We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black Book of Mordor 4.1 Cirith Ungol issue

I'm trying to run an alt through the BBoM, but I've run into a problem with 4.1: As soon as I enter Cirith Ungol my character is put in the Silent One disguise. This, of course, makes all the orcs inside friendly and unable to be attacked, which means I can't do anything to get a letter from one and advance the BBoM quest.

I'd understand this happening if I'd done the Lhingris quest chain to the point where I obtain and don the disguise in the first place, but I have done no such thing. In fact, I have completed ZERO Lhingris quests on this character, and I really had no intention of doing so. I didn't enjoy a thing about Mordor when I went through it with my main, and the only reason I'm even doing the BBoM with an alt in the first place is to get the rewards from post-Mordor books for the alt. I've just done the minimum needed to advance the BBoM quests and that's it.

My character can't speak to any of the orcs in Cirith Ungol despite the disguised status (no quest rings on any of them), so picking up the Lhingris quest chain at that point doesn't appear to be an option. Am I seriously going to be stuck doing the majority of the Lhingris quest chain just to get to the point where I can loot a letter? Or is there some other way for me to get the letter to drop, possibly outside of Cirith Ungol itself?
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 112 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 120 | Bindore dwarf hunter 108

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 118 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 105

Submit an in-game ticket, short and sweet, focusing on the quest progression issue. GMs can advance quests if things are bugged.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

I'm not completely sure but I think the orcs at Lugvarg (53.5S, 7.2E) may drop the letter for you. Worth a try anyway.

You don't have to kill the orcs in Cirith Ungol for the letter, IIRC any Orc in Lhingris should do.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Any Orc in Lingris will drop that letter.

There are a few groups along the main road near the north end of Lingris.

Happy hunting

Thanks! That did it. The first orc I killed at Lugvarg dropped the letter I needed. If I'd actually taken that route into Lhingris in the first place, I would've seen my quest tracker tell me that, but dumb me, I was taking the quest notes literally.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 112 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 120 | Bindore dwarf hunter 108

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 118 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 105