We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vales of Anduin Vaultkeeper

Why are there no Vault keepers in the new Vales of Anduin region?

Also why are there no auction houses too.

And finally, why does the stable master in Hultvis not show up on the radar or map like the other places do.

Quote Originally Posted by Digaloo View Post
    Why are there no Vault keepers in the new Vales of Anduin region?

Also why are there no auction houses too.

And finally, why does the stable master in Hultvis not show up on the radar or map like the other places do.
    Having only just started the region I can only hazard a guess.

The names and maps are a usual occurrence and will probably not even be missed until you bug it... did you?

As regards there being no vaults nor AH... is there a story reason as to why there isn't?
    I find it hard to believe that it was an oversight... maybe you just haven't found it yet?
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

The names and maps are a usual occurrence and will probably not even be missed until you bug it... did you?

As regards there being no vaults nor AH... is there a story reason as to why there isn't?
    I find it hard to believe that it was an oversight... maybe you just haven't found it yet?
    he is right !
    there is no vault or ah in the vales n i m quite allright with this!!!
    its the wilderness we dont need them there
    use the map n travel if you really need them!
    there is no ah in skarhald, even the vault keeper looks really out of place since it is just reoqupied n almost a ruin!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

I've checked and double checked, and there is no vault or AH in the new area. I can't see any story reason why there wouldn't be either, as there are regular looking fenced off friendly camps and main hub. Haven't bugged it, but may do that later today. First I want to check all the hubs though, to make sure there isn't a couple of doors somewhere that can be opened and the services are inside, but not marked on the map.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Maybe, just maybe, they were left out intentionally, as the main trade route via the Mirkwood Forest gate was closed until the beginning of U24 story.

But on the other hand they just could've been forgotten or just didn't make the release build (like the Reflecting Pool that was at least added in 24.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, they were left out intentionally, as the main trade route via the Mirkwood Forest gate was closed until the beginning of U24 story.

But on the other hand they just could've been forgotten or just didn't make the release build (like the Reflecting Pool that was at least added in 24.1).
    And in any case if you don't have a 5 minute port to one of the Mordor rep faction houses, all of which DO have a vault and auction hall, it's really easy to get. The best one is Erebor (Dwarves) for all sorts of reasons.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I've checked and double checked, and there is no vault or AH in the new area. I can't see any story reason why there wouldn't be either, as there are regular looking fenced off friendly camps and main hub. Haven't bugged it, but may do that later today. First I want to check all the hubs though, to make sure there isn't a couple of doors somewhere that can be opened and the services are inside, but not marked on the map.
    It is consistent with the precedent set previously that regions without major settlements do not have all "civilized" facilities available.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    It is consistent with the precedent set previously that regions without major settlements do not have all "civilized" facilities available.
    This is not a general rule. There are places within Middle Earth where a Vault Keeper stands around in a camp or a ruin. Examples:
    - Tinnudir (Evendim)
    - Ost Galadh (Mirkwood)
    - Osgiliath (After Battle)
    - The Camp of the Host (Wastes)

So I don't see a reason why there couldn't be a house in Hultvis with vault service.

Right click your radar and check the filters. I saw someone else with this problem on Twitch the other day and the stable master one was unchecked for some reason.

I think they've given some stable masters a new name, Far Ranging Stable Master or something like that.

First I'd heard of this, but it does seem to be the reason for the icon not showing on map or radar.
    However, he still has nothing over his head but the glow thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Right click your radar and check the filters. I saw someone else with this problem on Twitch the other day and the stable master one was unchecked for some reason.

I think they've given some stable masters a new name, Far Ranging Stable Master or something like that.

My filters are OK. I can see all the other Stable Masters (e.g. Beorninghus, Vegbar etc.) on both the map and on the radar but the one at Hultvis does not show up.

It may be because it is not described as a 'stable master' but as a 'far ranging stable master'.

My guess is that this is a bug.

It may be because it is not described as a 'stable master' but as a 'far ranging stable master'.

My guess is that this is a bug.
    Nope, not a bug just, a new feature that isn't activated by default.

Go to your map, check the filters. There are two new filter items that can (and should!) be activated:
    - "Far-ranging Stable Master" --> Blue horse head icon at Hultivis appears
    - "Eagle --> Shows Eagle port to and from The Carrock

Not sure why the Far-ranging Stable Master was introduced, since there are a lot of standard stable masters that let you port to the other end of Middle Earth.

Thanks i will do that

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Not sure why the Far-ranging Stable Master was introduced, since there are a lot of standard stable masters that let you port to the other end of Middle Earth.
    One of my "as I get to it" tasks is to review the stable masters in each reason and try to make the routes they offer be a bit more comprehensive and sense-making. As part of that, I wanted a way to show which stablemasters were able to send you off to all corners of the game world (Far Ranging) instead of just to the local and adjacent regions. The Stable Master in Hultvis is the first one to use this.

Seems like you only managed to confuse folks as there is no explanation of this in release notes. Also, the Stable map tab already identifies the 'hub' long range stables.

Somewhere along the quest line it was mentioned that the locals were more a bartering community. RNG might deliver them a prized pig in the deal, or not ofc.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    One of my "as I get to it" tasks is to review the stable masters in each reason and try to make the routes they offer be a bit more comprehensive and sense-making. As part of that, I wanted a way to show which stablemasters were able to send you off to all corners of the game world (Far Ranging) instead of just to the local and adjacent regions. The Stable Master in Hultvis is the first one to use this.
    ok Scen!
    thanks!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

This is not a general rule. There are places within Middle Earth where a Vault Keeper stands around in a camp or a ruin. Examples:
    - Tinnudir (Evendim)
    - Ost Galadh (Mirkwood)
    - Osgiliath (After Battle)
    - The Camp of the Host (Wastes)

So I don't see a reason why there couldn't be a house in Hultvis with vault service.
    all those 4 places are on a route to civilazation, i believe there is no need to explain each one of them........
    now beornings r known of not like having contact with other settlements, only a trade route to felegoth,
    n there r people that does not value gold,
    about the rest of the forrest people, (remnants of the rohirims??? i saw no horses but only some wild on that Andhuin island.....),
    at the north there r the beornings that does not value gold, at the south is Lothlorien, a closed society, that does not allow transpasers,
    at the east are the misty mountains full of goblins n wargs n the forrest at the west with no trade paths........
    personally i dont have a prob if the devs are adding vault keeper n AH at some point, (since now we r establishing new trade routes),
    but also theree is not a problem at all not having them since its so easy to have those acomondations with a 5min map cd .........
    also i believe that 100s for riding with the fast horse to dale or erebor its not a big deal!

- Tinnudir (Evendim)

this vault keeper wasn't in the area at its launch though, iirc. it was only added relatively recently (within the past 4-5 years) i think?

of the others you mentioned, OsgiAB makes the least sense to me. the other two are major staging posts for armies, but there's (almost) nothing to do in Osgi.

the vales, on the other hand, have erebor/dale on one side, and lorien on the other. they've plenty of access to vault storage, without needing it specifically placed there.

I quite like this aspect. Stable routes definitely need some attention to help them make more sense.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 120 - Brandywine

Ooh, I thought that's what this was hinting at. I like it!

While you're doing this, could you add quick travel options for the lower bits of Moria: Orc-watch, Anazarmakhem, and Rotting Cellar?
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    he is right !
    there is no vault or ah in the vales n i m quite allright with this!!!
    its the wilderness we dont need them there
    use the map n travel if you really need them!
    there is no ah in skarhald, even the vault keeper looks really out of place since it is just reoqupied n almost a ruin!
    There are vault keepers in less likely places, like the wastes. There are actual towns in the Vales. But what really doesn't make sense is having no facilities whatsoever in Felegoth. I know Dale, Erebor, and Laketown have them, but there's no reason not to have another choice. Let it be something more than a huge cavern full of nice scenery, add a vault, auction house, and crafting areas.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

I wanted a way to show which stablemasters were able to send you off to all corners of the game world (Far Ranging) instead of just to the local and adjacent regions.
    Oh, that makes sense. Patch notes would have helped here.

If you're ever looking to revamp the stable-route UI and logic I vote for a universal set of travel options at every stable so that you could reach any stable from any other stable. Maybe something like the craft recipe UI could be used. The top tier would include all of the nearby locations that would be available at that stablemaster as it now but then under that first tier of options there'd be tiers representing all of the other regions you know at least one route to. As you click into each region the destinations you have opened the stable route to in that region would be listed. That would eliminate the chore of trying to find the main hubs (like what you're trying to do with the Far Ranging Stablemasters) or just the proper slow travel route combination to reach out-of-the-way stables you've not been to in a while. Alternately, what about using the existing Stable Route Collection UI? Have that UI pop up when you use a stablemaster then allow for clicking on any destination directly from that UI. Offer slow and fast routes for all destinations. Want to take a slow ride from Thorin's Hall to the Camp of the Host? Done. Want to fast travel from The Rotten Cellar to Eastern Gondor? Done.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    While you're doing this, could you add quick travel options for the lower bits of Moria: Orc-watch, Anazarmakhem, and Rotting Cellar?
    /signed
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Moria travel is a mess - I just finished playing through it with a Beorning and there is little consistency in how destinations are connected. Plus there are all the quick "convenience goats". That will be a big task to sort through when I have the time for it.

Regarding the other town services in Vales of Anduin, and Hultvis specifically, we talked a little bit internally about what suite of services should be available. It was ultimately decided that, for the flavor of the region, it made some sense to not have things like the Vault and Auction Hall in Hultvis, especially considering the destinations accessible by the Stable Master there (as well as all the milestone and travel skill options available to players).

Will we change that in the future? Possibly - but for the time being, that's the brief background on the decision.

Erm, a bit OT here - but when that time arrives, don't forget about the South Gate on the Pelennor, where Turgon stands for the dailies in Harlond? Pretty, pretty please? [Imagine huge Puss in Boots eyes here.]