We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

error #108 - Your desktop display mode should be set to at least (mac wine client)

I already reinstalled the game, I already tried to reinstall directX. I've tried many things and I can not log in to the game. When I enter the password and the user, this error message already appears. I can not put it in window mode, nor activate 64bit mode, absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKlausoon View Post
    I already reinstalled the game, I already tried to reinstall directX. I've tried many things and I can not log in to the game. When I enter the password and the user, this error message already appears. I can not put it in window mode, nor activate 64bit mode, absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know how to solve it?
    Hi Dante,

I imagine you already verified if you can change your screen resolution to those values (or higher) using System preferences > Display > Resolution > Scaled and selecting the rightmost icon.

If you didi let's check the following:

1. From the launcher, click on the third button from the right on the top (looks like an arrow pointing down)
    2. Select "Options…"
    3. In the "General" tab, click once on the button that says "64-bit Client (NEW, Beta!)
    4. you will see no graphical feedback (this is a know bug)
    5. Click OK
    6. Open "Options…" again
    7. Go to "Repair" Tab
    8. Click on "Reset the game display settings"

The steps above should select the 64-bit mode and bring you back to a working client regarding the display. If they do not help, I would follow my instructions on https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ons-Client-V24

Before of following those instructions, you might wan to move/rename the following items:
    • ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro/
    • ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/

The first contain the Wine bottle (wrapper, windows OS, LOTRO Windows client, game data) while the second contains LOTRO user data.

Please note that the option "Install Direct X" will not have any helpful consequence, but it should not worsen the situation if selected (component will apparently just be ignored by the Wine client).

Let me know…
    Last edited by amosconi; Jun 12 2019 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amosconi View Post
    Hi Dante,

I imagine you already verified if you can change your screen resolution to those values (or higher) using System preferences > Display > Resolution > Scaled and selecting the rightmost icon.

If you didi let's check the following:

1. From the launcher, click on the third button from the right on the top (looks like an arrow pointing down)
    2. Select "Options…"
    3. In the "General" tab, click once on the button that says "64-bit Client (NEW, Beta!)
    4. you will see no graphical feedback (this is a know bug)
    5. Click OK
    6. Open "Options…" again
    7. Go to "Repair" Tab
    8. Click on "Reset the game display settings"

The steps above should select the 64-bit mode and bring you back to a working client regarding the display. If they do not help, I would follow my instructions on https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ons-Client-V24

Before of following those instructions, you might wan to move/rename the following items:
    • ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro/
    • ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/

The first contain the Wine bottle (wrapper, windows OS, LOTRO Windows client, game data) while the second contains LOTRO user data.

Please note that the option "Install Direct X" will not have any helpful consequence, but it should not worsen the situation if selected (component will apparently just be ignored by the Wine client).

Let me know…
    Stop to made the licker Amosconi.
    The true is that thre isn't a clean install available for MAC actually.
    You tying to endure the role of a substitute to a poor customer service from SSG.

What I want is simple. I want a client to simply clic on it, let it install the game and play!

I'm not an informatiker and I don't want to try to be one.

They made big s h i t with mac users and nothing come from us to resolve the problem.

What you try to made with trying to play superman is ridiculous and only show how SSG don't have the skill.

I'm really laughing when I see them release a U24.1 and still not new compiled client.

The message is simple, they not working to resolve MAC users issue. They don't care about it.

I don't care about U24.1, I just want a MAC client who don't make me crash every 30minutes!!!!!!! Clear!!!! Stupid SSG!!!!!!