We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

SSG, What do you have against BOWS ????? Still no recipe for a Bow ???????

So, once again, at least at the vendor at Grimbeorns lodge, there isn't a bow recipe. Only a crossbow recipe. What do you have against Bows ??? That makes 2 full area updates now ( along with many in between ) without a single BOW recipe. So what gives ??? Is there like no one there that can make a bow recipe ??? I just don't get it. Is this another we forgot to do a bow recipe and do you not remember that both guardians and champions can also use a BOW. I just can't believe you didn't put in a bow recipe AGAIN. So seriously disappointed once again. It is just a little thing I know but since update 23, there has been no bow recipe. Only crossbows. So, I have to ask, why can't you put in a singe darn bow recipe ???

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    So, once again, at least at the vendor at Grimbeorns lodge, there isn't a bow recipe. Only a crossbow recipe. What do you have against Bows ??? That makes 2 full area updates now ( along with many in between ) without a single BOW recipe. So what gives ??? Is there like no one there that can make a bow recipe ??? I just don't get it. Is this another we forgot to do a bow recipe and do you not remember that both guardians and champions can also use a BOW. I just can't believe you didn't put in a bow recipe AGAIN. So seriously disappointed once again. It is just a little thing I know but since update 23, there has been no bow recipe. Only crossbows. So, I have to ask, why can't you put in a singe darn bow recipe ???
    Mordor had no crossbows, only bows. Sucks for RPers. Hours updating the Bio to explain the change in choice only to have to repeat the process or do a Dallas Shower Priscilla Presley move and can deny it ever happened.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    ... a Dallas Shower Priscilla Presley move and can deny it ever happened.
    ... hey ... I remember Priscilla on Dallas ...
    Elquasso - HNT | Hendunaron - LM | Laurealasso - GRD | Malenthir - HNT | Threk - RK | Tassels - CHM (all on CRICKHOLLOW)
    Farty - GRD | Elquasso - HNT | Oromil - CHM | Stairlift - MNS | Weirdus - LM | Chang - RK | Ripadoo - HNT | Toots - CAP (all on ANOR)

Okay, so maybe dwarves don't use bows. Maybe they only use crossbows. But I am not a dwarf in the game and I like bows. As do a great many of us. I just don't understand what the problem is with putting a darn BOW recipe into the game. You would think this means no one at SSG has any idea what a BOW actually is or how to even make a simple recipe for one. It is simply ridiculous at this point. We had this same discussion with update 23 and still got no BOW recipe. We got 4000 crossbow recipes but not 1 single BOW recipe. And here we are at update 24, months and months later, and we still have no BOW recipe. How many times do we have to state the bloody obvious stupidity of not putting a BOW recipe into the game before you, SSG, actually finally put one into the game.

And so you know what a BOW looks like, I will show you again !!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Okay, so maybe dwarves don't use bows. Maybe they only use crossbows. But I am not a dwarf in the game and I like bows. As do a great many of us. I just don't understand what the problem is with putting a darn BOW recipe into the game. You would think this means no one at SSG has any idea what a BOW actually is or how to even make a simple recipe for one. It is simply ridiculous at this point. We had this same discussion with update 23 and still got no BOW recipe. We got 4000 crossbow recipes but not 1 single BOW recipe. And here we are at update 24, months and months later, and we still have no BOW recipe. How many times do we have to state the bloody obvious stupidity of not putting a BOW recipe into the game before you, SSG, actually finally put one into the game.

And so you know what a BOW looks like, I will show you again !!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    I would absolutely love to see some plain looking bows just like the one that you posted the picture of.

Some of the bows in this game look absurd and way too thick and so on. The low level starter bows would be ok but the handles/grips are stupidly too large.

SSG, can you please let us know why you won't or can't put any bow recipes into the game ? I can't be the only one wondering why again with this update there is still no bow recipe. It is amazing after the flak you received for it with update 23, you went ahead and didn't put one in again for this update. But yet we got another stupid crossbow recipe. We are not in the dwarf lands anymore so I think a bow recipe is quite relevant and quite needed for this new area. Since one has not been introduced into the game for quite some time now.

SSG, can you please let us know why you won't or can't put any bow recipes into the game ? I can't be the only one wondering why again with this update there is still no bow recipe. It is amazing after the flak you received for it with update 23, you went ahead and didn't put one in again for this update. But yet we got another stupid crossbow recipe. We are not in the dwarf lands anymore so I think a bow recipe is quite relevant and quite needed for this new area. Since one has not been introduced into the game for quite some time now.

Dear Devs, Why is it (once again) so difficult for you to simply ANSWER A QUESTION that so many players/customers in the last two new areas have asked?

Is the answer to the question:

A. We have chosen NOT to provide bow recipes moving forward. (Just be happy you can have a crossbow!)
    B. We just didn't get around to it yet.
    C. Oops...knew we forgot something...again.

Just a friendly reminder that we still need a bow recipe for update 24.

Indeed, ridiculous. Especially considering LotRO bow recipes are downright primitive.

Consider following Everquest Bow recipe:

Druzzil's Composite Treant Laminated Compound Bow (requires very high fletching skill)
    2 battle bow cams
    Composite treant laminate recurve bowstave
    Druzzil's steel bowstring

Battle cams are crafted by tinkerers from
    Battle cam parts
    Battle cam bolts
    Grease (vendor)
    Parts and bolts made by smiths using file (also smith crafted, not consumed), cam parts mold, and blade shards dropped by mobs in Plane of War.

Bowstring is made from shimmering steel thread (vendor), druzzil's favor (drop from spirits in Arcstone), and vial of purified mana - summoned by enchannters using rubies and a potter-crafted vial.

Bowstave is very high skill recipe using assortment of three various laminates, laminate adhesive, and (not consumed) laminator rollers and laminating device.
    Each laminate requires a specific treant branch (uncommon treant drops), laminating blade, laminating device.
    Laminate adhesive crafted by brewers from acid wash(another brewing recipe), limestone (vendor), vial of purified mana, low quality horse hide and horse hoof - drops off nightmares in Loping Plains.

Tools:
    Laminator rollers and blades are fairly trivial smith recipes.
    Laminating device is a project all its own requiring high skill tinkerer and various drops from Plane of Innovation and Paludal Caverns.

Headache anyone?