We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Arnenna. What you saw with Innocence could perhaps be some sort of a lag bug which doesn't bode well. Only other thought is if you had an item that gave pluses to a virtue; of the fox bear kind but I've never seen one for Innocence. Maybe /bug it because you can't repeat it again, unless you can try earning on Innocence again without spoiling your virtue plans. Stuff you could do on a Preview server if it had been up more the a few days over several weeks and not ended because of a deadline.

I can see many being happy, on the face of it, with the amount of deeds they have available. It would be totally fine but for the increasing costs curve that's only going to get worse on a cap level rise.
    Well, I just checked on a couple of characters on the main server to look into costs.

Main alt, level 120 and all virtues apart from Wit, sitting at cap or above 57. Costs to rank up to next level are not above 3K VXP on any virtue. None actually show that amount, but a few that show half the rank bar half full and show 1500, so, it's a guess.
    Mule alt, level 120 and all virtues sitting at various levels between 1 and 32. Costs to rank up are about the same.

Slowtro alt, level 51, virtue ranks all below 20. Cost around the same per rank as the other two alts.

So it doesn't look as if costs at higher levels are that much of an increase. However, it's confusing that a level 120 characters cost to rank up a virtue to let's say 10, is roughly the same cost as a level 120 char raising a virtue to 59.

That would suggest no price differences between ranks in virtues. But I've read in lots of places, that there is a difference.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 18 2019 at 02:22 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Frace View Post
    This was on a level 16 character, so there was a lot unslotted! Determination, maybe I get it, but why two ranks? Okay. There were some mini-meta deeds that gave 1000 extra XP. I'm thinking it was finishing up the slayers and explores. I'd had one overspill into Confidence, so that had 1 rank. That, then, would make Determination the next alphabetical lowest when a mini-meta was finished, so the overspill went to it. At least that's as much sense as I can make of it.

The overspill to Honesty, I'm clueless on.

The system really needs some fine-tuning.
    Completing these 'mini-meta' deeds give 2000VXP, at least the ones I see, so would give you 2 ranks of low level virtue as they only require 1000 VXP until level 10. (At least they used to)
    But as I have said, there are anomolies... like in Angmar those deeds that used to give +2 Virtue give 4000 VXP yet completing the meta-deed gives nothing.

It would appear VXP goes Earning > Selected (Left to Right) > Lowest Rank (Alphabetically) But that doesnt explain why Honesty got some ranks in your case, unless Discipline, Empathy and Fortitude had ranks higher than Honesty.

But without a blue name coming in and actually saying... or Bearded Minstrel doing a comprehensive write up... ^^ we may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Well, I just checked on a couple of characters on the main server to look into costs.

Main alt, level 120 and all virtues apart from Wit, sitting at cap or above 57. Costs to rank up to next level are not above 3K VXP on any virtue. None actually show that amount, but a few that show half the rank bar half full and show 1500, so, it's a guess.
    Mule alt, level 120 and all virtues sitting at various levels between 1 and 32. Costs to rank up are about the same.

Slowtro alt, level 51, virtue ranks all below 20. Cost around the same per rank as the other two alts.

So it doesn't look as if costs at higher levels are that much of an increase. However, it's confusing that a level 120 characters cost to rank up a virtue to let's say 10, is roughly the same cost as a level 120 char raising a virtue to 59.

That would suggest no price differences between ranks in virtues. But I've read in lots of places, that there is a difference.
    The guys on the wiki have been doing wonders to update the virtue info. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues

Of note is the costs rising. Our UI does not show us the full cost, just what's left. The wiki guys are used to nailing down the details for us though.

Some would argue that there has been some intent to disguise what's really going on underneath for some commercial reason. We still have the concept that you can't fool all of the people all of the time though. Conspiracy theorist might include the un-explained technical issues that kept BR down and the nothing to see here suggestion as part of that intent. For me it's the usual trying to implement something new without the resources and time and ending up fudging it. KISS isn't a concept they demonstrate using. Maybe being told what wonders you are doing all the time by a section of the community has them aiming beyond their resources.

You have to consider yourself fooled though if you haven't noticed much difference in ranking at 10 and 59. How will less bright people see it?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

I have most of my active capped characters with ranks all with partial progress showing. My lower bank/crafter/storage alts have zero partial progress.
    The cut off is rank 53 to 54 mark. In beta these partials were in units of 100, the last minute extra boost to ranks going live did throw these out so it's down to single units. Ie. I have one that needs 97 vxp to rank up when it might have been a 300 or 200 vxp in beta. The extra boost to placate detractors in beta has a more confusing progress bar for our higher ranked virtues now. It makes it more annoying to work out just what you need to slot and set to earning to handle the big hits from meta completions.

For the Characters that all ended up with partial progress I had made a measuring device:
    I took a piece of card, cut it to the length of the virtue rank xp bar then marked it in 16 graduations. Some very simple maths takes my rough measurement and what the UI tells me is left to do and can pretty accurately tell me the full cost to rank. Echoing the wiki costs.

But this was in beta. These extra confusing partial amounts diminishes the chance of accuracy on live. It's only when we can max out all these 54+ ranks can we remove the fudge and get back to simpler units of hundred to work on when the level cap rises. Kind of pays to max them before a cap increase just to make it a bit easier to work with the system.

For those who are trying to figure out "what just happened" when an unexpected virtue rank rises I suggest setting up a less used chat window filtered to only show Advancement for saving a snapshot or saving the whole session. When you notice an anomaly you have a record of what happened to refer to.

The guys on the wiki have been doing wonders to update the virtue info. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues

Of note is the costs rising. Our UI does not show us the full cost, just what's left. The wiki guys are used to nailing down the details for us though.

Some would argue that there has been some intent to disguise what's really going on underneath for some commercial reason. We still have the concept that you can't fool all of the people all of the time though. Conspiracy theorist might include the un-explained technical issues that kept BR down and the nothing to see here suggestion as part of that intent. For me it's the usual trying to implement something new without the resources and time and ending up fudging it. KISS isn't a concept they demonstrate using. Maybe being told what wonders you are doing all the time by a section of the community has them aiming beyond their resources.

You have to consider yourself fooled though if you haven't noticed much difference in ranking at 10 and 59. How will less bright people see it?
    I see the difference on my panel, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. A level 10 virtue costs around 1000 and a level 59 costs 2000. Exactly doubled. So yes, it slows down as we get higher, but the deeds all still reward 2000 or more VXP for completion. We also have other content that will now reward VXP as well. Getting the virtues to max - was always a slog, that's not improved any, but from what I can see so far, it's not got any worse either. Time will tell I suppose. I have roughly 250K VXP left that I can run back for on the LS, and that's only counting up as far as the end of Moria, and I'm more than half done on most of the virtues I haven't already capped to 32. There a massive amount of deeds left to come after that. Add to that, every other avenue that we'll get to earn the VXP, and I think it will be enough - unless of course, something changes in the meantime.

Going on your later post, I used a mental ruler to judge the amount left on the bars, and it looks like we've come up with roughly the same result.

Is it too good to be true? Hard to judge yet. At the moment, I'm pleasantly surprised with how it's all working. The only thing that could be seen as a down side - which doesn't affect me - is that people who preferred to buy their virtue ranks, now have to grind though a load of content or gamble on their chance at "purchasing" virtue ranks through lootboxes.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 18 2019 at 10:32 AM.

I did A Level Maths and a year of it at Uni so I should be able to figure it out.. We have gone from an approx. max 30 to a max 60 system. To match, earning and ranking we'd need one completed deed to earn two ranks now.
    Up to new rank 10 this is what we get. But we know you had to do every virtue deed in the game to get old rank 30 across the board. Without increasing cost the game would provide enough old deeds to max out, just. Wiki shows it's 86,000 to max one virtue. It would be 60,000 without cost increases. Where does this 26,000 per virtue extra come from?

Over the now 21 virtues this equates to a total shortfall of 21 X 26,000 = 546,000. Given that all the old deeds 30 (deeds done) X 20 (virtues) X 2000 earns us 1.2 million vxp it's a little under half as much again.

We are to infer that festivals and end-game weeklies can make up for the shortfall. 273 deed completions worth?

In order for festivals to make up the hit you suffer in the later game there would need to be a serious amount available. We can't know what VXP the festivals will provide for a few more days. But the system can not handle the 6,000 VXP hits adequately.

You might be under the impression that because your 120 toons have high ranks that these ranks have been generated under the new mechanics. This was not so. We see our ranks between 55 and 59 and think the system is good, not far to go to cap. But if really generated under the new system we'd be getting around rank 45/47 on 20 virtues as a completionist with Wit on zero. It would hardly be popular if after all that deeding we were short by so much so we are given boosted ranks in the transfer. Those who stopped at 20 ranks would be looking at ranks in the low 30s. Late comers have festival grinds for years or come to endgame with another thing to grind on top of all the disadvantages they have reaching the cap. ILI, embers, Scrolls, traits and essence.

They failed to do the maths on this, went to release and put themselves into an irrecoverable position. Queue the utter silence...

I did A Level Maths and a year of it at Uni so I should be able to figure it out.. We have gone from an approx. max 30 to a max 60 system. To match, earning and ranking we'd need one completed deed to earn two ranks now.
    Up to new rank 10 this is what we get. But we know you had to do every virtue deed in the game to get old rank 30 across the board. Without increasing cost the game would provide enough old deeds to max out, just. Wiki shows it's 86,000 to max one virtue. It would be 60,000 without cost increases. Where does this 26,000 per virtue extra come from?

Over the now 21 virtues this equates to a total shortfall of 21 X 26,000 = 546,000. Given that all the old deeds 30 (deeds done) X 20 (virtues) X 2000 earns us 1.2 million vxp it's a little under half as much again.

We are to infer that festivals and end-game weeklies can make up for the shortfall. 273 deed completions worth?

In order for festivals to make up the hit you suffer in the later game there would need to be a serious amount available. We can't know what VXP the festivals will provide for a few more days. But the system can not handle the 6,000 VXP hits adequately.

You might be under the impression that because your 120 toons have high ranks that these ranks have been generated under the new mechanics. This was not so. We see our ranks between 55 and 59 and think the system is good, not far to go to cap. But if really generated under the new system we'd be getting around rank 45/47 on 20 virtues as a completionist with Wit on zero. It would hardly be popular if after all that deeding we were short by so much so we are given boosted ranks in the transfer. Those who stopped at 20 ranks would be looking at ranks in the low 30s. Late comers have festival grinds for years or come to endgame with another thing to grind on top of all the disadvantages they have reaching the cap. ILI, embers, Scrolls, traits and essence.

They failed to do the maths on this, went to release and put themselves into an irrecoverable position. Queue the utter silence...
    I must be looking at a different system to you, or maybe a different wiki. Or we are simply interpreting or forecasting differently.

The lowest amount needed to rank up is 1000VXP. The highest needed to rank up is 2000 VXP. I got this info from the wiki link that you gave me to read.

Every deed awards a minimum of 2000 VXP. So it's still one rank of virtue per deed, or higher.

Yes, I was capped (actually over capped) on all virtues before the update, and after it, I'm not capped anymore, but that would have happened with a virtue cap increase anyway, even under the old system. If people were capped before, a new raise to the cap limit, would make them, uncapped until they do the work to become capped again. With the new cap, came more content, and more deeds, to allow the ranks to be earned.

Those characters that I have that are nowhere near capped, are in that state because - they've never done the deeds. Those deeds are still available to them now, should they want to grind it out.

Over the next few days I'm going to take my main up to 60 on all 21 virtues, and over the next month I'm going to pick a mule with low ranks, gear it and do all the deeds available, to see how far they can get.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    End game repeatable quests and Festivals will also grant virtue XP.
    Festivals? Meh.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Glefinthor View Post
    What class actually has need of all 21?
    That's what I am thinking! What Character would need ALL Virtues? I say just work on the pertinent virtues for your toon!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!
    Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone
    Now playing on Legendary Server, Ithil

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    That's what I am thinking! What Character would need ALL Virtues? I say just work on the pertinent virtues for your toon!
    The system still needs better tools for doing that. As it stands it can lead to confusion, frustration, and at best, needing to micromanage something that should not require micromanaging. At worst, it can lead to players ignoring the system or actively avoiding deed completion.

The bones are there for something good. Just needs a little more flesh on them.

I must be looking at a different system to you, or maybe a different wiki. Or we are simply interpreting or forecasting differently.

The lowest amount needed to rank up is 1000VXP. The highest needed to rank up is 2000 VXP. I got this info from the wiki link that you gave me to read.

Every deed awards a minimum of 2000 VXP. So it's still one rank of virtue per deed, or higher.

Yes, I was capped (actually over capped) on all virtues before the update, and after it, I'm not capped anymore, but that would have happened with a virtue cap increase anyway, even under the old system. If people were capped before, a new raise to the cap limit, would make them, uncapped until they do the work to become capped again. With the new cap, came more content, and more deeds, to allow the ranks to be earned.

Those characters that I have that are nowhere near capped, are in that state because - they've never done the deeds. Those deeds are still available to them now, should they want to grind it out.

Over the next few days I'm going to take my main up to 60 on all 21 virtues, and over the next month I'm going to pick a mule with low ranks, gear it and do all the deeds available, to see how far they can get.
    You miss the point that true parity would be always to have one deed completion gains 2 new ranks. We are just concerned with catching up on the ranks that vets are being rewarded with and asking if it's possible to catch up, the OP's assertion.

Every increase in cost beyond rank 10 needs another source to supply VXP in addition to what the old game provides. It's only starting at 100 more each time but gradually rises. The point is that it starts out easy and gets out of all proportion in the late game when newcomers have so much already piled up against them with the many grinds that it's seen many veterans giving up on it to sub and play on the LSs where long term they will ultimately have the most to loose in the new system. Will 2 years of festival VXP grinds be enough when the Vales debuts on the LS?

They could increase gains from old sources, the virtue stingy areas, to fill in a bit but how do you propagate that extra VXP to those who have already completed them? We don't have a bank of VXP to spend. System is designed to rank up earning and just five others. As soon as those are capped overflow goes to specifically your least useful Virtue on account of you have not ranked it up.

They could seriously cut or drop the increases in costs that make it so unfair to newcomers, but having gone to release before sorting it out we have weeks of gains being made at these increased costs already and again a systems so limited in it's ability to handle large VXP additions.

I'd say prep that mule for the next time beta is up for the expansion, it will give you far more time to have those 590+ sources at the ready.

I can do the maths but I'm no maths teacher. I can do the research and testing and say what I see but I can't make others see what I see. Image what this does to people who go utterly blank at the thought of some maths or game mechanics.
    Last edited by Ballie; Jun 18 2019 at 03:59 PM.

In two days the Summer festival will arrive and then the speculation we've being doing on how much VXP will be available and how many years of festivals we'd need to do to fill the hole will be resolved.

It's still a no win for SSG because it's either woefully short or so high that the system design can't possible cope.

It needs some credible input from SSG. Someone who has done the maths.

They could increase gains from old sources, the virtue stingy areas, to fill in a bit but how do you propagate that extra VXP to those who have already completed them? We don't have a bank of VXP to spend. System is designed to rank up earning and just five others. As soon as those are capped overflow goes to specifically your least useful Virtue on account of you have not ranked it up.
    But we have full control over where we use the VXP.

Say for example, you have mercy, patience, innocence, valour and wit slotted, and all but wit is capped. Wit is about to cap, and there will be an overflow. You want that overflow to go to Tolerance, but you have a lower value on fortitude so the system will push the overflow to fortitude. What you need to do here, in order to ensure the overflow vxp you get goes to Tolerance, is to un-slot one of the other capped virtues, and slot tolerance in it's place. When Wit caps (as that is the one that is set to earning), all overflow will go to Tolerance, because it's in your slotted virtues. Once that's done, re-slot the capped virtue that you temporarily removed, and click Tolerance to flag it as earning. Rinse and repeat using the virtues in the order that you wish to rank them up.

I've already adapted to the system outlined above, and it's working fine.

p. s. With regard to alts with lower ranks, on the LS, I'll be watching that very carefully. If need be, I'll run slayer deeds to the last but one kill or the last but one location etc on explorer deeds, and put them on hold until the level cap raises.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 18 2019 at 04:42 PM.

Say for example, you have mercy, patience, innocence, valour and wit slotted, and all but wit is capped. Wit is about to cap, and there will be an overflow. You want that overflow to go to Tolerance, but you have a lower value on fortitude so the system will push the overflow to fortitude. What you need to do here, in order to ensure the overflow vxp you get goes to Tolerance, is to un-slot one of the other capped virtues, and slot tolerance in it's place. When Wit caps (as that is the one that is set to earning), all overflow will go to Tolerance, because it's in your slotted virtues. Once that's done, re-slot the capped virtue that you temporarily removed, and click Tolerance to flag it as earning. Rinse and repeat using the virtues in the order that you wish to rank them up.

p. s. With regard to alts with lower ranks, on the LS, I'll be watching that very carefully. If need be, I'll run slayer deeds to the last but one kill or the last but one location etc on explorer deeds, and put them on hold until the level cap raises.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think it doesn't matter what you have slotted.
    You can click on any of the virtues in the main field and that one will be tagged as "earning".
    The next allocation of VPX goes to that tagged Virtue.

I am not sure if you need to the re-select where you want the VPX to go in the next allocation, or if it defaults to one of your selected or where it goes...still learning.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

We don't have a bank of VXP to spend. System is designed to rank up earning and just five others. As soon as those are capped overflow goes to specifically your least useful Virtue on account of you have not ranked it up.
    Once the Earning Virtue is capped, you move it to something else...You have total control over where your VXP goes.

The bit you highlighted was specifically dealing with how the system is inadequate to handle large sums of VXP. How could you miss that? If there was to be some "readjustment" hotfix with nothing further in place for players to choose where it is spent. It's the half million hole you cant see, not just a token deed completion. Just how would you cope with a chunk of only 20k vxp arriving on a dot update when you logged out with your 5 slotted at cap and earning at a few VXP to cap?

You barely have control with a meta 6k hit that comes out of the blue. Am I being trolled?

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post
    Once the Earning Virtue is capped, you move it to something else...You have total control over where your VXP goes.
    There are a few things that are working against you having "total control" in a practical level.

• The system gives no warning when a virtue is about to cap.
    • The system does not let you slot virtues of rank 0
    • Even if it did, a new character has to level up to even unlock virtue slots to use
    • Having a mostly hidden system to micromanage is not ideal gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    There are a few things that are working against you having "total control" in a practical level.

• The system gives no warning when a virtue is about to cap.
    • The system does not let you slot virtues of rank 0
    • Even if it did, a new character has to level up to even unlock virtue slots to use
    • Having a mostly hidden system to micromanage is not ideal gameplay
    Just to clarify: You don't need to slot a Virtue to advance it.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Just to clarify: You don't need to slot a Virtue to advance it.
    This is true. But if you want to "queue up" the next virtue to get VXP when your current one caps, the only way to do it is to have it slotted. Which is not possible if your other slots are locked or your virtues are at rank 0. Both of which are starting conditions for new characters.

Most people who seem to be ok with the mechanics of the system are looking at it from the perspective of an existing character and/or a veteran player. Start a new character and look at the game as though you have not played it before. This is where making things more user friendly could have the biggest impact, but overall every player would benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    Correct.

You can get the 5 you need from 0-60 in about 24 hours of playtime. Which is so much better than the old system.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think it doesn't matter what you have slotted.
    You can click on any of the virtues in the main field and that one will be tagged as "earning".
    The next allocation of VPX goes to that tagged Virtue.

I am not sure if you need to the re-select where you want the VPX to go in the next allocation, or if it defaults to one of your selected or where it goes...still learning.
    Yes, I think we can force earning onto an unslotted virtue, but I'm talking specifically about overflow, when one virtue caps out (it won't cap out if it's not set to earning). As we don't control where the system puts an overflow of vxp as one virtue caps out, then pushing the one we prefer to take the overflow into a slot, will force the system to put it there as that line of virtues will take priority for overflow.

The bit you highlighted was specifically dealing with how the system is inadequate to handle large sums of VXP. How could you miss that? If there was to be some "readjustment" hotfix with nothing further in place for players to choose where it is spent. It's the half million hole you cant see, not just a token deed completion. Just how would you cope with a chunk of only 20k vxp arriving on a dot update when you logged out with your 5 slotted at cap and earning at a few VXP to cap?

You barely have control with a meta 6k hit that comes out of the blue. Am I being trolled?
    I'm sorry. I still don't get what you're talking about. Either you are making something huge out of something small here, or I'm completely missing something that's happening in the virtue panel. I'm really not sure which. Is it that you don't want to manage your virtues and prefer the old system where X deed progressed X virtue, rather than the new system were any deed can progress any virtue?

How would I cope with a 20K vxp arriving on a dot update when I logged out with my 5 slotted at cap and earning at a few vxp to cap? Please explain this question to me, and I may have a chance as answering it for you. If my five are capped they can't be earning. If dot updates bring anything virtue related, logic will tell me, open the virtue panel before doing anything else, to see what's what. I'm already in the swing of adding deeds that have activated while questing to tracker so that I can see them progress, so as one is close to completion, I just open the panel and ensure overflow will go where I want it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    This is true. But if you want to "queue up" the next virtue to get VXP when your current one caps, the only way to do it is to have it slotted. Which is not possible if your other slots are locked or your virtues are at rank 0. Both of which are starting conditions for new characters.

Most people who seem to be ok with the mechanics of the system are looking at it from the perspective of an existing character and/or a veteran player. Start a new character and look at the game as though you have not played it before. This is where making things more user friendly could have the biggest impact, but overall every player would benefit.
    True, new characters are a bit restricted in the early levels because all the slots aren't open, but this has always been the case. When we arrive in the world, we arrive in one of two specific zones - Ered Luin or the Shire. Those two are our deed pools, and we have always been restricted to what deeds gave what in those areas. For example if we wanted a deed that awarded X for killing orcs, we couldn't get it until later on, when we hit a high enough level to quest in Breeland. A new character has all the virtues listed in the panel and all can be set to earning. They can set their five chosen to earn as they level through different areas, without actually capping any. By the time they have all five close to cap, I'm pretty sure that all slots will be open. But as I haven't tried a new character on this new system, I'm not 100% . . . but I'll run one this weekend, and suck it and see.

True, new characters are a bit restricted in the early levels because all the slots aren't open, but this has always been the case. When we arrive in the world, we arrive in one of two specific zones - Ered Luin or the Shire. Those two are our deed pools, and we have always been restricted to what deeds gave what in those areas. For example if we wanted a deed that awarded X for killing orcs, we couldn't get it until later on, when we hit a high enough level to quest in Breeland. A new character has all the virtues listed in the panel and all can be set to earning. They can set their five chosen to earn as they level through different areas, without actually capping any. By the time they have all five close to cap, I'm pretty sure that all slots will be open. But as I haven't tried a new character on this new system, I'm not 100% . . . but I'll run one this weekend, and suck it and see.
    Not quite. You can set one virtue to earn, not five. Assuming you get out of the intro at level 6, you can't slot anything. So go do some quests in the Shire or Ered Luin or Bree to get to 7, and then you can slot one virtue. You can level a virtue to level 3 when you're level 7. You get another slot at 9, then 11, then not until 17, then not until 23.

Assume you'll be around level 16 when you finish, say, Shire and ED, all deeds. So you can slot 3 virtues, and set a different one to earning if you so desire, and cap those virtues to 8.

Under the old system, you could earn any number of ranks to a virtue, and not be penalised for it. That's the difference, and it would help a lot if we could do it now, too. Let the ranks accrue, just don't make them useable until a higher level. But that isn't how it currently works.

There are many deeds in the lower levels. NOT a complaint. But you're going to be shuffling that earning tag around a lot. And don't forget the 'mini-meta' 1000 VXP for completing each class of a deed - all explore deeds in a region, all slayers, and all questing deeds.

If you're not micromanaging and changing things around before you complete any deed (or if you're unaware of the mini-metas), you're going to have overflow go somewhere else. And let's not forget the 6000 VXP for doing an entire area.

Try it. It's crazy-making. I expect true new players would be best off simply ignoring the entire virtue panel.

There also needs to be some provision for the people using a tortoise stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frace View Post
    And don't forget the 'mini-meta' 1000 VXP for completing each class of a deed - all explore deeds in a region, all slayers, and all questing deeds.

If you're not micromanaging and changing things around before you complete any deed (or if you're unaware of the mini-metas), you're going to have overflow go somewhere else. And let's not forget the 6000 VXP for doing an entire area.
    Where is this 1000 VXP you are on about?

You get 2000 VXP for completing each Quests of the... Explorer of the.. and Slayer of the... and a further 2000 VXP for completing the wrapper Deeds of the...
    So unless you are killing a mob for the last kill of last slayer for the last quest of an area just as you jump onto the last explorer spot... I dont see this as being a problem.
    Last edited by JimhadaUK; Jun 19 2019 at 03:13 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast