We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: Should SSG reintroduce the old 65 endgame loot tables?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Implement Old Loot Tables

25 86.21%
  • Don't Implement Old Loot Tables

4 13.79%

Exclamation Petition to Reinstate Old 65 Loot Tables

If anyone here supports the reinstatement of the old level 65 Mirkwood/In Their Absense/Ost Dunhoth loot tables, please visit, read & sign the following petition: http://chng.it/FJbdrzvB

The petition states:

"With the arrival of 65 level cap to the legendary servers Anor and Ithil earlier this week, myself and many others were disappointed to realize that the gear you can acquire from the endgame content is not a part of the classic loot tables--which are still on-file in the database.

Not implementing these loot tables can have massive effects on the feel of the next few months' worth of content progression, and not to mention, inflict & exacerbate potential conflicts of interest created as a byproduct due to the failure of their implementation.

Non-linear loot tables are a key ingredient to the imperative feeling of accomplishment and progression that is so vitally necessary in the game. Previously, we saw the release of Moria and Lothlorien, both of which include non-linear loot tables with non-scaling drops. This level of gear complexity was exciting & nostalgic; the new metas that surfaced following the recent stat rework was new and interesting, and actually resulted in a multi-faceted gearing system that encouraged multiple gear sets and engaging moments where you could swap to an item not in the upper eschelon of the content's loot to provide you with a bonus possibly not satisfied by any other piece of loot in quite the same way.

The players request that you re-institute these loot tables on the legendary servers for all of us to enjoy throughout the Mirkwood/Enedwaith content cycle.

Other reasons to do so include:

1. Failure to implement old loot tables could cause dramatic inflation in the player economy due to the capability of buying level 65 scaled loot, thereby bypassing the need to do some of the content altogether.
    2. Would encourage players to experience a broader range of the on-level content over an extended period of time. This discourages the habit of purchasing scaled gear off the auction (out of impatience) as aforementioned.
    3. Would prolong the average required time to fully gear your character, assuming that most BiS gear was acquired from instance locked challenge mode chests.
    4. Would result in a more diverse gearing experience at level 65; the new stat allocation, combined with the new virtue system remaster could create some new and interesting metas.
    5. There's something to be said about getting badass named gear with a self-standing reputation. Getting a [Potent Valorous x of Penetration] etc., just isn't as exciting.
    6. The items are still on-file & updated since the stat rework.
    7. To those of us that were around during the old Mirkwood days, it'd be nostalgic.
    8. It just makes sense.

Standing Stone Games: please consider reinstating the old level 65 loot tables. As the reasons outline above, it would bring about much healthier player behavior, and discourage unhealthy ones.

If for no other reason, this is a legendary server. Where we can't experience the game as it was in the gameplay, the classes, or the content in exactly the same way, we should at least be able to re-experience the loot that defined this era of The Lord of the Rings Online.

Thank you for reading. Your players thank you."

Please share the petition with your friends, leveling buddies, kinnies, et cetera.

- Daddyshark/KLAUUS

Why not make old loot barterable via Legendary Coins of Mirkwood if its too hard to implement them back into the instances.
    That means you cant everything fast. And you cant get as many as you want because you only can get 10 or 15 Legendary Coins per Week.
    Just make them cost like 4 or 5 Coins each.
    In the end you have to do many intances for them but cant get them easy like skirm camp stuff.

Adding OLD LOOT in some way is a MUST to keep the Legendary Servers alive.

Signed

Quote Originally Posted by Awelina View Post
    Why not make old loot barterable via Legendary Coins of Mirkwood if its too hard to implement them back into the instances.
    That means you cant everything fast. And you cant get as many as you want because you only can get 10 or 15 Legendary Coins per Week.
    Just make them cost like 4 or 5 Coins each.
    In the end you have to do many intances for them but cant get them easy like skirm camp stuff.

Or this.

+1
    +1 to Awelina's suggestion should option 1 be too hard.

Really want this to happen.

Signed and voted. Make this happen SSG or suffer the consequences.
    Cordovan has a sexy beard.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryarcher View Post
    If anyone here supports the reinstatement of the old level 65 Mirkwood/In Their Absense/Ost Dunhoth loot tables, please visit, read & sign the following petition: http://chng.it/FJbdrzvB

The petition states:

"With the arrival of 65 level cap to the legendary servers Anor and Ithil earlier this week, myself and many others were disappointed to realize that the gear you can acquire from the endgame content is not a part of the classic loot tables--which are still on-file in the database.

Not implementing these loot tables can have massive effects on the feel of the next few months' worth of content progression, and not to mention, inflict & exacerbate potential conflicts of interest created as a byproduct due to the failure of their implementation.

Non-linear loot tables are a key ingredient to the imperative feeling of accomplishment and progression that is so vitally necessary in the game. Previously, we saw the release of Moria and Lothlorien, both of which include non-linear loot tables with non-scaling drops. This level of gear complexity was exciting & nostalgic; the new metas that surfaced following the recent stat rework was new and interesting, and actually resulted in a multi-faceted gearing system that encouraged multiple gear sets and engaging moments where you could swap to an item not in the upper eschelon of the content's loot to provide you with a bonus possibly not satisfied by any other piece of loot in quite the same way.

The players request that you re-institute these loot tables on the legendary servers for all of us to enjoy throughout the Mirkwood/Enedwaith content cycle.

Other reasons to do so include:

1. Failure to implement old loot tables could cause dramatic inflation in the player economy due to the capability of buying level 65 scaled loot, thereby bypassing the need to do some of the content altogether.
    2. Would encourage players to experience a broader range of the on-level content over an extended period of time. This discourages the habit of purchasing scaled gear off the auction (out of impatience) as aforementioned.
    3. Would prolong the average required time to fully gear your character, assuming that most BiS gear was acquired from instance locked challenge mode chests.
    4. Would result in a more diverse gearing experience at level 65; the new stat allocation, combined with the new virtue system remaster could create some new and interesting metas.
    5. There's something to be said about getting badass named gear with a self-standing reputation. Getting a [Potent Valorous x of Penetration] etc., just isn't as exciting.
    6. The items are still on-file & updated since the stat rework.
    7. To those of us that were around during the old Mirkwood days, it'd be nostalgic.
    8. It just makes sense.

Standing Stone Games: please consider reinstating the old level 65 loot tables. As the reasons outline above, it would bring about much healthier player behavior, and discourage unhealthy ones.

If for no other reason, this is a legendary server. Where we can't experience the game as it was in the gameplay, the classes, or the content in exactly the same way, we should at least be able to re-experience the loot that defined this era of The Lord of the Rings Online.

Thank you for reading. Your players thank you."

Please share the petition with your friends, leveling buddies, kinnies, et cetera.

- Daddyshark/KLAUUS

Unfortunately your database is outdated, the classic items ceased to exist in the moments particular instances were scaled to higher levels and even Ancient Ettenmoors items were permanently removed from the game. The classic 1 Token for 1 armour piece was removed with one notable raid exception later on.

Not Signed nor It will help thee with thy cause. At current point after witnessing so much complaints on loot purely and player's strict limited views on a single I would want them to do anything anymore because players will always something to complain I grew weary of opening the forums to read negative threads and constant ungratefulness and requests if it does not fit to their cause.

Do they have such an overpowering and profound effect? The classic loot was diminished with the introduction of scaling in ages past thus the certain gear was placed in the skirmish camp. Barad Guldur and Ost Dunhoth belong in the same vessel and it may be far more complicated to add original loot once more.

The Moria instances were non scaling instances and they were untouched or in your book perhaps unspoiled therefore you had the access to unique loot but even Moria was changed because of the simplistic Medalions of Moria approach which again happened years ago.

True, One cannot barter for old set which is clearly on skirmish camp,but greyed out and I am sure there is a reason and intention behind it the same way they restricted the use of First Age Elder King symbols.

The Moria gear was supremely and tremendously potent , do not be so easily drowned into Nostalgia and again after thousand times the Loot strict view, Indeed there was a wide array of the different items available from the old instances but certain bonuses

Alright let us break-though your eight points.

1) The economy is already is the catastrophic state where near all of the prices have no sense and the Greed-hall will always remain the same irrelevant to the absence of the "classic" loot. You fail to realise the issue lies in players, Read what you have stated again. Let me give thee an example and such is the nature of humanity to obtain items in least painful way.

You have the powerful piece of item ready on Auction its scaled , let us buy it and ignore doing the actual instance to experience the thrill,joy,story,lore,exciteme nt,new soundtrack, the actual instance in detailed way , but only items exist and nothing else shall matter ~ "if there is already the item desired on Auction There is no point for me doing and instance no matter how terrible or superb it is"

They will bypass because they care only for loot only,surely. You should be satisfied with titles and your accomplishment and triumph should be enough for reward.

2) Ah, let us go back to 50 cap on Legendary. Did the essence grind encouraged players to grind for Tier III Rift, it did indeed and they have done despite being the most absurd and the most ludicrous decision to even have essences so early on. Let's leave it at side. As much as it pains me to admit you are semi correct, Some players seem to be fuelled by greater loot and it might only drive them forward to experience instances due to possible drops and greater power for their characters and then if I ask them how was the raid , did you love it? It was bad, "I came there for the earning" What was the story? Oh, I have literally no clue, I care not, I care only for Golden pocket item for Upcoming Summer instance in world chat will explode in literal sense. I can see in coming already ,the Thrang madness

3) Thou art wrong. If one can beat Tier II instance, you already are geared, the end. There is no greater challenge and more difficult task of beating TierIIc in MMO with the exception of extreme solo feats and PvMP ,but Player Monster play is currently disabled and there are few players out there attempting the near impossible and there is even less interest in Monster play on a broader spectrum. You are living in the past. Legendary servers are not classic ones , people need to accept the changes and stop asking Standing Stone Games to implement or change back something not even Turbi ne was able/wanted to in the Elder days.

4) Let me in other way: It would further amplify our already formidable characters and I promise to visit thee on Arkenstone and rest for while for I grew weary and tired of the conflict and near-constant grind and dealing with silliness and toxicity of community and in general near constant tireless work to raid,lead and wage infinite war.

As is new virtue polish was not enough or scaled up 65 items which was confirmed already in the update notes. The more versatile gear and better access will only simplfy the process. We already posses the power to beat anything, there is no need for First Age symbols at all before level 75 as well.

5)It does indeed ,though its a relative term and point of view. Once upon a time Wig Feld was a unique cloak , now everyone can buy the replica from the store. The raid itself, the satisfaction, the challenge completion and love of battle should be enough not the items which followed later on, truly tis a sorrowful day. You are telling you went there to climb on top of the Barad Guldur to get a blade or some piece of jewel, tis the ultimate fulfilling dream for thee? To spend hours raiding and be mind locked for one shiny piece of metal?

6) And it will remain so.

7) Yea and I have told thee. Nostalgia is your weakness and you are blinded by it, The changes were inevitable.

8) It makes zero sense, It did not make sense from start when essences at 50,Gondor Premium housing at 50,High enchancter, lootboxes,High elves and so on, could present you dozens of other aspects.

No forget about classic loot, the only thing you might have is the first age symbols and nothing else. The healthy player-base is evolving and focusing on way more than a stirct loot obsession nor will discourage an intelligent individual to keep on if there is no greater variety of loot options.

Right, tis a legendary server, not the classic one. Ah, the loot did not defined the greatest era of Lord of the Rings Online. Tis falling on dear ears by now.

You should give up because it wont happen. I have told players before Mirkwood was re-released you wont have symbols dropping, you will not have old loot, they did not beleived , now they wont believe me again naturally when I say they wont change scaled instnaces, Rise of Isengard will be different since Tower of Orthanc was never scaled and it will satisfy your desire.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post

Unfortunately your database is outdated, the classic items ceased to exist in the moments particular instances were scaled to higher levels and even Ancient Ettenmoors items were permanently removed from the game. The classic 1 Token for 1 armour piece was removed with one notable raid exception later on.

Not Signed nor It will help thee with thy cause. At current point after witnessing so much complaints on loot purely and player's strict limited views on a single I would want them to do anything anymore because players will always something to complain I grew weary of opening the forums to read negative threads and constant ungratefulness and requests if it does not fit to their cause.

Do they have such an overpowering and profound effect? The classic loot was diminished with the introduction of scaling in ages past thus the certain gear was placed in the skirmish camp. Barad Guldur and Ost Dunhoth belong in the same vessel and it may be far more complicated to add original loot once more.

The Moria instances were non scaling instances and they were untouched or in your book perhaps unspoiled therefore you had the access to unique loot but even Moria was changed because of the simplistic Medalions of Moria approach which again happened years ago.

True, One cannot barter for old set which is clearly on skirmish camp,but greyed out and I am sure there is a reason and intention behind it the same way they restricted the use of First Age Elder King symbols.

The Moria gear was supremely and tremendously potent , do not be so easily drowned into Nostalgia and again after thousand times the Loot strict view, Indeed there was a wide array of the different items available from the old instances but certain bonuses

Alright let us break-though your eight points.

1) The economy is already is the catastrophic state where near all of the prices have no sense and the Greed-hall will always remain the same irrelevant to the absence of the "classic" loot. You fail to realise the issue lies in players, Read what you have stated again. Let me give thee an example and such is the nature of humanity to obtain items in least painful way.

You have the powerful piece of item ready on Auction its scaled , let us buy it and ignore doing the actual instance to experience the thrill,joy,story,lore,exciteme nt,new soundtrack, the actual instance in detailed way , but only items exist and nothing else shall matter ~ "if there is already the item desired on Auction There is no point for me doing and instance no matter how terrible or superb it is"

They will bypass because they care only for loot only,surely. You should be satisfied with titles and your accomplishment and triumph should be enough for reward.

2) Ah, let us go back to 50 cap on Legendary. Did the essence grind encouraged players to grind for Tier III Rift, it did indeed and they have done despite being the most absurd and the most ludicrous decision to even have essences so early on. Let's leave it at side. As much as it pains me to admit you are semi correct, Some players seem to be fuelled by greater loot and it might only drive them forward to experience instances due to possible drops and greater power for their characters and then if I ask them how was the raid , did you love it? It was bad, "I came there for the earning" What was the story? Oh, I have literally no clue, I care not, I care only for Golden pocket item for Upcoming Summer instance in world chat will explode in literal sense. I can see in coming already ,the Thrang madness

3) Thou art wrong. If one can beat Tier II instance, you already are geared, the end. There is no greater challenge and more difficult task of beating TierIIc in MMO with the exception of extreme solo feats and PvMP ,but Player Monster play is currently disabled and there are few players out there attempting the near impossible and there is even less interest in Monster play on a broader spectrum. You are living in the past. Legendary servers are not classic ones , people need to accept the changes and stop asking Standing Stone Games to implement or change back something not even Turbi ne was able/wanted to in the Elder days.

4) Let me in other way: It would further amplify our already formidable characters and I promise to visit thee on Arkenstone and rest for while for I grew weary and tired of the conflict and near-constant grind and dealing with silliness and toxicity of community and in general near constant tireless work to raid,lead and wage infinite war.

As is new virtue polish was not enough or scaled up 65 items which was confirmed already in the update notes. The more versatile gear and better access will only simplfy the process. We already posses the power to beat anything, there is no need for First Age symbols at all before level 75 as well.

5)It does indeed ,though its a relative term and point of view. Once upon a time Wig Feld was a unique cloak , now everyone can buy the replica from the store. The raid itself, the satisfaction, the challenge completion and love of battle should be enough not the items which followed later on, truly tis a sorrowful day. You are telling you went there to climb on top of the Barad Guldur to get a blade or some piece of jewel, tis the ultimate fulfilling dream for thee? To spend hours raiding and be mind locked for one shiny piece of metal?

6) And it will remain so.

7) Yea and I have told thee. Nostalgia is your weakness and you are blinded by it, The changes were inevitable.

8) It makes zero sense, It did not make sense from start when essences at 50,Gondor Premium housing at 50,High enchancter, lootboxes,High elves and so on, could present you dozens of other aspects.

No forget about classic loot, the only thing you might have is the first age symbols and nothing else. The healthy player-base is evolving and focusing on way more than a stirct loot obsession nor will discourage an intelligent individual to keep on if there is no greater variety of loot options.

Right, tis a legendary server, not the classic one. Ah, the loot did not defined the greatest era of Lord of the Rings Online. Tis falling on dear ears by now.

You should give up because it wont happen. I have told players before Mirkwood was re-released you wont have symbols dropping, you will not have old loot, they did not beleived , now they wont believe me again naturally when I say they wont change scaled instnaces, Rise of Isengard will be different since Tower of Orthanc was never scaled and it will satisfy your desire.
    Aside from being quite possibly the most poorly-worded, horrible un-grammatically correct and near-impossible-to-understand forum I have perhaps ever seen, your in depth analysis lacks real thoroughness and truth, frankly put. Rather than rebut my points logically, and provide sound reasons as to why they could possibly be a misstep of thought, you only seem to use non sequitur reasons to illuminate your "breakdown" of my points, which by the way, were laced with discrepancies & battered by the eroding wave of your entirely subjective thoughts & opinions.

I'd like to see some verification of your claim that the old loot tables have been removed. Because I can assure you that I have the most updated version of the Compendium, which finds all of the old 65 loot well within it's search results, and they have received stat boosts (and in some case, stats have been swapped out completely)--this can be verified by finding old LotroWiki pages that haven't been updated since ~2014, et cetera.

Allow me to properly respond to your objections-

1. My point was that failure to implement the old loot tables could cause inflation. Whether there is currently inflation or not does not matter--there can always be more, and to suggest that somehow this fact means you should just simply shrug it off and allow the situation to worsen than to do something that could curb it even just a smidgen is idiotic, at best. If one of the rooms of your house was on fire--representing the auction house--the other parts of the house, the remainder of the game & and it's systems, would you throw up your hands and go "well, let the whole house burn, nothing we can do"? There are always ways you can tweak systems, regardless of the player variable. The "player choice" variable only goes as far as the systems allocate for. In effect, one could CHOOSE to put a Symbol of the Elder King on the Auction for 5000g, but does that decision by the player automatically mean an impact on the remainder of the market? No. The rest of the market might twitch at the sight of such a ludicrous price, but overall remain unfazed, as it would be universally accepted that the person who put that item up for purchase had more than a few screws loose.

And on just a basic level, allowing a system to develop that promotes the selling of (supposed) best in slot endgame gear on the Auction House is a failing one. The best gear should be obtained from instance drops, and have necessary instance locks prohibiting (to specific established degrees) players from spamming that particular raid and dungeon all day long until finally the drop chance is in their favor. Even beyond the concept of the auction house: IF they intend to keep the scaled gear as the bread and butter of the 65 endgame content, it isn't even properly optimized. The Medallions of Moria gear sets and DN sets have higher stat values currently.

2. This conversation isn't about essences. Luckily the state of essences at 65 cap seems to be almost 100% not worth pursuing at all, and shouldn't even be considered, as I don't think SSG views it as a system they intend to have function on the highest level of gearing on Anor/Ithil. To a degree, it seems like you almost agreed with me, and simply restated what I said:

"...Some players seem to be fuelled by greater loot and it might only drive them forward to experience instances due to possible drops and greater power for their characters..."

Exactly. So why would you jeopardize a system that functions perfectly (when implemented) and trade it out for a system with less meaningful, carbon-copied BoE items that can be distributed out like candy, rather than having to be earned through time and dedication?

3. Beating a T2 instance does not automatically mean you're geared. It means you know with certainty that you have unequivocal access to the percentage chance of obtaining all of your gear via drop(s), acting on the presumption you are able to repeatedly re-clear that same T2 content--are you forgetting that there's more to gear than just the armour?

4. So let me get this straight... you're playing an MMORPG and have complaints about the "constant grind" while on the same coin you're also saying (as highlighted in your 3rd point) that "If one can beat Tier II instance, you already are geared, the end." Using your logic, if beating a T2C instance automatically means you're geared, then what's the grind to have an issue with?

Also, really? You think the grind you find on the legendary servers is even worth mentioning at all? On a solely quantitative level, combined with the QoL changes that have occurred over the years, and the immense over-tuning of player characters for the content at-hand, the grind is a minor inconvenience at best--hardly a beast to conquer.

5. The completion should be reward enough? I just can't really respond to this one because I think we can all agree that this is silly. In a game that has always offered loot, in additional to the satisfaction of completing a feat as your reward, you're now saying adequate loot shouldn't be expected? What for? What difference would it make to you if they added the loot? What exactly are you defending? I don't see your point here.

6. You legitimately just said that they no longer have the items on-file:

"...Unfortunately your database is outdated, the classic items ceased to exist in the moments particular instances were scaled to higher levels..."

So what is it?

7. The whole point of this server is in part because of nostalgia. Nostalgia isn't a weakness. It enables me to reminisce about the things I remember loving in the game all those years ago & then leads me to consequently wonder why they're not included in a server that is designed to allow me to re-experience that content (with the modern client). It's that simple. It's only natural that people who were around during such times remember those things--acting like somehow nostalgia a threat to the game is preposterous.

8. Once again, this is not about essences at all. You're right: essences at 50 didn't make sense. Hence why I didn't mention that mistake. Gondor Premium Housing at 50, although kind of silly, is benign and has no affect on the actual function of the gameplay, nor does it offer any sort of character enhancement that compromises the integrity of the game's reward structures. High-elves & lootboxes, I agree, don't belong on a legendary server. Once again though, the particular top at hand, must I remind you: old level 65 loot tables, has absolutely nothing to do with any of these outside aspects you're bringing up, regardless of the validity of doubting their presence on the servers.

Conclusively, I guess I just don't understand the harm that this change would cause. If they have the loot on file, and it's ready to go, what's the damage they're doing by adding it? Nothing.

**EDIT: corrected a couple typos, and reconstructed a couple sentences to flow a little better
    Last edited by Cherryarcher; Jun 17 2019 at 01:03 AM.

+1
    Also increase mastery stat cap, I'm already capped with Moria gear..No reason to get a single new gear piece atm.

Aside from being quite possibly the most poorly-worded, horrible un-grammatically correct and near-impossible-to-understand forum I have perhaps ever seen, your in depth analysis lacks real thoroughness and truth, frankly put. Rather than rebut my points logically, and provide sound reasons as to why they could possibly be a misstep of thought, you only seem to use non sequitur reasons to illuminate your "breakdown" of my points, which by the way, were laced with discrepancies & battered by the eroding wave of your entirely subjective thoughts & opinions.

I'd like to see some verification of your claim that the old loot tables have been removed. Because I can assure you that I have the most updated version of the Compendium, which finds all of the old 65 loot well within it's search results, and they have received stat boosts (and in some case, stats have been swapped out completely)--this can be verified by finding old LotroWiki pages that haven't been updated since ~2014, et cetera.

Allow me to properly respond to your objections-

1. My point was that failure to implement the old loot tables could cause inflation. Whether there is currently inflation or not does not matter--there can always be more, and to suggest that somehow this fact means you should just simply shrug it off and allow the situation to worsen than to do something that could curb it even just a smidgen is idiotic, at best. If one of the rooms of your house was on fire--representing the auction house--the other parts of the house, the remainder of the game & and it's systems, would you throw up your hands and go "well, let the whole house burn, nothing we can do"? There are always ways you can tweak systems, regardless of the player variable. The "player choice" variable only goes as far as the systems allocate for. In effect, one could CHOOSE to put a Symbol of the Elder King on the Auction for 5000g, but does that decision by the player automatically mean an impact on the remainder of the market? No. The rest of the market might twitch at the sight of such a ludicrous price, but overall remain unfazed, as it would be universally accepted that the person who put that item up for purchase had more than a few screws loose.

And on just a basic level, allowing a system to develop that promotes the selling of (supposed) best in slot endgame gear on the Auction House is a failing one. The best gear should be obtained from instance drops, and have necessary instance locks prohibiting (to specific established degrees) players from spamming that particular raid and dungeon all day long until finally the drop chance is in their favor. Even beyond the concept of the auction house: IF they intend to keep the scaled gear as the bread and butter of the 65 endgame content, it isn't even properly optimized. The Medallions of Moria gear sets and DN sets have higher stat values currently.

2. This conversation isn't about essences. Luckily the state of essences at 65 cap seems to be almost 100% not worth pursuing at all, and shouldn't even be considered, as I don't think SSG views it as a system they intend to have function on the highest level of gearing on Anor/Ithil. To a degree, it seems like you almost agreed with me, and simply restated what I said:

"...Some players seem to be fuelled by greater loot and it might only drive them forward to experience instances due to possible drops and greater power for their characters..."

Exactly. So why would you jeopardize a system that functions perfectly (when implemented) and trade it out for a system with less meaningful, carbon-copied BoE items that can be distributed out like candy, rather than having to be earned through time and dedication?

3. Beating a T2 instance does not automatically mean you're geared. It means you know with certainty that you have unequivocal access to the percentage chance of obtaining all of your gear via drop(s), acting on the presumption you are able to repeatedly re-clear that same T2 content--are you forgetting that there's more to gear than just the armour?

4. So let me get this straight... you're playing an MMORPG and have complaints about the "constant grind" while on the same coin you're also saying (as highlighted in your 3rd point) that "If one can beat Tier II instance, you already are geared, the end." Using your logic, if beating a T2C instance automatically means you're geared, then what's the grind to have an issue with?

Also, really? You think the grind you find on the legendary servers is even worth mentioning at all? On a solely quantitative level, combined with the QoL changes that have occurred over the years, and the immense over-tuning of player characters for the content at-hand, the grind is a minor inconvenience at best--hardly a beast to conquer.

5. The completion should be reward enough? I just can't really respond to this one because I think we can all agree that this is silly. In a game that has always offered loot, in additional to the satisfaction of completing a feat as your reward, you're now saying adequate loot shouldn't be expected? What for? What difference would it make to you if they added the loot? What exactly are you defending? I don't see your point here.

6. You legitimately just said that they no longer have the items on-file:

"...Unfortunately your database is outdated, the classic items ceased to exist in the moments particular instances were scaled to higher levels..."

So what is it?

7. The whole point of this server is in part because of nostalgia. Nostalgia isn't a weakness. It enables me to reminisce about the things I remember loving in the game all those years ago & then leads me to consequently wonder why they're not included in a server that is designed to allow me to re-experience that content (with the modern client). It's that simple. It's only natural that people who were around during such times remember those things--acting like somehow nostalgia a threat to the game is preposterous.

8. Once again, this is not about essences at all. You're right: essences at 50 didn't make sense. Hence why I didn't mention that mistake. Gondor Premium Housing at 50, although kind of silly, is benign and has no affect on the actual function of the gameplay, nor does it offer any sort of character enhancement that compromises the integrity of the game's reward structures. High-elves & lootboxes, I agree, don't belong on a legendary server. Once again though, the particular top at hand, must I remind you: old level 65 loot tables, has absolutely nothing to do with any of these outside aspects you're bringing up, regardless of the validity of doubting their presence on the servers.

Conclusively, I guess I just don't understand the harm that this change would cause. If they have the loot on file, and it's ready to go, what's the damage they're doing by adding it? Nothing.

**EDIT: corrected a couple typos, and reconstructed a couple sentences to flow a little better
    God bless you Daddyshark.

Tis pointless to hope. Thou hast 21 votes. It will not happen even with 121 votes. One must not live in the past and accept changes of 2011. Even if by some miracle of Eru you wish is granted you and majority would not be satisfied and asked for more. I know it well.

To add something else: The process of reverting loot would be complicated and time consuming, the best they can do for you is to add Level 65 First Age items, even that option is plausible at the best.

Stop asking for classic. Since it was now one of the original implementations. Standing Stone games might not have resources ,time ,money and staff to bother with additional loot. Legendary servers are different and you cannot ask for old changes. Finally accept the current state , would be best for additional energy dispersal.

Our 2 negative votes are utterly honest and real. Tis the truth of player's strictly focusing on gear and shunning away or not caring for other gorgeous points. I will not change my opinion nor you or OP will convince me otherwise. When I stand firmly behind my reasons I stand for eternity. I will rather embrace the flames in the face of truth than to cover behinds lies for I have told thee what I mean and it shall remain so forever.
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Jun 18 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Arrow

Tis pointless to hope. Thou hast 21 votes. It will not happen even with 121 votes. One must not live in the past and accept changes of 2011. Even if by some miracle of Eru you wish is granted you and majority would not be satisfied and asked for more. I know it well.

To add something else: The process of reverting loot would be complicated and time consuming, the best they can do for you is to add Level 65 First Age items, even that option is plausible at the best.

Stop asking for classic. Since it was now one of the original implementations. Standing Stone games might not have resources ,time ,money and staff to bother with additional loot. Legendary servers are different and you cannot ask for old changes. Finally accept the current state , would be best for additional energy dispersal.

Our 2 negative votes are utterly honest and real. Tis the truth of player's strictly focusing on gear and shunning away or not caring for other gorgeous points. I will not change my opinion nor you or OP will convince me otherwise. When I stand firmly behind my reasons I stand for eternity. I will rather embrace the flames in the face of truth than to cover behinds lies for I have told thee what I mean and it shall remain so forever.

“Thou” is so eager to respond, yet lacks the wherewithal to know virtually anything that has relevance to the topic. At this point, I’m no longer responding to your posts furthermore, as I have now realized that your words aren’t worth the keyboard they’re typed on. Also, you should really think about dropping this whole “thou” charade—it’s quite obnoxious.

Simply, more loot is needed since people won't run this just for fun. Would people do virtue grind for no rewards? Would people do quests for no XP? Would people craft gear with no stats? The simple answer is NO, this applies to dungeons and raids too.
    1. You do it for fun/challenge
    2. You do it to build your character.

It's that simple. I actually believe SSG will release more loot in these instances to keep the interest alive in them for the upcoming months. They have proven to listen to the legendary community, even if it's just small changes to larger balance changes, they have done something about a lot of the problems we have seen. Time will tell =) Stop being so negative all the time.

I asked for the old loot tables to be implemented back when the legendary servers were first talked about, this period of time + the period of time at 85 are going to be such a slump without them, as the forums are already suggesting so.

But re-implementing the loot-tables on the LS requires them to do it also on Live, which would require a rethink of scaling instances altogether and not something they have the time nor the money to do. Best to go afk and wait till Isengard.

“Thou” is so eager to respond, yet lacks the wherewithal to know virtually anything that has relevance to the topic. At this point, I’m no longer responding to your posts furthermore, as I have now realized that your words aren’t worth the keyboard they’re typed on. Also, you should really think about dropping this whole “thou” charade—it’s quite obnoxious.
    You should watch his streams. They're worse.

Exclamation Tyrbur Confirms Aspects of Classic Loot

From original forum: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ised-SSG/page2

Thank you to everyone who commented on this forum and brought it even just the littlest bit of attention. Special thank you to Awelina for bringing up a create way via barter tokens to get around the issue of both live and legendary servers sharing loot tables. Also special thank you to LotroVidz for asking Tybur directly.
    Last edited by Cherryarcher; Jun 19 2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added thank you's, and fixed error with IMG BBCode

I haven't seen an Orc slain like this in quite a long time. Your precision is unequaled and rises to Valar status. Orome himself should bestow you his battle horn.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica