We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: More morale?

More morale?

Is it possible to somehow (maybe through level 115 or 120 crafted relics) enhance warsteed morale?
    They can now be 1-shotted by landscape mobs of this level, making regular horses or goats a better bet.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I complained about this went Mordor came out, after having my warsteed shot out from underneath me countless times, usually after only one hit.

I don't see why this shouldn't be something that is a basic feature of all warsteeds however. Just up their percentage of morale for each class of steed. Heck I would prefer to see ALL warsteed skills scaled up so that they remain relevant. It makes me sad that I work on my warsteed, fall in love with it, and then have to abandon it as soon as I leave Gondor.

Well, adjusting morale and skill values would be the way to go, but when you look how long it takes the devs to fix the skills of the player classes, I don't see this ever coming.

For the time being, there is a workaround. Reset your War Steed trait tree, choose Medium Steed, and allocate points. The skill you definetely want is "Sacrifice" in the blue tree. It gives you a War Steed toggle skill of the same name that creates a shield which reroutes all damage to your toons morale pool. Since your mount has 2k morale and you should have 80+k, a few stray shots won't dismount you, only deplete your morale bar a bit.

(If you see someone riding along with three blue shields swirling around his steed, he/she has Sacrifice toggled on.)

Would like to see modern numbers on warsteeds. I think when Legendary Servers will come to Mounted Combat zones, SSG will take a look into that. So we have to be patient another while.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Would like to see modern numbers on warsteeds. I think when Legendary Servers will come to Mounted Combat zones, SSG will take a look into that. So we have to be patient another while.
    Stats on your initial WS are now so out of touch with character stats, it is far easier to dismount and fight, even with some of the war bands.

And what have they done with the mounted mini skills?? one attracts every mob within a mile, yet the tool tip doesnt even label it as an AOE skill.

I targeted one mob at max range, and it pulled in mobs from the entire area, including far behind me and those out of LOS on the far side of a building.