We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do?

I Quick-travel to Michel Delving and tell Hugo Broadbelt that one of his pies was stolen, ...and it is in Bree! As soon as he leaves to go get it, I sneaky-take one of the pies from his table, and tell him later that he ate it.
    (I am Burg-savvy that way.)
    "One thing drives out another." [Barliman Butterbur]

As I make my way home from the Prancing Pony, the sweet and buttery smell of a pie takes me by the nose. Hypnotized by the aroma, I begin to happily make my way through the city. I come across a house and immediately notice a freshly baked pie resting on the windowsill. Without hesitation I run over and gobble the pie up. With me belly being full I slowly come to realize what I had done. The work this fine baker put into making an amazing pie was ruined. My concern had turned into panic and I began to think of a remedy to this unfortunate situation. My thoughts quickly came to a reasonable conclusion. I quickly pack some nearby mud into the dish, smooth out the top and decorate it with some pebbles and leaves. I take the Mud-Pie and place it back on the windowsill. Pleased with my brilliance and filled with accomplishment, I lick my fingers and walk away.

I'd make like a hobbit, then sneak up and rob it!

I slip the pie into inventory slot #45, and save it for later to make the orcs in the Lone-Lands jealous when I savor it in front of them. Increased in-combat morale never felt so dwarf-beard lickin good.

I will eat it

...take a picture of the pie, send it out to social media, rant about the careless display of such beauty in light of all the hungered massed, delight in all the responses and likes ...

In Middle Earth, that means, draw a picture of the pie, jump on a rock and preach about the hoarding of pies by the privileged, then watch as mobs of hungry hobbits descend upon this poor pie...

I'm a simple man, I sneak a bite ad run.

Pie you say?

"As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do?"

I leave it be, it's awfully rude to eat someone else's pie and besides what kind of pie is it anyway? For all I know it could be peach pie, and I don't like that kind. Now if it was a pecan, pumpkin or apple pie then maybe I'd consider asking for a recipe rather than just straight up eating it without permission and risk getting in trouble with a Pie Defense Force or something, you know that has to exist somewhere. Best to not tempt fate, no way Jose! Nope, nope, nope, nope all the nopes...

0/10, Definitely, certainly, probably would not eat that pie.

My hobbit Burg steals the pie so my Hobbit Mini [Curttis Lowe] can steal the recipie.

While I may be greedy for Apple Pie I WILL NOT take pie from other's even if it is apple. If it is any other kind I just walk right on by.
    Arthad Eketta Former Drill Sgt U.S. Army Reserves
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Officer of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Don't make eye contact. Move along, Move along.

Looking glass

Quote Originally Posted by OliveYew View Post

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.
    As you walk through Bree you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirrors in front of a store that is close to the Boar Fountain and stop and yes you get closer and turn around and look at your newest outfit that you bought from Lailas market and think wow I look good may go shopping in there again you never know what you will find A new hat, a sharp outfit , oh and maybe you would like a port back here so you can shop again at your favorite store in town What a life (Cinderaela) the little Minnie hobbit.

As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do?

well that's easy, what would Gollum do?!?! First I would sniff it, then say what is it precious? is it tasty? then take a little nibble of it..... Ack it chokes us precious, we cant eat hobbit foods (well if it was an apple pie that would be my reaction cause I hate apple pies for real LOL )
    Not all those who wander are lost - but I sure am!

Offer the owner a trade.

I fall in love with the cook and ask her to marry me.

about a cake :)

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.
    i could get a piece of cake to share with kin mates so we can continue journey with a free meal in our belly

I ignore it. Sampling Holly Hornblower's pies scarred me for life.

Knock on the door and ask for a slice as any Hungry Hobbit would.
    LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming!

@highlandgirl has it right!
    Stealing is tempting, but it would only be a short term solution. I'd do what she says:
    I ask the cook for a taste of the delicious smelling pie. If it tastes as good as it smells, I'd ask for the recipe.

Thumbs up

I shout through the window: "Attention! They'll steal your pie!" And then the owner will thank me giving me a taster.

Thumbs up Middle-Earth!

Hello Middle-Earth

As a new player, my written comment of this online world. I'm reminded that nothing is impossible. When in human event a world of hobbits, tall folks, elves and high elves, dwarfs, etc. Appears from a book of a man, which a war to end all war, he endure. I can not find the words to continue. To those who created and the fans of Tolkien, I say. Thank you. For a properly well done job ????

Regard Redscarelett

I'd offer my service to the housemaster to guard the cake defending it from hungry hobbits... as a payment I'd ask for a slice of it.

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

I inhale deeply and silently pray that the owner passes by and invites me in for a bite.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 120 - Brandywine

[CENTER]
    /CENTER]
    The Burglar steals it and shares it with Kinship. Cook finds out where it came from and bakes three of her prize-winning pies. The burglar returns two to the window sill, and gives the third to you. Win-Win-Win

I eat it. I'm a pie eating champion. I have a title to prove it. I earned it, as you may have guessed, eating pies. It's what I do.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast