We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 115

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.

I ask the cook for a taste of the delicious smelling pie. If it tastes as good as it smells, I'd ask for the recipe.

As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do?

I walk right on by, ride to the Beorning-lands, and gorge myself on Special Honey-Rolls and fresh raspberries. Because pies are so late-third-age.

As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do?

I snatch it, mix it with some leftover Barrow-brie, add a spoon of cinnamon, a beorning's milk and a small egg, bake it again for fifty minutes and put it back on the sill.

I tell Byrcha, so she can get the pie to add to her pie vault, and then I will be above suspicion!

I loot the chest right below it and leave the pie alone. It's a trap!!!

I knock on the door and offer to buy the pie, and if the baker agrees, I pay for it, take half and give back the other half. I take my half back to my home and eat it, accompanied by a glass of fresh milk.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 116 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 111 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 104 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 60 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow
    ~~Beeornfree 64 Beorning of Anor~~Xan 51 High Elf Hunter of Anor

PTSD Kicks in. You strangle the nearest hungry-looking hobbit. Oh no!..

I ask the owner of the pie for its recipe, making sure to give compliments about the smell and the looks of the pie for a higher chance at getting it, and also to be polite.

Cool What to do with the pie? Throw it in a main villain's face o' course (Spoiler warning)!

If I were to come across this pie I would most certainly go to the the window and "borrow" it. When I have acquired the pie I would proceed to throw the pie into Sara Oakheart's face. She will most definitely become irate, thus she will turn in Amarthiel and I will destroy her; plot solved in only one chapter, stirrings in the darkness!

Keep walking, it's not my pie!

What to do...

As you walk through Bree, you pass by a house, when a delightful aroma catches your attention. You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight. What do you do? Stop and swoon as I smell the pie, then hurry to the Pony for a tasty treat. If they don't have pie that smells as good, I'll head back to the house and buy the pie from the baker!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. -Marilyn Monroe

Yum PIE

I ask my burg friend to "borrow" the pie and share it with me...with every intention of returning it at a later date of course.

Pie on the Window?

DIBS!!!

Knock the door and offer the cook 1000 gold pieces for the cake. A good job deserves a good reward.

Man, loved that Owl costume. I need something spooky or unique for my Loremaster--never seen that mask, but it's cool! Great job!

Remind myself I am on a diet.

Grab the pie and figure out where it needs to be delivered...

"I'm going to join a racing. Can I hold your pie in my hands so I can run faster? That's how Shire pies work. Ohh, but when I finish the race it will be cold. So how about me eating the pie after the race too. Thank you."

i just inhale it and cook one at home

I allow myself one massive, close-up inhale, then get the heck out of there before the temptation becomes overwhelming.

Ignore it, elves dont eat pie, we have lembas!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

I will safeguard the pie and make sure that no one touches it. After all, it would be a sin if anything happens to this beauty.

You see on the window sill there is a freshly baked pie and no one seems to be in sight..

Probably just float a few inches above the ground because of the smell, like an old-timey cartoon character.

Use my Ironfold grade Herb-lore to chose some aromatic leaves to scatter below the window that are known for their feline repelling properties. Central Bree is overrun by the furry opportunists, as we all know.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast