We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do Community Forum Rules apply to SSG Staff?

I just get the feeling sometimes that some posts are maybe being made to diffuse a situation but are actually trolling the community. Maybe through ignorance of the situation or covering for a colleague or the company.

But where could it get me if I was to make an official complaint? Am I allowed to even? Given who the arbiter of any report would be and their perception of what could be a "troll" post I can't see there being anyone with sufficient knowledge to truly make a judgement if it's dealing with game mechanics or particular complexity.

Are SSG employees subject to the same community rules that we are? And how on earth could you possibly administer the same sanctions that have lost us so many contributors over the years?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Definitely not under the same terms of use, however they will almost definitely have policies to follow as part of their terms of employment.

Yes, the rules do apply to us as well, with the obvious and explicitly included language in the rules itself that provide flexibility for common sense and the nuance of the actual issue that arises. If you have a specific issue, please let me know privately.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thank you for the answer.

I would think that misleading the community could be regarded as trolling. Whether intentional or through a lack of knowledge/research, it's still trolling and with the Blue Tag very likely to influence the community.

I'm not yet convinced I have the avenue to proceed. Or would want to deal with the consequences.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light