We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Option to change nick in forums

I know it's been requested a thousand times.

For real, A THOUSAND.

But please, I've been playing 7 years and I have the same nick "LegolasArchersKingdom" that I randomly created.

What's so hard about making a feature to change the nick? There's a feature to change the password, I know it's different but it's needed!

Put a limit of only 1 change per year or something.

Before such a feature comes, you can just ask Cordovan to change it. I think there are people who have done it.

If there is going to be a name change feature, I hope people can see a user's former names as well.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

I would love to change my nickname on the forums to "Elleby" to reflect my main's name. It is currently set to the same name as the first toon I created.

Realistically, allowing everyone to just change their name over and over in a system that prevents duplicates poses all sorts of issues, not even accounting for possible trolling and moderation headaches.

However, as long as your account is in regular state and the name you want isn't taken, it's a relatively trivial matter for me to change your name. Takes about a minute to do. Just PM me with a couple of options in order of preference and I'll get it done.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

What is nickname? You mean forum name? As in mine is LabadalofDorlomin?
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    What is nickname? You mean forum name? As in mine is LabadalofDorlomin?
    Yes

It looks confusing because the prior thread contributors have had their Nicknames changed now. All their prior posts now have the new nickname.

I'd imagine that many a Legolas themed in-game character name has either earned Turbine/SSG a fair bit of dosh from a name change or had them retiring that char. What initially sounds like a great idea when you first start playing looses it's appeal when you see hundreds online who had the same stroke of genius. I rarely see any about these days.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Yes

It looks confusing because the prior thread contributors have had their Nicknames changed now. All their prior posts now have the new nickname.

I'd imagine that many a Legolas themed in-game character name has either earned Turbine/SSG a fair bit of dosh from a name change or had them retiring that char. What initially sounds like a great idea when you first start playing looses it's appeal when you see hundreds online who had the same stroke of genius. I rarely see any about these days.
    Thanks for the info... I understand now...

I actually don't agree with changing forum names... it's unfortunate in some cases but could be abused by others who want to hide from their past misdemeanour, inter alia.

Unless they have a permanent sidebar which states "formerly known as Legaloolas" etc
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----