We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 152

Thread: Insane Gear Gap

  1. #26
    I have the feeling that the so-called gear gap is made bigger then it is in reality.
    With full raid Armor and 2xt3 jewelry setboni, you have about 8 more essences worth of stats (And because of im an angry might class, i would like to remind everyone that the difference between a geared agility and might class, is already 4 essences worth of crit in favour of the agility class!). What people seem to forget is, that previous raid gear had setboni which offered no direct stats but sometimes really potent traits overall. And if you would ask, what to players prefer, stats or "real raids boni" nearly everyone will answer with the second.

    So just because the difference in gear is made more obvious than in previous updates, it doesn't mean it never had been this way, in fact, i would say it was even bigger in the past (for those classes with powerful setboni).

    And as Mukor already mentioned, at least the Raid on t2 should be doable for most players. If you still don't wont to run the raid or whatever, I ask you why do you even need better gear? For questing and crafting?
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    I have the feeling that the so-called gear gap is made bigger then it is in reality.
    With full raid Armor and 2xt3 jewelry setboni, you have about 8 more essences worth of stats (And because of im an angry might class, i would like to remind everyone that the difference between a geared agility and might class, is already 4 essences worth of crit in favour of the agility class!). What people seem to forget is, that previous raid gear had setboni which offered no direct stats but sometimes really potent traits overall. And if you would ask, what to players prefer, stats or "real raids boni" nearly everyone will answer with the second.

    So just because the difference in gear is made more obvious than in previous updates, it doesn't mean it never had been this way, in fact, i would say it was even bigger in the past (for those classes with powerful setboni).

    And as Mukor already mentioned, at least the Raid on t2 should be doable for most players. If you still don't wont to run the raid or whatever, I ask you why do you even need better gear? For questing and crafting?
    I dunno how it compares to the past... I think, regarding ILI, the gap between those who do nothing and those who are maxxed out grows with each update... for equipment, there might have been bigger gaps.

    To the part "what for?":

    well... on the one hand: better is always nice. T3-Raidgear is obviously not required for anything, just like many other gear-pieces like golden festival trinkets or essences. So... what for do you need the best, if the secondbest is already good enough (as proven by good players that beat those instances shortly after release without all that stuff)?

    on the other hand... I'm far from BiS, I only use essences which I find while playing. Neither crafted nor festival-essences nor the best ones from barterguy, as I still have use for teal ilvl376 items (dont play thaaat much). For me, this allows my tank to play glimmerdeep T2 without a healer, for T3 glimmerdeep I need one. Nearly no one is ever interested in playing Thrumfall (because of annoying mechanics, mainly the final fight), so I just did that twice in T2 I think and never in T3. Still, when I went there, Thrumfall enemies hurt a lot. They hit much harder than those in glimmerdeep. The six-man-instance... well... its a six-man instance... I rarely find more than two other kinnies that want to play endgame instances with me, so my only way to play six-man-instances is with a pug. I went there twice in T2 and never in T3. The first T2-run was a week or two after release. We had no debuffer and the first boss simply onehitted us in quest-equipment. So came back some weeks later with 3-man-instance-equipment and a debuffer and could fight our way through the instance. Still... the instance was more annoying than it was challenging. It simply took too much time to be fun. And when we finally were at the final boss, our healer was not able to heal through his DoT, if that DoT hit anyone else but the tank. And the DPS was to low to kill him before the DoTs killed the group. I dont even want to know how hard that DoT hits in T3... or how much DPS would be required, if the boss has to be killed before everyone is dead, when there is no way to prevent deaths... certainly not the DPS levels my kinnies or the usual PUG can produce. So... any equipment increase certainly helps people that are NOT in raidguilds and do NOT regularly run smaller-group-stuff with perfectly geared groups. Still, there are people who want to beat those instances once or twice, for fun or titles. I even switched to just playing raids and stuff like that after the next levelcap, when the only difference is gear... much better gear... and whenever I do run those raids with clearly-too-good equipment, most fights are easier than regular 3-man-instances on T2. So certainly, from my experiences, difficulty in lotro is 95% about equipment and just a tiny amount about skills (thats why many groups that sometimes do throne T2C runs still only do T2C on 5 of the 6 fights). Thats why everyone wants equipment.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post

    And as Mukor already mentioned, at least the Raid on t2 should be doable for most players. If you still don't wont to run the raid or whatever, I ask you why do you even need better gear? For questing and crafting?
    So, your claim is, anyone can raid up to t2 in non raid gear, and raid gear is to enable t3.

    I take it that you completed the raid on t3 before U24 hit? Check.

    So what do you need all the new Vales BIS crafted items for? Or the golden relic? Or the new level 120 Thrang golden items/essences? The answer is - you don't need them. You've already beat the hardest content in the game, bar none, in the gear you were already in. But, you never-the-less, want them, and that's because that is what an MMO is all about - progressing your character, whether they need progressing or not, and that applies to all players.

    The gear gaps are real, and more to the point, they are intentional. They are put there to make things as difficult as can be got away with, to ensure the more casual of players that wish to progress their characters either have to reach into lootboxes or into the AH for a raid item. Because guess what? Just like you don't need the extras, but still want them to progress your character, they also don't need them, but still want to progress their characters.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I dunno how it compares to the past... I think, regarding ILI, the gap between those who do nothing and those who are maxxed out grows with each update... for equipment, there might have been bigger gaps.

    To the part "what for?":

    well... on the one hand: better is always nice. T3-Raidgear is obviously not required for anything, just like many other gear-pieces like golden festival trinkets or essences. So... what for do you need the best, if the secondbest is already good enough (as proven by good players that beat those instances shortly after release without all that stuff)?

    on the other hand... I'm far from BiS, I only use essences which I find while playing. Neither crafted nor festival-essences nor the best ones from barterguy, as I still have use for teal ilvl376 items (dont play thaaat much). For me, this allows my tank to play glimmerdeep T2 without a healer, for T3 glimmerdeep I need one. Nearly no one is ever interested in playing Thrumfall (because of annoying mechanics, mainly the final fight), so I just did that twice in T2 I think and never in T3. Still, when I went there, Thrumfall enemies hurt a lot. They hit much harder than those in glimmerdeep. The six-man-instance... well... its a six-man instance... I rarely find more than two other kinnies that want to play endgame instances with me, so my only way to play six-man-instances is with a pug. I went there twice in T2 and never in T3. The first T2-run was a week or two after release. We had no debuffer and the first boss simply onehitted us in quest-equipment. So came back some weeks later with 3-man-instance-equipment and a debuffer and could fight our way through the instance. Still... the instance was more annoying than it was challenging. It simply took too much time to be fun. And when we finally were at the final boss, our healer was not able to heal through his DoT, if that DoT hit anyone else but the tank. And the DPS was to low to kill him before the DoTs killed the group. I dont even want to know how hard that DoT hits in T3... or how much DPS would be required, if the boss has to be killed before everyone is dead, when there is no way to prevent deaths... certainly not the DPS levels my kinnies or the usual PUG can produce. So... any equipment increase certainly helps people that are NOT in raidguilds and do NOT regularly run smaller-group-stuff with perfectly geared groups. Still, there are people who want to beat those instances once or twice, for fun or titles. I even switched to just playing raids and stuff like that after the next levelcap, when the only difference is gear... much better gear... and whenever I do run those raids with clearly-too-good equipment, most fights are easier than regular 3-man-instances on T2. So certainly, from my experiences, difficulty in lotro is 95% about equipment and just a tiny amount about skills (thats why many groups that sometimes do throne T2C runs still only do T2C on 5 of the 6 fights). Thats why everyone wants equipment.
    You said yourself you do nearly nothing for your gear and you complain that you've problems. Just run daylies /collect ash.
    With this you get teal gear item level 276 and the second best essences or you craft the essences or directly the best ones( golden ignored, they're limited and from time events)
    This geared you can do everything inclusive raid T2, where you will find the sets.

    So what you're complaining about is the stat gap between players which spend their time and those who doesn't.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    You said yourself you do nearly nothing for your gear and you complain that you've problems. Just run daylies /collect ash.
    With this you get teal gear item level 276 and the second best essences or you craft the essences or directly the best ones( golden ignored, they're limited and from time events)
    This geared you can do everything inclusive raid T2, where you will find the sets.

    So what you're complaining about is the stat gap between players which spend their time and those who doesn't.
    I've done all that, and I'm in the gear that you say is ok to run a t2 raid. My problem has nothing to do with gear, its to do with time commitment. I can sometimes set aside a few hours to play, but in that time I may be called away three or four times or more. Sure, there may be some patient raiders that will put up with that, but when you just get kicked out of a fellowship that you got invited to for a t1 Thrang run (note t1, not t2), because someone else sent a tell, who was wearing raid gear, it instils absolutely zero confidence in how many may be out there. Yes, that actually just happened. For real.

    My time problems are not the raiders fault, which is why, I always make sure I keep up to date and fully progressed on every other aspect of the game which helps me bridge the gap. That includes crafting, deeding, questing, small instance runs on all tiers, 6 mans on t1 and t2 if possible to find a run of time where I won't be interrupted.

    Now SSG are slowly , but surely, removing or making worthless (creating huge gaps), all those avenues, or pushing the difficulty just beyond reach unless a player is willing to feed a monster. I'd rather play candy crush than fall for such shenanigans.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I've done all that, and I'm in the gear that you say is ok to run a t2 raid. My problem has nothing to do with gear, its to do with time commitment. I can sometimes set aside a few hours to play, but in that time I may be called away three or four times or more. Sure, there may be some patient raiders that will put up with that, but when you just get kicked out of a fellowship that you got invited to for a t1 Thrang run (note t1, not t2), because someone else sent a tell, who was wearing raid gear, it instils absolutely zero confidence in how many may be out there. Yes, that actually just happened. For real.

    My time problems are not the raiders fault, which is why, I always make sure I keep up to date and fully progressed on every other aspect of the game which helps me bridge the gap. That includes crafting, deeding, questing, small instance runs on all tiers, 6 mans on t1 and t2 if possible to find a run of time where I won't be interrupted.

    Now SSG are slowly , but surely, removing or making worthless (creating huge gaps), all those avenues, or pushing the difficulty just beyond reach unless a player is willing to feed a monster. I'd rather play candy crush than fall for such shenanigans.
    How it's SSG's fault that you was with a stupid leader who kicke ld one for on better geared.
    I mean my patience is proved often enough but in t1 minor instances up to t3 you should give everyone geared good enough a chance.
    Especiallely thrang t1 even if the runs most runs with pugs t1 needed long as t2.
    But for anvil t3 we need the stats of the sets. Or t3 would be impossible. Tanks with real gear would be onehits and the dmg wouldn't be high enough. Triple hitpoints are needed in the same time if not even less time.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    How it's SSG's fault that you was with a stupid leader who kicke ld one for on better geared.
    I mean my patience is proved often enough but in t1 minor instances up to t3 you should give everyone geared good enough a chance.
    Especiallely thrang t1 even if the runs most runs with pugs t1 needed long as t2.
    It's their fault that the gap is so wide, which makes leaders do stupid stuff like that. Yes, Thrang t1. I joined another run shortly afterward and we did it in minutes with absolutely zero issues.

    Just because you wouldn't do it Mukor, doesn't mean it in't out there. It is, and it's rife. SSG aren't helping the matter with such massive gaps in gear. But then, those gaps make money, so what chance has anyone got? People will start leaving/unsubbing eventually (if not soon, because this is the worst unequally weighted update in the history of the game), and then they will play some kind of retention tactic like feeding small animals to earn BIS gear (remember flower picking - that was because of huge gaps that were no longer stable enough and meant people were not bothering to play anymore). Then it will be your turn to shout in the forum, I guarantee it. The non raiders (minus the ones like me, who see through all this mud) are the ones buying up all the solvents, to make gold to buy rimes to bridge the gaps that SSG have put in place. Without them playing, or paying, it all falls over. Remember that when the game changes, to try and hold onto them.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 24 2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's their fault that the gap is so wide, which makes leaders do stupid stuff like that. Yes, Thrang t1. I joined another run shortly afterward and we did it in minutes with absolutely zero issues.

    Just because you wouldn't do it Mukor, doesn't mean it in't out there. It is, and it's rife. SSG aren't helping the matter with such massive gaps in gear. But then, those gaps make money, so what chance has anyone got? People will start leaving/unsubbing eventually (if not soon, because this is the worst unequally weighted update in the history of the game), and then they will play some kind of retention tactic like feeding small animals to earn BIS gear (remember flower picking - that was because of huge gaps that were no longer stable enough and meant people were not bothering to play anymore). Then it will be your turn to shout in the forum, I guarantee it. The non raiders (minus the ones like me, who see through all this mud) are the ones buying up all the solvents, to make gold to buy rimes to bridge the gaps that SSG have put in place. Without them playing, or paying, it all falls over. Remember that when the game changes, to try and hold onto them.
    As said for anvil t3 you need this stats.
    And even the smallest gap will let people take the one better geared even it would be only 1%.
    The gear is balanced to the content, you can improve yourself step by step that you can do the next level of difficulty.
    The problem is the character of the people which ssg can't influence.

  9. #34
    Gaps are there but they are easly fillable.Gear/loot system is #### that is true but you can with quest/embres gear do t2 raid with no problems and after that only advantage is t3 jewlery that is pain to get either way for 4 extra essences.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    As said for anvil t3 you need this stats.
    And even the smallest gap will let people take the one better geared even it would be only 1%.
    The gear is balanced to the content, you can improve yourself step by step that you can do the next level of difficulty.
    The problem is the character of the people which ssg can't influence.
    They won't need any influencing if the difference between one char and another isn't as substantial as it is. When the differences are as large as they are, then who can blame the individuals? Nobody can, because it's the gaps that are causing the problem, not the people playing with them.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They won't need any influencing if the difference between one char and another isn't as substantial as it is. When the differences are as large as they are, then who can blame the individuals? Nobody can, because it's the gaps that are causing the problem, not the people playing with them.
    Those gaps we ha allways.
    Not in stats but with bonuses which gave a great boost.
    And the game was allways this scaled.
    This gaps aren't the problem the problem are the players who want 100% if 80% are more than enough.
    For every level of difficulty we need different gear. It's nobody's fault that he wears the gear he needs for his maximal played difficulty.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    For every level of difficulty we need different gear.
    Actually: no.
    Any gear allows people to play regular stuff, landscape and T1 instances. Those might even work naked. Any gear you have after questing and playing one or two instances is enough to play anything but the raid. Thats not one gear per level of difficulty, as there are much more levels of difficulty than two.
    Actually, there is only maxxed out gear, which is required to raid and play the hardest T3-instances (at least seen so by those that do so, who dont invite non-maxxed-out people (and which is obviously wrong, as shown several times)) and regular random gear, which is good enough for roughly everything else.
    No one needs any BiS. Everyone wants the best he can get.
    There is no real difference between what people want/need, only how they get it (or not).

    Everything here is just personal opinion, not facts.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Those gaps we ha allways.
    Not in stats but with bonuses which gave a great boost.
    And the game was allways this scaled.
    This gaps aren't the problem the problem are the players who want 100% if 80% are more than enough.
    For every level of difficulty we need different gear. It's nobody's fault that he wears the gear he needs for his maximal played difficulty.
    They've never been what they are now Mukor. They began creeping up with Mordor, and now they are gigantic. all part of the grand plan though no doubt. When there are no casual players left, there will be no gaps though. All that will be left is top end. unfortunately though, that probably won't be enough. Who will dip into the store to buy stuff to sell to buy raid items then?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Those gaps we ha allways.
    Not in stats but with bonuses which gave a great boost.
    And the game was allways this scaled.
    Nah, this gear gap has not always existed. In SoA and Moria the difference between a toon decked out in BiS gear (and what exactly was BiS was very debatable) and one in quest gear was maybe 20%. This was pretty much true in Moria as well. The gear gap is a thing that has appeared after this time frame.

    Back in SoA one could very much do a large part of the rift raid with quest and crafted gear. No one really cared. Only the last boss really required characters to have some raid gear (with the shadow mitigation). Mostly the last boss was about knowing the mechanics and working together as a group. And this could be learned by working your way through the earlier bosses.

    In Moria no one ever looked at anyones gear for the six man instances (with the possible exception of Dark Delvings). Gear only mattered with the raids that had that goofy radiance gate. Then the only thing anyone cared about was if you had enough radiance.

    The main tool used at these times to judge a players "worthyness" was virtues (believe it or not). Players would inspect others and look to see if they spent any time working on their virtues. Gear mattered so little that mostly no one cared.

    Nowdays the gear gap is real. And yea. A fully decked out character is multiple times better than one in quest gear. This was not always the case.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Well in Spa and Moria there was only t1.
    Now we've the same gap in difficulty between T1 and t3.
    And there is no problem with it.
    Everyone can reach the gear for the difficulty he want to play.
    The only problem are some bad characters which want to take more as they need.
    If I don't look for raid t3 for what do I need someone with a raid set if the other wears teal gear with the right essences and lis with the correct legacies.
    And this differences in gear started as we finally get raids back, with throne. Raiders were much powerful too cause of the bonuses.
    I don't see a problem you can do the difficulty you want after investing the time to gear yourself for it.
    And if you don't get taken open your own group.
    Last edited by Mukor; Jun 25 2019 at 02:15 AM.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervorin View Post
    Nowdays the gear gap is real. And yea. A fully decked out character is multiple times better than one in quest gear. This was not always the case.
    My Dps increased maby by 20-25%, if i compare my damage numbers pre Raid Gear (instance and embers gear), with my current t3 gear.
    Most of the damage increase came from the new damage runes and offhand, very little by a general stat increase.
    Why? Because you could reach the damage caps (especially on agility classes) without a problem, with no raid gear at all.
    The extra stats on raid gear enable you to get more moral and/or mitigation and/or the ability to wear older sets. But is that needed? At least for t2 my answer would be no, you can do everything without any amount of extra mitigations or moral (from a champions pov).

    This update is very very forgiving when it comes to gear imbalance because of the very little requirements to reach the actual damage caps. People running around with 400k crit or older gear to get somewhat of an damage increase.
    Also, Heal and Support Classes (Lm/Captain/Mini/Beo), need very little gear to be effective.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

  17. #42
    The gear gap has always been real, but you felt like you had more choices back then because of more diverse content. I don't really see why there shouldn't be a noticeable gap between the lowest quality gear and BiS gear. There's still so much in between:

    ilvl 358/362 quest gear
    ilvl 355 BB/FI gear
    ilvl 370 crafted/reputation gear/(T1 instance gear?)
    ilvl 376 embers gear
    ilvl 377 T2+ instance gear
    ilvl 382 T1 raid gear
    ilvl 382 T2 raid armour sets/T3 jewelery sets + LI runes

    The reality is that quest gear is just really bad. The biggest noticeable jump in raw stats is from quest gear to instance gear. I do agree that it might look like a huge stat difference, but in terms of actual outgoing damage/healing, it's really not that much. You can easily get to mastery cap and from that point on, your main stat is pretty much useless, which gives you plenty of room to fill gaps. And just as Gertes said, most of your base damage/healing increase comes from maxed-out DPS/tactical damage/healing on your LIs and runes. The runes you can barter in the Vales have the same stats as the one that drops in Anvil T2. You don't even have to do the raid. T3 runes are nice to have, but by no means necessary. Honestly, people place too much value on gear. Yes, there are certain requirements you have to meet, obviously, but those can easily be met. It's more about knowledge of your class and the people you play with. I see so many people who want the best rewards without putting in the effort. There are plenty of helpful people in the community, but they can't make you want to improve. Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Server: [DE]Gwaihir, Kinship: Hecki Hecki Pateng

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervorin View Post
    Nah, this gear gap has not always existed. In SoA and Moria the difference between a toon decked out in BiS gear (and what exactly was BiS was very debatable) and one in quest gear was maybe 20%. This was pretty much true in Moria as well. The gear gap is a thing that has appeared after this time frame.

    Back in SoA one could very much do a large part of the rift raid with quest and crafted gear. No one really cared. Only the last boss really required characters to have some raid gear (with the shadow mitigation). Mostly the last boss was about knowing the mechanics and working together as a group. And this could be learned by working your way through the earlier bosses.

    In Moria no one ever looked at anyones gear for the six man instances (with the possible exception of Dark Delvings). Gear only mattered with the raids that had that goofy radiance gate. Then the only thing anyone cared about was if you had enough radiance.

    The main tool used at these times to judge a players "worthyness" was virtues (believe it or not). Players would inspect others and look to see if they spent any time working on their virtues. Gear mattered so little that mostly no one cared.

    Nowdays the gear gap is real. And yea. A fully decked out character is multiple times better than one in quest gear. This was not always the case.
    The gear gap was always there, and it was always the same as today. The real problem is the SKILL-Gap.

    Every player that played during SoA Age to the level cap had a real understanding of his/her class because landscape was hard. And i dont talk Mordor hard, which was just piss easy compared to original SoA. But just look back .. the crying of many players that could not even remotely survive in Mordor - that should tell you something really important.

    But back to SoA and Moria Ages: Someone that was at level cap also had to have done group content, because else no good items from the Epic Book - which also helped give the players skill needed for instances. Nowadays they play to 120 solo and then, as you will always be told, if you level and dont valar, you learn to play your class .. lol, you dont. you learn to hit a few buttons and kill enemies that cant even kill you if you are in quest gear and hit random keys. Back in SoA they would have died at every pull ...

    I mean, an example: Thrang T1 some days ago .. We 4 from our raid have 2 open places, no DD in group yet, so we ask in WC .. 2 DD plus and we invite them .. after the 5th fumerole on Thrang he was not even below half morale .. and no, their gear was not bad - With their gear they should have been able to kill him in 2-3 fumeroles easily, yet not even close to it.

    So, stop talking about gear - start talking about skill and how many players dont understand the basics of their class anymore - Maybe also have ideas on how to fix that, because that is the real problem. (And i bet, that most of the players crying they cant complete the raid because they miss BIS gear that they would NOT be able to finish the raid even if you give him a char with double the stats of a BIS geared char)

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenirion View Post
    I see so many people who want the best rewards without putting in the effort. There are plenty of helpful people in the community, but they can't make you want to improve. Where there's a will, there's a way.
    I know right, it's terrible. Fancy not wanting to bother with crafting, let alone working up through 11 levels of it and then grinding out a massive heap of reputation with a guild - per character - but still wanting that unique crafted relic. Where there's a will, there's a way, or you can just rely on SSG to overturn all that work put in by people that did it, take it away from them completely and give it to those who couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 25 2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    The gear gap was always there, and it was always the same as today...
    Nope. Not even close. Early on there were relatively small differences in stats between say crit crafted gear and the bis from raids. Now there's a huge difference. Yes, there was always some gap, but "the same as today"? Not even close.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I know right, it's terrible. Fancy not wanting to bother with crafting, let alone working up through 11 levels of it and then grinding out a massive heap of reputation with a guild - per character - but still wanting that unique crafted relic. Where there's a will, there's a way, or you can just rely on SSG to overturn all that work put in by people that did it, take it away from them completely and give it to those who couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.
    Oh you mean that one crafted relic from 5 years ago with useless stats that hasn't been scaled up until U24? The one that was irrelevant for years and still is after the scaling, because there's a new one? Damn right, I wouldn't bother with guild rep either on my 4th+ alt, so that I can get a 0,01% damage increase. People haven't been asking for crafted relics to be just handed to them. What they've been asking for were new crafted relics with decent stats and that's what they gave us. I 100% agree though, that there should be an alternative way for people to acquire Artifacts of the Vale. Either in exchange for Vales currency or as a weekly reward. Rimes only is bad for the overall health of the game and I say that as someone who's in a raiding kin with access to Rimes. Crafting should be more relevant throughout the whole lifecycle of an update.
    Last edited by Daenirion; Jun 25 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Server: [DE]Gwaihir, Kinship: Hecki Hecki Pateng

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Everything here is just personal opinion, not facts.
    Yes, mostly, thank you. Because experience is individual and very different from one person to another, and from one class to another.

    Some won't notice big difference, either because big means something else to them, or because they go with old raid armor. Or who knows why. You see many rune keepers in Abyss gear, because of the bonus. Beorns in Throne gear. Hunters with jewellery BB set. Etcetera. Some raid groups calculate stats not on an individual but on a group level. Like we need this amount damage here to kill that boss in that time frame type of thing. Some will ask for particular stats. Some for particular old raid gear set on some classes.

    My experience is such that this time around light classes were easy to get raid ready. Some don't even need anything from raid. My lore master runs with half of purple pieces... I have no single raid item slotted, because I don't need it, and can give drop to other alt or other fellow player. I think hardest to gear was guard to my knowledge (after changes made in the raid), and many took opportunity of a festival to gather golden essences.

    Raids lately were a lot about maxing group damage, especially through buffs and debuffs. Some think that's job for burglar and lore master, while actually every class can help and should do so. In Anvil it is also about awareness and coordination. I find that most people do have basic knowledge of their alts. Was surprised few times, I won't lie, but nothing that can't be explained and learned on a go. Some don't want to bother.

    But aside all of it, I do not understand why we argue. It's sad really. People that do not raid, due to lack of time, or no interest, or not being able to find group, or having bad previous experience, or for whatever other reason, are left this time around with very few ways of making any improvements, and all they ask is to have another way of obtaining couple of more worthy items. Device was ever a guild item! I do not see nor understand why they shouldn't get it. They also work hard for it, just in another way. Those who do raid, won't loose anything by it, and should land support. There will come a day, as it was the case before, when raiders will complain and will need help from the rest of the community. Let not our memory be too short and our community spirit vanished into thin air.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Nope. Not even close. Early on there were relatively small differences in stats between say crit crafted gear and the bis from raids. Now there's a huge difference. Yes, there was always some gap, but "the same as today"? Not even close.
    You're right with real class bonuses the gap was bigger nor some classes would run with old gear for the bonuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Yes, mostly, thank you. Because experience is individual and very different from one person to another, and from one class to another.

    Some won't notice big difference, either because big means something else to them, or because they go with old raid armor. Or who knows why. You see many rune keepers in Abyss gear, because of the bonus. Beorns in Throne gear. Hunters with jewellery BB set. Etcetera. Some raid groups calculate stats not on an individual but on a group level. Like we need this amount damage here to kill that boss in that time frame type of thing. Some will ask for particular stats. Some for particular old raid gear set on some classes.

    My experience is such that this time around light classes were easy to get raid ready. Some don't even need anything from raid. My lore master runs with half of purple pieces... I have no single raid item slotted, because I don't need it, and can give drop to other alt or other fellow player. I think hardest to gear was guard to my knowledge (after changes made in the raid), and many took opportunity of a festival to gather golden essences.

    Raids lately were a lot about maxing group damage, especially through buffs and debuffs. Some think that's job for burglar and lore master, while actually every class can help and should do so. In Anvil it is also about awareness and coordination. I find that most people do have basic knowledge of their alts. Was surprised few times, I won't lie, but nothing that can't be explained and learned on a go. Some don't want to bother.

    But aside all of it, I do not understand why we argue. It's sad really. People that do not raid, due to lack of time, or no interest, or not being able to find group, or having bad previous experience, or for whatever other reason, are left this time around with very few ways of making any improvements, and all they ask is to have another way of obtaining couple of more worthy items. Device was ever a guild item! I do not see nor understand why they shouldn't get it. They also work hard for it, just in another way. Those who do raid, won't loose anything by it, and should land support. There will come a day, as it was the case before, when raiders will complain and will need help from the rest of the community. Let not our memory be too short and our community spirit vanished into thin air.
    Guards are easy to equip yuo can reach t3 raid caps and 250k morale with teal gear which is more than enough for anvil t2 where you find the sets and wola you can run t3.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Guards are easy to equip yuo can reach t3 raid caps and 250k morale with teal gear which is more than enough for anvil t2 where you find the sets and wola you can run t3.
    I love when your selective reading pops up Mukor. What teal gear? Raid gear is also teal. At any rate, reports from our guards, who by now done raid on all tiers, was otherwise. So I can only say that your statement might be true in your realm. And btw my post was in large part about people having different experiences...

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    I love when your selective reading pops up Mukor. What teal gear? Raid gear is also teal. At any rate, reports from our guards, who by now done raid on all tiers, was otherwise. So I can only say that your statement might be true in your realm. And btw my post was in large part about people having different experiences...
    Normal instance gear with the correct selection of the gear. T2 essences a few golden, highest items level possible 279 etc.
    But this is more as needed for anvil t2 around 210k I unbuffed is enough.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload