of raid bonus if they do not raid. That's a very hypocritical view.

    If you do not wish to see a rift between the two communities, stop creating one. If you want to keep raiding rewards as a unique benefit to raiding - back it up, by also backing up other unique benefits to other play styles.

    In short Mukor, they could start selling the raid gear at the Bree fountain for a few silver coins per piece, and that still wouldn't make this right. It's not about that. Your gear gaps are fine, when you get them from raiding. They are not fine, when you get them from having a pass on what you should be guilded for.
    Purple crafted add one essence golden crafted are worth 2 this times two is a difference of two essences. yeah for sure this is the cause of this big gab the original complain about.
    This relics were never thematic of this threads before you mentioned them. Just rum the sidebosses if someone looks for pug to do it. 10 minutes work and everyone can do it to have the chance of a drop.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Purple crafted add one essence golden crafted are worth 2 this times two is a difference of two essences. yeah for sure this is the cause of this big gab the original complain about.
    This relics were never thematic of this threads before you mentioned them. Just rum the sidebosses if someone looks for pug to do it. 10 minutes work and everyone can do it to have the chance of a drop.
    I'm not the only player peeved about the crafted relic, trust me on that.
    Again, don't worry about my relics - I'll go get them (never buy them or the item to make them), but that doesn't take away the fact that the whole thing puts a nasty smell in the nostrils.

    Nobody but a guild crafter should be able to get that top relic Mukor, that's the point. The purple one is the one that non guilded crafters or even non crafters should get but even then, a guilded crafter would need to make them.

    Gold crafted relic - made by guild crafter, non trade-able.
    Purple relic - made by guild crafter, but trade-able.

    They are the part of the gap that I care about. I don't care much about the set bonuses on raid gear, or the other special recipes that need a raid drop. Those are your rewards, for doing the raid. The relic - shouldn't be part of that.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 26 2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  9. #84
    and while we are at it...
    the crafted relic without raidmarks gives one essence of stats and the other one two?
    Maybe, we are talking about different relics...

    The ones I saw ingame looked more like:
    the crafted relic without raidmarks gives one useless mainstat essence of stats.
    the crafted relic with raidmarks gives roughly 2 essences of useful stats on top of the useless mainstat essence.

    nobody cares about an essence more or less of might/agility/will/fate!
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    and while we are at it...
    the crafted relic without raidmarks gives one essence of stats and the other one two?
    Maybe, we are talking about different relics...

    The ones I saw ingame looked more like:
    the crafted relic without raidmarks gives one useless mainstat essence of stats.
    the crafted relic with raidmarks gives roughly 2 essences of useful stats on top of the useless mainstat essence.

    nobody cares about an essence more or less of might/agility/will/fate!
    Out of tanks view purple 947 or something in this area vita which is more or less one essence, golden tac mit and crit def two essences and phy mit which only overcappen phy mit more.
    So we talk about 5k morale per relic wow yeah a game changer.
    All other classes can reach the caps of their focus stats without raid gear.
    So fo dds it is about 1% more crit magnitude per essence and 0,5% devasted chance same here real game changers.
    But all of this doesn't matte cause the golden essences aren't locked behind the raid there is no completion needed to wear nor craft them.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Out of tanks view purple 947 or something in this area vita which is more or less one essence, golden tac mit and crit def two essences and phy mit which only overcappen phy mit more.
    So we talk about 5k morale per relic wow yeah a game changer.
    All other classes can reach the caps of their focus stats without raid gear.
    So fo dds it is about 1% more crit magnitude per essence and 0,5% devasted chance same here real game changers.
    But all of this doesn't matte cause the golden essences aren't locked behind the raid there is no completion needed to wear nor craft them.
    There is if you don't want to buy your way to them. There are players out there that prefer to earn everything, rather than just buy things. The gold relics are locked behind a raid item - like it or not, slice it whichever way you want, word it as you want, try to pretend it isn't as much as you want, and try to convince the masses as much as you want (and fail at it) . . . but it is Fact!

    It's not the fact that it's locked behind a raid item that bothers me. What bothers me, is that it isn't locked behind a guild crafting wall - where it should be.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Out of tanks view purple 947 or something in this area vita which is more or less one essence, golden tac mit and crit def two essences and phy mit which only overcappen phy mit more.
    So we talk about 5k morale per relic wow yeah a game changer.
    All other classes can reach the caps of their focus stats without raid gear.
    So fo dds it is about 1% more crit magnitude per essence and 0,5% devasted chance same here real game changers.
    But all of this doesn't matte cause the golden essences aren't locked behind the raid there is no completion needed to wear nor craft them.
    So you dont use a single phys-mit essence in your equipment? Wow... then your itemlevel really is high... my tank has several physmit essences and the golden relic would still not overcap his T3 mits. If you use physmit essences, your point is moot, as you could use the relic which is 3 essences worth and change one physmit essence into moral or something else.

    either way, its 1 essence relic vs 3 essences relic. Not 1 vs 2. thats two essences worth of stats hidden behind raiding (or thousands of gold (afaik 6 rimes, so roughly 6k g) FOR raiders from casuals) instead of guild crafting and some dailies or barterguys, like those crafted relics always were.
    And 6 (or actually 12 for toons with defensive and offensive specs) thousand gold per toon isnt actually a funny thing. Especially, if all that gold goes to raiders, who, because of things like this already have hundreds of thousands of gold to buy anything they want from casuals without issues.

    If all raiding would give you would be BoA equipment which is far better than anything you can get outsides of raids, that would be totally fine.

    What I dont like is, that raiders in addition to that get their ILI improvement while doing what they like plus all gold they could ever have use for as a sideeffect of doing what they like.
    If you like crafting or smaller instances or landscape or festivals, you'll never get those mountains of gold as a side effect of your preferred gameplay. Sure, everyone that actively plays can amass things or worth... but tradeable raiditems like the rimes are simply incredibly overrewarding.
    Last edited by Oelle; Jun 26 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post

    What I dont like is, that raiders in addition to that get their ILI improvement while doing what they like plus all gold they could ever have use for as a sideeffect of doing what they like.
    T3 rewards no signs or medas.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    T3 rewards no signs or medas.
    Raiding throne is still the most efficient way to get ILI stuff.

    As long as ILIs work as they do, the stuff to get them to appropriate levels should come from leveling. IF we had a catch-up mechanism that always makes people be max 5 tiers below max (as long as EP is available), it would be totally fine, if ILI items came only from T2+ anything and only from the current endgame (which they dont even do). Still, raiders never had issues with ILI stuff as they got it by playing what they do. If you like landscape quests, the game gets more annoying the longer you play, as you fall behind the longer you play after lvl100.

    These new relics are just another reason to leave the game as a casual. The game only changes into directions that casuals cant like.
    ILI catch-up is impossible. Items that were previously gated by crafting guilds are now gated behind raiding (or buying raiditems from raiders, which is the same). Mainstats are ridiculously weak, making essence gear even better than it already was, leaving questgear as clearly trashy options. Class reworks completely change how classes play every half year. Virtue revamp made good old virtues suddenly trashy virtues and you have to grind again from scratch, even though you previously had all possible stats from virtues you wanted. Since the northern ithilien update, text issues no longer get fixed, even though there are hundreds of bugreports for hundreds of typos (isnt this a story game after all?)... I guess, if I thought about it longer than a minute, I'd find even more points...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    So you dont use a single phys-mit essence in your equipment? Wow... then your itemlevel really is high... my tank has several physmit essences and the golden relic would still not overcap his T3 mits. If you use physmit essences, your point is moot, as you could use the relic which is 3 essences worth and change one physmit essence into moral or something else.

    either way, its 1 essence relic vs 3 essences relic. Not 1 vs 2. thats two essences worth of stats hidden behind raiding (or thousands of gold (afaik 6 rimes, so roughly 6k g) FOR raiders from casuals) instead of guild crafting and some dailies or barterguys, like those crafted relics always were.
    And 6 (or actually 12 for toons with defensive and offensive specs) thousand gold per toon isnt actually a funny thing. Especially, if all that gold goes to raiders, who, because of things like this already have hundreds of thousands of gold to buy anything they want from casuals without issues.

    If all raiding would give you would be BoA equipment which is far better than anything you can get outsides of raids, that would be totally fine.

    What I dont like is, that raiders in addition to that get their ILI improvement while doing what they like plus all gold they could ever have use for as a sideeffect of doing what they like.
    If you like crafting or smaller instances or landscape or festivals, you'll never get those mountains of gold as a side effect of your preferred gameplay. Sure, everyone that actively plays can amass things or worth... but tradeable raiditems like the rimes are simply incredibly overrewarding.
    Everyone get from his choosen playstyle all he need to do it.
    Only if you want to do something other you need to invest some energy.

  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Ermmm, if it's no effort, then everyone would have done it. People don't do it, because they don't like it so they can't be bothered with it. Some people don't raid, because they don't like it, but that doesn't mean they should get raid gear now does it. Perhaps we should adopt your approach and apply it across the board? Next you'll be wanting to combine raiding with festival rewards, but of course, not the other way around.

    I will treat guild crafting as something special, because that's exactly what it is. Some players paid to level up their crafting also, thereby enters RL costs that your approach, just wipes out.

    Of course you're opinion is what it is, because, it suits you and the way you play.

    As for it being one of the most dull things in the game to do, there are a lot (and I mean a lot) of players that would disagree with you. It's always been a separate entity to things like raiding, and it worked fine, for years.

    Only someone who is heavily into raiding could come up with "I know, let's combine raiding with guild crafting, crafted items need a raid drop to complete a recipe, so we can do away with the guild part of it". How does this work for you? "I know, lets combine guild crafting with raiding, crafters can craft raid gear using guild symbols and we can do away with the raiding part of it".

    Easy to come up with that stuff isn't it. Kinda disrespectful to opposite ends of the game play styles, no matter which one you read.
    You only hear what you want to hear,and keep puting your words into my mouth.Read few times what I wrote till you get it.Crafing in this game is something that requires 0 effort same as guild crafting,I can go now prepare all mats I need in 30 min and then proceed to max out crafting profesion by being afk and not even playing the game.Is this what you consider effort?Then do same thing for guild rep by just loging in every week to not waste too much time tracking cds and boom in 3-4 weeks guild maxed out.Did it took effort?No.Was it fun?No.Since for 99% of time I was alt tabed.And it has been like this for ages.Crafting materials and recepies should drop KEY WORD HERE ALL around world and instances with each being unique in its own way and not require you to sit and craft 1000 items while afk watcing a movie.Same goes with guild rep,people dont like instance locks on 3-6 man for same reason they dont like to wait week cds on recepies.Tho in few rare cases it makes sense.I have 4 guilded crafters and before this update came out and we found out relics are not bound I leveld another 2 profesions till ironfold by method I described.So dont tell me it requires effort when it doesnt.It requires you to alt tab from game.Lets see how many new players you will bring to game where you tell them hey just alt tab do something else while your "craft" levels then log back in week after cd pases to get more rep.

  17. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    You only hear what you want to hear,and keep puting your words into my mouth.Read few times what I wrote till you get it.Crafing in this game is something that requires 0 effort same as guild crafting,I can go now prepare all mats I need in 30 min and then proceed to max out crafting profesion by being afk and not even playing the game.Is this what you consider effort?Then do same thing for guild rep by just loging in every week to not waste too much time tracking cds and boom in 3-4 weeks guild maxed out.Did it took effort?No.Was it fun?No.Since for 99% of time I was alt tabed.And it has been like this for ages.Crafting materials and recepies should drop KEY WORD HERE ALL around world and instances with each being unique in its own way and not require you to sit and craft 1000 items while afk watcing a movie.Same goes with guild rep,people dont like instance locks on 3-6 man for same reason they dont like to wait week cds on recepies.Tho in few rare cases it makes sense.I have 4 guilded crafters and before this update came out and we found out relics are not bound I leveld another 2 profesions till ironfold by method I described.So dont tell me it requires effort when it doesnt.It requires you to alt tab from game.Lets see how many new players you will bring to game where you tell them hey just alt tab do something else while your "craft" levels then log back in week after cd pases to get more rep.
    That is incorrect because crafting is not just standing in a crafting hall. Aside from gathering mats, some of the good recipes were also drops, and a lot of them also requires standing in all areas and are hence also character level related.

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    What is to understand?
    Right I'll try again and will keep it simple. You need to understand that if the game provides for just a small percentage of people, it won't exist much longer. Therefor support your fellow players, especially because they really don't ask much.

  19. #94
    The marginal increase in teal or gold essences is not what creates the stat gap. Its the extra essence slots in gated raid armor, and the essence value of the set bonuses. That's an extra 60K to 120K morale.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    You only hear what you want to hear,and keep puting your words into my mouth.Read few times what I wrote till you get it.Crafing in this game is something that requires 0 effort same as guild crafting,I can go now prepare all mats I need in 30 min and then proceed to max out crafting profesion by being afk and not even playing the game.Is this what you consider effort?Then do same thing for guild rep by just loging in every week to not waste too much time tracking cds and boom in 3-4 weeks guild maxed out.Did it took effort?No.Was it fun?No.Since for 99% of time I was alt tabed.And it has been like this for ages.Crafting materials and recepies should drop KEY WORD HERE ALL around world and instances with each being unique in its own way and not require you to sit and craft 1000 items while afk watcing a movie.Same goes with guild rep,people dont like instance locks on 3-6 man for same reason they dont like to wait week cds on recepies.Tho in few rare cases it makes sense.I have 4 guilded crafters and before this update came out and we found out relics are not bound I leveld another 2 profesions till ironfold by method I described.So dont tell me it requires effort when it doesnt.It requires you to alt tab from game.Lets see how many new players you will bring to game where you tell them hey just alt tab do something else while your "craft" levels then log back in week after cd pases to get more rep.
    Please stop referring to my reading skills as if I have not read your posts or I'm missing something. I hear everything you say . . . I just disagree with it. Got it?

    Effort is time. End of story. If it weren't, the phrase thrown around so often in here . . . "anyone can raid, it's easy enough" would be completely untrue right?

    Here is the bottom line, no matter how much you wish to try and skirt around it.

    People who raid, get more out of the game than people that don't raid. Else, no point in raiding.
    People who guild craft, get more out of the game than people that don't guild craft. Else, no point in guild crafting.
    People that festival, get more out of the game than people that do not festival. Else, no point in doing the festivals.

    You can run from that as hard, fast and as far as you like . . . but, it'll still be there and it will still be true. Well, it would have been, if SSG hadn't have just undone it, and put the "Else" into play for guild crafting.

    If guild crafting takes so little effort, then there is really no need to remove that requirement from a crafted relic at all. It's zero effort after all, so it could stay there, and everyone would be fine with it, because . . . it's zero effort. Please, listen to what you're trying to sell there. You're defending the removal of it's part of crafted relics, because? If it's no effort to do the guild crafting, then, you wouldn't care about it. You want it gone, because, you don't want to do it, because . . . . it's too much effort for you (whether that is because it's difficulty, ease, time consumption or whatever, is irrelevant).

    Ooooo, let's move the benefits of festivals and tie them into the raid, because, festivals take very little effort after all.

    While we're at it, let's have potato chips removed from the menu, because they take five minutes to cook and the chef should be using that time to make steak.

    Seriously, you are the one who needs to re-read posts, but not mine, your own. What you're basically saying is that guild crafting takes no effort so get rid of it because I don't want to have to do it.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 27 2019 at 02:42 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Right I'll try again and will keep it simple. You need to understand that if the game provides for just a small percentage of people, it won't exist much longer. Therefor support your fellow players, especially because they really don't ask much.
    They ask to have the same stats with far less work. Yeah sure this isn't much.

    Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    The marginal increase in teal or gold essences is not what creates the stat gap. Its the extra essence slots in gated raid armor, and the essence value of the set bonuses. That's an extra 60K to 120K morale.
    And were is the problem in the stat gap? If you don't raid t3 you don't need such high stats if you do, you have them.
    All other content isn't balanced to the raid gear.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    They ask to have the same stats with far less work. Yeah sure this isn't much.



    And were is the problem in the stat gap? If you don't raid t3 you don't need such high stats if you do, you have them.
    All other content isn't balanced to the raid gear.
    Nobody has asked for the same stats for far less work Mukor. That's all in your imagination because you can't look past your own argument.

    If you'd already done t3 raid before u24, and we all know that you did, then you don't need any of the upgrades that came with u24 either. You certainly don't need the extra stats from the crafted relic, nor should you have them, unless you're a guilded crafter on that character.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Nobody has asked for the same stats for far less work Mukor. That's all in your imagination because you can't look past your own argument.

    If you'd already done t3 raid before u24, and we all know that you did, then you don't need any of the upgrades that came with u24 either. You certainly don't need the extra stats from the crafted relic, nor should you have them, unless you're a guilded crafter on that character.
    You too only read what you want all other complain about the gear gap through the raid sets, more slots and the bonuses.
    The only one who metioned the crafted relic again and again is you.
    I´ve no idea if the devs give us another source for the fragments if they do it´s fine for me. This won´t change anything.

    But the others complain over the differences between instance or even quest gear and raidgear. Which is no problem cause if you don´t raid t3 there is no problem not having these stats but for t3 you need them.

    All stats we get with u24 additionally doesn't change your ability for raiding t3 gear wise nor does the Golden relic make the gap we've got before suddenly a big gap.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    ...But the others complain over the differences between instance or even quest gear and raidgear. Which is no problem cause if you don´t raid t3 there is no problem not having these stats but for t3 you need them.

    All stats we get with u24 additionally doesn't change your ability for raiding t3 gear wise nor does the Golden relic make the gap we've got before suddenly a big gap.
    First I find it interesting that raiders will deny that they're being catered to at all for years, yet will staunchly defend that they obtain vastly superior gear from raiding, which no one who doesn't raid has access to. That being said, you still fail to address, or even acknowledge, a couple key points that this thread is about. One is that apparently the gap has widened. Another is the problem this wide gear gap has on balancing all aspects of the game. Everyone does landscape at one point or another. Some people may not do much more. But the problem arises when raiders venture onto the landscape with their vastly superior gear and mobs practically die or flee just at the sight of them. Then some other adventurer arrives on the same landscape with his poor quest / crafted gear and struggles. When the latter adventurer complains about their struggles on landscape, the complaints are met with much derision by raiders for whom mobs die like flies and who can barely be scratched by said mobs. THIS is a problem due in part to the wide gear gap.

    Your frequent refrain has been that you don't "need" better gear if you're not doing T3. Well, OK, then maybe top tier raid gear should be made such that it has the same base stats as lower level gear, but gets a special power up THAT ONLY COMES INTO EFFECT IN TIER 3 RAIDS.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    You too only read what you want all other complain about the gear gap through the raid sets, more slots and the bonuses.
    The only one who metioned the crafted relic again and again is you.
    I´ve no idea if the devs give us another source for the fragments if they do it´s fine for me. This won´t change anything.

    But the others complain over the differences between instance or even quest gear and raidgear. Which is no problem cause if you don´t raid t3 there is no problem not having these stats but for t3 you need them.

    All stats we get with u24 additionally doesn't change your ability for raiding t3 gear wise nor does the Golden relic make the gap we've got before suddenly a big gap.
    Yes, others have said that they are not happy about the large gaps between quest/instance gear and raid gear with set bonuses. At no point though, have they said, they want raid gear for no effort. They want the gap closed a little, not closed hugely or removed completely. For all you know Mukor, they may not want it for Anvil t3. They may want it for Flight challenge, or Smaug challenge. Those runs, as scaled runs, are significantly harder to complete than they were when level 85 was cap. They may also be trying to under-man them slightly, given they are old runs that nobody does anymore.

    My post to you is to demonstrate that because you've already done t3 in the raid, you do not now need to cling so tightly onto that relic. It's no problem because if you don't magically do something - above and beyond t3 (which does not exist) raid there is no problem because there is nothing that you need them for. Removal of that relic from you and handing it back to where it should be, until you guild craft your character to enable you to slot it later on, would go some small way to closing that gap, that other's dislike.

    The alternative is not pretty. It happened after Throne when the gap grew too wide. They put gear that was on par with raid gear under flowers on the landscape before later on resetting the lot.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 27 2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

 

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload