We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansion Question

Hello all,

I'm a relatively new player. Started back in 2012 but never got hooked on the game and I am now enjoying the legendary servers! With mirkwood just releasing I had a question on expansions. I have a subscription for the VIP and get 500lp points a month for that. My highest character on Anor is level 32 right now so I don't need mirkwood yet. In your opinion is it better to save up the LP and buy the expansions with LP points or just buy them from the website? I think I saw on the website I can get moria,mirkwood and Rohan for $19 which I don't think is a bad deal. My next question is do the perks that I see like shield of the hammerhand and the high elf xp buff still come with the purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by camelgreen1 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a relatively new player. Started back in 2012 but never got hooked on the game and I am now enjoying the legendary servers! With mirkwood just releasing I had a question on expansions. I have a subscription for the VIP and get 500lp points a month for that. My highest character on Anor is level 32 right now so I don't need mirkwood yet. In your opinion is it better to save up the LP and buy the expansions with LP points or just buy them from the website? I think I saw on the website I can get moria,mirkwood and Rohan for $19 which I don't think is a bad deal. My next question is do the perks that I see like shield of the hammerhand and the high elf xp buff still come with the purchase?

Thanks in advance!
    At level 32, I'd hold off buying the expansions either way unless they happen to be on a good sale and you know you will be sticking with the game at least into Moria. $19 seems like a great price, though. I thought the expansion pack was closer to $40. So if you do get them now, I might go that route and hold on to the points for other things.

Speaking of, I have not seen any indication that pre-order items are back on the menu when getting expansions. So unless they are specifically listed in the store, I'd guess you won't get things like shield of the Hammerhand. Looks like they might be in the in-game store as per-character purchases, though, so if you want them, that might be something to look at for LP purchases.

Welcome back and good luck!

The Quad Pack (a bundle with the first 4 expansions, Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard & East Rohan) is 39,99 at the web market, but my recommendation is to wait for a sale.

https://store.standingstonegames.com...oryID.58516200

About the topic real money vs Lotro Points grinded in-game all is a matter how much time you have for to play, i think...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!