We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anduin weeklies @ Hultvis not available

I ran the two weeklies last week 2/2 for each, got the 750 Embers each and waited for today for the reset.

I did the quests today, but no weekly, checked all three NPC's, no weekly to click, nothing....and, Dev notes state there's supposed to be a third Gulmark for Embers vendor, I see nothing.

Is the reset on a new day, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, the Radighast feeding critter quests at Rhosgobel are bugged, got one done and the next won't show on the map, on the first one the maps only worked sporadically.

I am also wondering about this. I did the dailies for the first time on Thursday and got the wrapper quests automatically. Did them again on Friday and was able to complete the wrappers at the vendor for 750 Embers each. Today I did both the daily quests again, but did not receive either of the wrapper quests. If these are supposed to reset weekly, same as Reclaiming the Grey, then something is broken.

I have no idea when the reset day is, but it could run based on 7 days after you do them, or they may just have a different reset day to what we're used to.

The critters quest relies on you having the tasty treats in your bag, and those come from Radagast's gift daily wrapper (5) and then a few more from his run around quests (fishing, claiming animals and collecting eggs and veggies from his garden). If you have no tasty treats in your bags, the critter quest will not work.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It looks like it's not Monday for reset.

But it's also confusing.

I ran it friday and saturday and got the rewards on saturday. then i picked up the good wrapper sunday and did my first day.
    Today that progress was cancelled and though the wrapper was there it didn't have the virtue reward - only i think 5 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    It looks like it's not Monday for reset.

But it's also confusing.

I ran it friday and saturday and got the rewards on saturday. then i picked up the good wrapper sunday and did my first day.
    Today that progress was cancelled and though the wrapper was there it didn't have the virtue reward - only i think 5 tokens.
    You may be confusing the two wrappers.

There's a daily wrapper for each instance which involves completing the five quests inside. These reward 5 tokens and reset if you don't complete them in a day.

There was also what we assume should be a pair of weekly quests, which each require two completions of the respective daily wrapper. These weekly quests each reward 3000 VXP but have not reappeared since the update launched.

(Forgive me if you knew all that, it is confusing. I have no idea why the developers feel the need to make things unnecessarily complicated. It has been a problem for the whole of LOTRO's existance).
    Tarmas Elf Champion R13 120
    Outside the Black Gate: Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil Elf Warden R6 | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Laurelin, ex-Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    You may be confusing the two wrappers.

There's a daily wrapper for each instance which involves completing the five quests inside. These reward 5 tokens and reset if you don't complete them in a day.

There was also what we assume should be a pair of weekly quests, which each require two completions of the respective daily wrapper. These weekly quests each reward 3000 VXP but have not reappeared since the update launched.

(Forgive me if you knew all that, it is confusing. I have no idea why the developers feel the need to make things unnecessarily complicated. It has been a problem for the whole of LOTRO's existance).
    What I was trying to say is that I did get that good wrapper for a second time yesterday - with the 3000 vxp. After completing it the first time Saturday. But then today my quests were blank/deleted and the 3000 vxp wrapper is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    What I was trying to say is that I did get that good wrapper for a second time yesterday - with the 3000 vxp. After completing it the first time Saturday. But then today my quests were blank/deleted and the 3000 vxp wrapper is no longer available.
    I did get the two done for the weekly reward last week, going by what you say then, the weeklies reset Monday, but they're glitched.

These should reset every Thursday at 3:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT).
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for the update on this.

Mine reset halfway complete at server reset Monday morning. How did that happen?

Thank you

Thanks. Should this not be on the release notes? Also, looks like people got their weekly wrappers cancelled when Sunday rolled in and could not get new ones.

So they should be available now? They are not for me.
    Outside the Black Gate: Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil Elf Warden R6 | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Laurelin, ex-Eldar

They haven't reset. This is broken for sure, but not at all surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They haven't reset. This is broken for sure, but not at all surprising.
    There a lots of things about game design and development which are hard. I don't think getting repeatable quests to reset on time should be one of them.
    Laurelin, ex-Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    There a lots of things about game design and development which are hard. I don't think getting repeatable quests to reset on time should be one of them.
    Chatting with others in World chat as we speak on here. Some have the quest reset, some don't. It's not even listed for me, like there but with a CD, It's just non existent.

Ok, here is the workaround for anyone else not getting a reset and no weekly quest in the list.

1. Cancel any daily you have already picked up and wait out the 5 min CD.
    2. Reboot the client
    3. Pick up either of the dailies and the weekly will auto-bestow when you accept the quest.

A simple acknowledgement that the weekly wrapper is bugged for some folks and that they're "working on it" would go a long way for users. I have only had the weekly wrapper once so far, and that was last week.

Forgive me if what I say here is incorrect, I am working from memory, but didn’t we have exactly the same, if not a very similar issue in Skarhald and the dailies there?

If I remember correctly it was with the quest that requires you to find and hand in 3 items from inside the resource instances, the problem that time was if you had the quest in your log incomplete when the daily reset happened you were both unable to ever hand in the old quest and also unable to acquire the new one.

The way round that was to delete the old quest then relog and when you came back in game you could start the new one, which ties in with Arnenna’s workaround above.

Seems a little bit disconcerting that (if this is the case) they have repeated the mob damage escalation issue in two successive content release and also the same issue with repeatable quests in two successive content releases as well. Are these things going to happen every time we get new content from here on in?

As example, when you have all other quests have weekly CD, they show up info (6 days until end of CD, 2 days, 24 hours)... this NPC just don't show anything. When I complete this quests for 750 embers first time, when have same CD as all other quests from that NPC - 7 hours. On next day, they just disappear.

They're working for me, got 1/2 on both yesterday.