We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U24.1 broke anvil-raid difficulty

How many more times do such things need to happen?
    Last edited by Mirthan; Jun 12 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Mirthan, Belegaer, formerly Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthan View Post
    How many more times do such things need to happen?
    Each and every time... sadly ...

Confirmed on Boss 4 T2, Shardroppers, other people on T3 .... Wipe and Oneshot stories...

What do you expect from broken code and incompetent devs who are incapable of adding scrolls of empowerment to current endgame instead making players do 3-4 year old content,fixing trait point grind
    and on top of all that adding another grind that compares to LIs in the form of virtues.As soon as they touch old code they always break something.This will either remain till next week or idefenitly.
    Havent tried t2 to see if its doable with embres gear.Classic spit in face by SSG to their playerbase that has happend before and will keep happening.

Frost grims are funny now. 290k hits. I think they're trying to ensure mithril coins for repair bills...
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    What do you expect from broken code and incompetent devs who are incapable of adding scrolls of empowerment to current endgame instead making players do 3-4 year old content,fixing trait point grind
    and on top of all that adding another grind that compares to LIs in the form of virtues.As soon as they touch old code they always break something.This will either remain till next week or idefenitly.
    Havent tried t2 to see if its doable with embres gear.Classic spit in face by SSG to their playerbase that has happend before and will keep happening.
    Lotro in a nutshell.

Thanks for letting us know. We're working on a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. We're working on a fix for it.
    Can we ensure this hotfix will be today (Thursday 13/06) given that the locks reset today and many people have raids this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Can we ensure this hotfix will be today (Thursday 13/06) given that the locks reset today and many people have raids this evening.
    If I were you, I would be happy if it is live by the weekend. There are 7 days of the week to raid after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Havent tried t2 to see if its doable with embres gear.
    No, T2 Anvil isn't playable atm.

Strange, You all want a harder game and when you get it you start to whine, Pathetic!

Learn how to play your class, get a good rotation, maybe you can not just press buttons 1,2,3,4. any longer.

The best loot must be obtainable from the hardest source not from face rolling content.

What else is it that you raiders tell casuals to do when they find the game unfun and to hard??

Oh Yea, maybe you all should play another game if you find Lotro to be to hard for you… LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tirnvir View Post
    Strange, You all want a harder game and when you get it you start to whine, Pathetic!

Learn how to play your class, get a good rotation, maybe you can not just press buttons 1,2,3,4. any longer.

The best loot must be obtainable from the hardest source not from face rolling content.

What else is it that you raiders tell casuals to do when they find the game unfun and to hard??

Oh Yea, maybe you all should play another game if you find Lotro to be to hard for you… LOL

Dude.. the current raid is not possible even if all your 12 players have maxed out morale\mitigations
    Mobs hit 300k ++ when fully debuffed from lore-master\burg and other classes.

This is not a "whine thread" about content being to hard. Something changed in 24.1 making the raid mobs hit 2-3 times harder than intended. A hotfix for this is on the way
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Learn the difference between hard and overtuned

We had people getting oneshot by ishvitas frost breath yesterday in t3, even though our dps ran 150k morale buffed or more

That attack is supposed to put some pressure on the healers and without the damage bug did maybe 70k on light armor. It is not supposed to oneshot People. It is unavoidable and unavoidable oneshots are just a bad mechanic. Avoidable mechanics should oneshot people. You show your skill by moving out of avoidable damage and healing/mitigating unavoidable damage

I know you are being sarcastic, but you are comparing unavoidable oneshots to avoidable ones is just not understanding game mechanics. LotrO isn't a hard game, if you think so, play something else and then come back and see how easy it is
    When you casuals complain about the game being too hard, you complain about the fact that you are personally unable to avoid mechanics that are very avoidable given the player is skilled enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Learn the difference between hard and overtuned

We had people getting oneshot by ishvitas frost breath yesterday in t3, even though our dps ran 150k morale buffed or more

That attack is supposed to put some pressure on the healers and without the damage bug did maybe 70k on light armor. It is not supposed to oneshot People. It is unavoidable and unavoidable oneshots are just a bad mechanic. Avoidable mechanics should oneshot people. You show your skill by moving out of avoidable damage and healing/mitigating unavoidable damage

I know you are being sarcastic, but you are comparing unavoidable oneshots to avoidable ones is just not understanding game mechanics. LotrO isn't a hard game, if you think so, play something else and then come back and see how easy it is
    When you casuals complain about the game being too hard, you complain about the fact that you are personally unable to avoid mechanics that are very avoidable given the player is skilled enough.

I was indeed having fun and posted a teaser, did not think any one would bother to respond!

I do respect the way you answered though, it is not always easy to be polite when you answer a teaser.

I have tried the Anvil a couple of times, the Pugs I join usually wipe at the first boss ,but now and then we succeed the whole way, On T1 that is!..
    Never tried T2 or T3, my skill level is not high enough for that. Hopefully the hotfix will be out shortly as the buggy content removes all reasons for a Raider to log in at all.

I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    While I can related to people being a bit frustrated, asking to "ensure" a fix is made the same day when they were transparent enough to admit there was an issue (and thank people for raising it) is a quick way to "ensure" you don't get that admission in a timely fashion in the future.

Getting tanks oneshot with 250-280k hits in 2nd boss fight in t2 is not what I'd call hard but rather impossible. Frost drakes breath or air attack basically oneshots everyone except captains and healers who stack 200k morale.
    Receiving 300k hits in boss 4 or 3 is not hard, it's silly.
    Difficulty should be based on mechanic complexity, and that's why all the hate in t3 vs old t2c. Cause challenge didn't mean you had enemies dealing X% more damage with X% more morale, but rather new mechanics that made the fight substantially harder.

Just to reiterate, we have indeed found a bug causing this, and a fix will hopefully be in the next game update.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Exclamation Thats all Bull####

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just to reiterate, we have indeed found a bug causing this, and a fix will hopefully be in the next game update.

@ Cordovan

What should the saying with hopefully we manage to fix that until the next game update?

We only had the U24 and there were already enough translation errors or quests were not translated into other languages at all.
    Thereupon a Hot Fix / Update was installed on 12.06, where the translations have not yet been implemented.

The Mirkwood Bear is in German a Düsterwald Bör ??
    So the actual one is Bear = Bär and not Bör

But now to bring out an update which makes the whole game unplayable again, then it's really modest.

As a referee I would throw the flag now and say out of the game and with only one more stupid spell I would throw you out of the stadium.

How can you bring something so incapable ?
    You should see to it to fix it as fast as possible, because you don't advertise competence.

That's the Time End Content and that's Unplayable, you want to make fun of one with the Last Patch Notes, all the changes and then something like that.
    Just roll back the patch, test it on the Bullroar server and then play it on the live servers.

If a company in a running company would do this with employees, then heads would roll, because through such productons remain standing.

So get to work and don't let the monkey work on the keyboard.

When will this be? If Anvil T2+ is going to be unplayable for a number of weeks, you should be clear on the timescale for the fix. While you're at it, test landscape frost grims, which are also OP for a landscape mob.

Can't help thinking SSG is relying on the players to be their QA department.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I really like how SSG likes to F* with their player base.

"oh there is an bug in TG that is usefull for players, lets fix it asap" patch comes almost next day. #hotfix

"oh there is an bug that is breaking the Anvill raid and ppl cant run it anymore, lets wait till the next update down the road to fix it, its not important" #nohotfix

Quote Originally Posted by Cookymonster View Post
    I really like how SSG likes to F* with their player base.

"oh there is an bug in TG that is usefull for players, lets fix it asap" patch comes almost next day. #hotfix

"oh there is an bug that is breaking the Anvill raid and ppl cant run it anymore, lets wait till the next update down the road to fix it, its not important" #nohotfix
    To be fair, the TG glitch was potentially getting characters permanently stuck as far as I understand as you could walk through walls and go outside the map, and also a lot easier to simply disable the content and put out a hotfix. Rescaling of damage of multiple different mobs is a lot more work than fixing a door prop.

Which is dated for?
    Will be the other bugs of this update like tenderize doesn´t stack higher as rank 4 fixed too?

Quote Originally Posted by SotaMursu View Post
    To be fair, the TG glitch was potentially getting characters permanently stuck as far as I understand as you could walk through walls and go outside the map, and also a lot easier to simply disable the content and put out a hotfix. Rescaling of damage of multiple different mobs is a lot more work than fixing a door prop.
    I think the urgency with this fix was more to do with the fact people could clip right through to the last boss and exploit that, rather than any concern for players characters getting stuck.

Mediocre Troll 3/10

Hopefully isn't good enough.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Lightbulb

While I do appreciate some sarcasm when well served. This only gets a 3/10 for effort, as it's not "all" the same people that have been complaining or reporting this issue that also have been wanting a harder game. So You are aiming it too broad at the wrong people in some cases. Still 3/10 is something I guess and better than 1/10 or 2/10.

So few weeks without being able to raid?Then some of it is getting devalued with summer instance,then gold essences casuing massive imbalance between alts and all that without fix to trait points,LIs for years and now adding another massive grind as virtues to create even more balance problems between alts and mains.
    Not to mention simple problems on classes that are being ignored for years also.With rumor all gear with set bonuses getting lvl cap with out fix for classes that are completly usless with out it that have been asking for fix since Osgiliath/Throne.Then again you can get away with it as majority of you income are "casuals" that dont care about game as long as they can log in walk around middle earth and spend few hundred bucks on scrolls.I wonder how fast would you shut down if you werent set in lotr universe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast