We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U24 Relics - Item Restrictions

I finally made ally and was looking to start slotting upgrading my Relics in the Vales, but it looks like there are some pretty stiff restrictions on what relic can go with what LI. Has this always been the case? At the very least it is not a straight comparison to previous updates.

At the very least be warned...read the small print before trading Gulmarks for relics, otherwise you may have relics you cannot use in your inventory (like me).
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

If you talk about the runes dps/heal rating + crit.
    They were nearly allways restricred changed with moria.
    The heal rating only work o. The class items, the dps runes only on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    I finally made ally and was looking to start slotting upgrading my Relics in the Vales, but it looks like there are some pretty stiff restrictions on what relic can go with what LI. Has this always been the case? At the very least it is not a straight comparison to previous updates.

At the very least be warned...read the small print before trading Gulmarks for relics, otherwise you may have relics you cannot use in your inventory (like me).
    iirc:
    The Rune relics (Binding enchantment and striking)was made available shortly after Mordor was released as drops from instances in a purple(T1 & T2) and blue(T2) version, and later on, a better one could be bartered after completing the Abyss raid.
    All runes, at first, could be applied to both LI's. Later (when we was doing quests in Dale etc), after a class balance pass, that was changed to Striking and Enchantment only could be applied to weapons, and the Binding one only could be applied to Class items. Classes with two weapons could use two runes of the same type (ex. hunters and wardens)

Quote Originally Posted by Endoloose View Post
    iirc:
    The Rune relics (Binding enchantment and striking)was made available shortly after Mordor was released as drops from instances in a purple(T1 & T2) and blue(T2) version, and later on, a better one could be bartered after completing the Abyss raid.
    All runes, at first, could be applied to both LI's. Later (when we was doing quests in Dale etc), after a class balance pass, that was changed to Striking and Enchantment only could be applied to weapons, and the Binding one only could be applied to Class items. Classes with two weapons could use two runes of the same type (ex. hunters and wardens)
    But only one rune counts. E. G. Hunter all range skills are improved by the rune on the bow and all melee from the tune on the sword.