We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Strategies on task items

What strategies do you guys do on task items? I usually stop adding task tokens at 10/day and save the extras for alts so they can start at 6 or 7 instead of 5/day. I never liked having to turn them in for 20 days at the beginning, I like to give them an extra boost.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    What strategies do you guys do on task items? I usually stop adding task tokens at 10/day and save the extras for alts so they can start at 6 or 7 instead of 5/day. I never liked having to turn them in for 20 days at the beginning, I like to give them an extra boost.
    I've been considering passing the tokens to an alt for the initial boost, but I am curious what you mean by stopping at 10/day and saving the extras. I thought there were only 5 tokens from deeds. Are you referring to purchasing some with MC as well, or have things changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    I've been considering passing the tokens to an alt for the initial boost, but I am curious what you mean by stopping at 10/day and saving the extras. I thought there were only 5 tokens from deeds. Are you referring to purchasing some with MC as well, or have things changed?
    There are five deeds associated with tasks (eager beaver, hotshot etc) and each one of those deeds awards a token that can increase the daily task hand limit by one. So if a character completes all five deed (hands in 500 tasks) and used all five tokens, their daily task hand in will then be 10 a day. The tokens are bound to account though, so a player can choose to send those tokens to any alt, and push that number beyond 10 tasks a day.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Tokens?

I have completed those deeds on my Main Character but did not realise I could do something to grant my other characters more by doing this. Don't recall any token, title and increased task limit yes, but nothing else.

As for strategy, if the task items are easy and I am above level, then it gets some focus. Otherwise, like the Vales, less so. I deliver what I get, but don't really make any extra effort for it.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    There are five deeds associated with tasks (eager beaver, hotshot etc) and each one of those deeds awards a token that can increase the daily task hand limit by one. So if a character completes all five deed (hands in 500 tasks) and used all five tokens, their daily task hand in will then be 10 a day. The tokens are bound to account though, so a player can choose to send those tokens to any alt, and push that number beyond 10 tasks a day.
    Right, and that is what I was thinking of doing. So one of my characters (the one doing reputation completionist) would be over 10/day and the character sending the token over would have less than 10. But the post said "I usually stop adding task tokens at 10/day and save the extras for alts", implying the character doing the deeds was already at 10 tasks per day and still getting account-bound tokens. So if the deed limit is still +5, I am guessing the rest were bought with mithril.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Tokens?

I have completed those deeds on my Main Character but did not realise I could do something to grant my other characters more by doing this. Don't recall any token, title and increased task limit yes, but nothing else.

As for strategy, if the task items are easy and I am above level, then it gets some focus. Otherwise, like the Vales, less so. I deliver what I get, but don't really make any extra effort for it.
    When the deed is completed, you don't automatically have your task limit increased by 1 (not sure if this is now or it always worked that way). You get an item in your inventory you need to use to raise the limit. the item is account-bound, so you would be able to pass it to an alt on the same server through some manner of shared storage.

Right, and that is what I was thinking of doing. So one of my characters (the one doing reputation completionist) would be over 10/day and the character sending the token over would have less than 10. But the post said "I usually stop adding task tokens at 10/day and save the extras for alts", implying the character doing the deeds was already at 10 tasks per day and still getting account-bound tokens. So if the deed limit is still +5, I am guessing the rest were bought with mithril.

When the deed is completed, you don't automatically have your task limit increased by 1 (not sure if this is now or it always worked that way). You get an item in your inventory you need to use to raise the limit. the item is account-bound, so you would be able to pass it to an alt on the same server through some manner of shared storage.
    That’s what I do. When I have a character get to 10 turn ins per day, I place any tokens after that into shared storage so a brand new alt can use it so they don’t have to deal with the limit of 5. As I write this I have a character that is at 10/day that has already placed a token in shared storage and is one day from getting another.

Makes it so much easier for a new character. I’m just wondering how other players handle their tokens. Do they do like me or do they just add them in to whoever earns them?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

That’s what I do. When I have a character get to 10 turn ins per day, I place any tokens after that into shared storage so a brand new alt can use it so they don’t have to deal with the limit of 5. As I write this I have a character that is at 10/day that has already placed a token in shared storage and is one day from getting another.

Makes it so much easier for a new character. I’m just wondering how other players handle their tokens. Do they do like me or do they just add them in to whoever earns them?
    Ok. But you spent mithril coins (at some point in the chain) to get to 10 per day? Or did you have one character to start who stayed at 5/day and sent the other 5 to an alt?

I have one character where I did not really do tasks regularly or care much about maxing all reps, so any task tokens I do get there go to an alt that does turn in tasks daily and speeds up the rep gain process. When the alt gets to 10 per day, I might store the tokens for a future alt rather than continuing to 15, but I'll see when I get there.

Ok. But you spent mithril coins (at some point in the chain) to get to 10 per day? Or did you have one character to start who stayed at 5/day and sent the other 5 to an alt?

I have one character where I did not really do tasks regularly or care much about maxing all reps, so any task tokens I do get there go to an alt that does turn in tasks daily and speeds up the rep gain process. When the alt gets to 10 per day, I might store the tokens for a future alt rather than continuing to 15, but I'll see when I get there.
    I can’t remember for sure, but I think I did spend MC a while ago to get started.

I did not know you could get to 15.

I can’t remember for sure, but I think I did spend MC a while ago to get started.

I did not know you could get to 15.
    I have one on 13, but not sure if I will take it further. My main, funnily enough is the one with the lowest number of hand ins allocated to her (7 I think), but that's just me. I prefer to run her through everything in slug mode, no boosters, no aids. So it's usually my mules that get the task tokens.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.